They were all portrayed by Bruce Locke.
The First Otomo
The first Otomo android meets with the CEO of OCP and then sets out to find the Rebel Hideout. He finds a group of rebels and kills them finding an overlay for a map. He then steals a map and finds the rebel base. He arrives to find that McDaggett and his team have already cleared the base but he waits for RoboCop. RoboCop arrives and is attacked by Otomo. He flips through the air, kicking and punching RoboCop who is knocked off his feet. He continues to try and arrest Otomo. "You are under arrest for assaulting a police officer." As he raises his hand Otomo cuts his fingers off. "And destruction of police property." With that Otomo swings his sword and takes RoboCop's entire hand off. As Otomo is getting ready to strike again RoboCop reaches for his gun attachment and puts it on. Otomo lifts his sword to strike as RoboCop fires a missile, taking Otomo's head off. Otomo's headless body swings it's sword and falls to the ground.
Two MoreRoboCop flies into the scene with his jetpack and defeats the attackers before he proceeds to the OCP building, where McDaggett is waiting for him. Two other Otomo robots confront RoboCop and nearly manage to defeat him when Nikko and Lazarus succeed in reprogramming them, forcing them to destroy each other. This, however, triggers a self-destruct in both units and cause 30 metres of damage. RoboCop reignites his jet pack, the discharge of flame hitting McDaggett's leg and rendering him immobile, and escapes with Nikko and Lazarus, while McDaggett perishes in the blast.
They are sent to help Paul McDaggett and the OCP CEO overcome the resistance of the anti-OCP militia forces. They are also tasked with destroying RoboCop should they meet. Paul McDaggett, the Rehab Commander, has two Otomo droids in the OCP Tower ready for RoboCop's arrival in case the original fails to stop him (which it does).
The otomo is a humanoid android with enchanced strengh,speed and reflexes. It is armed only with a katana, which otomo has great skill wielding it, but it has shown great skill in firearms. The otomo android also has a safety feature which if defeated it will detonate a minuture nuclear device.
- Director Fred Dekker cast Bruce Locke because to Dekker he looked like "A Japanese Action Figure".
- Bruce Locke got the call from his agent after coming back from the gym and checking his answering machine. Locke was told just to come as is and was then taken to the Orion offices to meet with Director Fred Dekker, who immediately liked him and cast him in the role.
- Because certain scenes were shot at night in below zero conditions, Bruce Locke would often be freezing, as he wore only a suit while crew members were wearing thick coats and gloves.
- Otomo is similar to the Terminator, both are humanoid artificial intelligences that are designed to assasinate the main hero.
- One could argue that the fact that RoboCop could beat Otomo was a factor in him beating Terminator in ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE.
- The confrontation with the two Otomo androids was originally supposed to end with Nikko reprogramming both droids to attack each other, thereby simultaneously severing each other's heads. Extensive animatronics were created to film the effect, but the hectic shooting schedule did not allow for the scene to be shot completely.