|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Agni and Rudra, also known as "The Firestorm" are minor villains in Devil May Cry 3. They are brothers who serve as guardians of the demonic ancient spire Temen-ni-gru.
Agni and Rudra are demonic swords with their own 2 heads on the helms of the swords. They both use headless demon bodies so they can walk. They both have very similar appearances, but also have some differences.
Agni is the red demonic sword. He can create and manipulate fire.
Rudra is the blue demonic sword. He can control wind.
Devil May Cry 3
When Dante entered the Firestorm Chamber, he encountered the demon brothers; Agni and Rudra. They haven't had a guest for awhile so they wanted to be "Gracious Hosts." Dante demands them to let him go by, they refused and attacked Dante.
Both Agni and Rudra fight with sword combat and doing running slashes, but Agni fights with fire, and Rudra fights with Wind. After one of them gets defeated, the other one tries to grab the sword and fights with a dual sword, doubling their power.
After Dante defeats both of them, Agni and Rudra ask to be taken with him as Devil Arms. Dante agrees to their request, but on one condition; Agni and Rudra remain quiet.
- In Hinduism, Agni is the god of fire and Rudra is the god of the storm, thought to be an early form of Shiva. Agni is also thought to be the accepter of sacrifices while Rudra is also thought to be a god of diseases.
- Agni and Rudra are the only monsters in Devil May Cry 3 that actually reveal their name.
- The words 'agni' (अग्नि) and 'rudra' (रूद्र), derived from the Sanskrit language, mean 'fire' and 'courage' respectively.
- Though Agni and Rudra did not make an appearance in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, their Devil Arm form do make an appearance as Dante's weapons.
- The weapons Durga from Bayonetta is similar to both Agni and Rudra in terms of colors and the elemental abilities, although the Durga is lightning based while Rudra is wind elemental.
- It is not known, whether Twister and Tempest quotes: "Ashes-ashes" and "Dust to dust" are spoken by Dante or Agni and Rudra or even by all three. As Dante's phrases are or were present in the game files and could be scrapped due to interfering voices. Another theory, it could just have been voice-adjusted.
- Although not physically appearing in Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, one of the characters, Trucy Wright, suggests that Apollo Justice and Phoenix Wright be named "Agni and Rudra" respectively, and suggests that they should be a pair of jokers. This is a clear reference to Agni and Rudra as well as their jokey nature.
- Agni and Rudra were designed as the fire and wind counterparts to Dante's "neutral" sword Rebellion and the Cerberus' ice powers.
- The lines "Ashes to ashes!" and "Dust to dust!" are also spoken by Nero in Devil May Cry 4 after the Ultimate Move "Showdown".
Devil May Cry 2