|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ Ahmed and Salim's catchphrase.|
Ahmed and Salim Majhayeff (أحمد وسالم ahmad wasalim) (אחמד וסלים) are the titular main protagonists of the Israeli animated web series with the same name. They are two nerdy Arab Muslim teenagers who want to have a regular life playing video games and watching television, but their terroristic father Yasser is always forcing them to do terrorism, which usually backfires on him in the end of each episode.
Ahmed is the eldest son of the Majhayeff family. He has tan skin, black eyes and black hair covered by a traditional Arabian hat. He also has a black mustache, and wears a long white traditional Arabian dress with sandals.
Ahmed is more coordinated and serious than his brother, Salim. However, he is a lazy young man who spends time watching Western TV shows and playing video games. Whenever a terroristic plot fails or causing trouble to the citizens around them, he along with Salim often get yelled at by their father by saying "AHMED AND SALIM!" before an episode ends.
Salim is the youngest son of the Majhayeff family. He has tan skin, black eyes (and possibly black hair) and wears a black and blue mask that covers half of his face. He also wears a green shirt with a what appears to be a suicide belt, and wears black pants and sandals.
Salim is the opposite of Ahmed, as he is less coordinated and serious than his brother. However, much like Ahmed himself, he is a lazy young man who spends time watching Western TV shows and playing video games. He can also be seen as a spoiled brat, whereas in the first episode where he could get some ice cream first before performing the terroristic plot against the Jewish bus (which failed since it blew up an Arab bus). Along with Ahmed, he gets often yelled at by their father.
- Episode 1: They mistakenly blew up an Arab bus instead of the Jewish one.
- Episode 4: They shot their own father in the penis thinking he was a "filthy jew".
- Episode 5: Salim blending their father's testicles.
- Episode 8: Ahmed kidnapping and attempting to kill Justin Bieber but Yasser killed him instead.
- And so on...
- While Ahmed and Salim's nationality is unknown, they're most likely Palestinian. However, in some episodes, they have a reversed UAE flag at their living room, which makes this situation hard to understand whether or not they are Emiratis or Palestinian. However, they are probably just Middle Easterners of unknown origin.
- The series was banned by the United Arab League (UAL) in March 2009 because the authorities thought many Muslims would find it offensive. However, the creators of the show (Tom Trager and Or Paz of SugarZaza) stated that it wasn't meant to make fun of Muslims or Islam in general, but make fun of terrorists.
- They love Osama bin Laden.
- Ahmed and Salim along with the other characters of the show speak in mixed Hebrew, Arabic and English gibberishly. They also humorously refer words such as "6 million" as "Holocaust" and "Internet/Website" as "porno".
- The quote "fidgy wa'nana" is sometimes translated as "Fidgy Banana".
- Salim's face was never shown in the series.
- Ahmed is more intelligent that his brother.
- Salim's Design was from south park.