This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
Akio Othori (Japanese: 鳳 暁生 Ōtori Akio) is the main antagonist of the "Revolutionary Girl Utena" manga and anime. He is the chairman of the Ohtori Acedemy. The brother of the Rose Bride Anthy, Akio was once the godlike 'Dios' who gave up his divine nature for human pleasures. The punishment that was meant for him, he passed on to his sister.
Akio is a sensual seducer who values control and dominance, over all else. He engages in an incestious relationship with Anthy and will cross any moral boundry to keep power of her and others. His name is derived of the Japanese word; "Morning Star", which he himself identifies with the Fallen Angel, Lucifer, or the Devil.
Akio is a skilled swordsman and psychological threat.
- He is similar in many respects to Euron Greyjoy.
- Both are utterly sociopathic Complete Monsters.
- Both use a combination of manipulation and violence to achieve their goals.
- Both are attractive, slender, and charismatic men who hide their true nature from the public.
- Both sexually abuse their siblings, Akio sleeping with Anthy and Euron molesting Aeron and Urrigon.
- Both use political marriages to gain power; Euron wishes to marry Daenerys and Akio is engaged to the Chairman's daughter.
- Both have sex with teenage girls as well as other males.
- Both initially charm their young female lovers before discarding them when they are no longer useful (Akio with Kanae and Utena, Euron with Falia Flowers).
- Both usurp a position of authority by murdering its previous holder.
- Both are opposed by confident, tomboyish swordswoman (Utena and Asha respectively).
- Both intend to use a magical artifact to gain influence; Akio wishes to use the Sword of Dios and the Rose Gate to regain the divinity he lost, Euron wishes to use the Hellhorn to rule the Seven Kingdoms.
- Both have delusions of godhood and wish to gain absolute power.
- Both wear a suit of armor only in rare circumstances, (Akio's duelling outfit, Euron's Valyrian Steel Armor).
- Both pretend to obey the rules of their environment (the rules of Ohtori Academy and the Ironborn Old Way) while secretly caring nothing for them.
- Both have a penchant for humiliating others.
- Both have yet to truly suffer for their crimes.