|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||For billions of years I have lived. I have my memory in the early days of this planet. When Earth was but a rock and fire. -- I witnessed species evolve and head into eternal extinction. I wonder how long man will survive? For aeons I have pondered the meaning of my existence. Alas, I am still unable to find my answer. All things must come to an end. Planets, stars, entire universes, even Gods. Perhaps my destiny is simply to be destroyed. And yet I am immortal. My freedom is my captivity. I shall not die. I delight at your power. -- Perhaps Man does have a future on this planet. We shall see if He is above God himself.||„|
|“||Ah, it is them who have awoken me. Let us see if they are worthy to stand before me.||„|
Akron is the main antagonist in Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and Bullet Heaven 2.
Epic Battle Fantasy 3
A ancient deity, Akron was summoned by Godcat during the early years of the Earth after the cats' civilization crumbled through their friendship with humankind. Akron ruled over the world until he was sealed away by the warriors of the land inside Volcano Peak.
Gaining a mythical status, Akron soon faded into the background of the world until Matt, Natalie, and Lance discovered its legend and decided to kill the beast to boost their own glory. Following Matt foolishly awakening it, Arkon made most of their abilities inaccessible through manipulating reality before they were sent to The Town through the rift in space and time. This event caused the heroes to go on their quest, both to regain their powers and properly slay the beast.
As the adventure continues, Akron regains his strength, causing the monsters of the land to go berserk and himself to cause natural disasters en masse. Rumors of his return caused other adventurers to seek Akron themselves, only to be slain by his effects on the world or Akron himself. Any who survived instead helped our main trio to get to the beast themselves.
Returning his now warped tomb, Akron challenged the heroes to one more duel, with this time having the heroes finally end his reign of terror.
Bullet Heaven 2
Powers And Abilities
Akron is likely one of the most powerful enemies in the Epic Battle Fantasy series (next to Godcat and The Devourer). He possesses a variety of dangerous magical abilities, chief among which is his ability to change his elemental affinities at will. The large gem on his torso indicates which element he has shifted to, and players can track his new resistances and weaknesses by using Lance's "Scan" ability on Akron, the boss only needs to be scanned once, no matter his form.
Offensively, Akron can cast numerous powerful spells, mainly taking the form of beams or generic magic available to the players. As seen in the prologue, he can drain the powers of his foes to increase his own strength. A NPC in the final area of the game speculates that Akron drains his victims' souls to do this. He can summon lesser enemies to his side, including his signature Rune Claws (floating metal pincers animated by a red orb of energy in their centers) to assist him with healing/support spells and elemental attacks of their own.
After taking some damage, Akron can also switch to his second form, a massive, monstrous face with a gaping mouth. This form mainly attacks by releasing various weapons and creatures from its mouth, including an enormous blade of energy, Evil Worms (demonic, sandworm-like beasts that attack independently of their spiky tails), and a gigantic sphere of dark energy that has a small chance to instantly kill its targets.
- Akron has his own theme, titled "Divine Madness".
- As Akron loses health, his appearance changes over time. His horns become torn up, a white halo appears over his head, the large gem on his abdomen cracks, and his bandages come off, revealing bright red eyes.
- Akron was named after the dark lord in Rhapsody of Fire's lyrics.
- The potential elemental affinities Akron can take include fire/bomb (red), ice (blue), thunder (yellow), water/ice (blue-green), earth/poison (brown), holy (white), and darkness (black).
- Akron's visual design is inspired by Anima from Final Fantasy 10, Asura from Soul Eater, and some of the Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist.
- If one of Akron's eyes starts to show shortly after you hit him, it could be an indication that he is about to morph into his second form.
- Dark Godcat states in-battle that she created Akron as a "gift to humanity". This is significant because it establishes the fact that Godcat is the "big bad" of the series, and the most powerful entity in Epic Battle Fantasy.
- During his death animation, Evil Worms are seen coming out of the ground and exploding in the same way Akron is during said animation, possibly meaning that the Evil Worms are linked to him in some way. Despite this, Evil Worms can be found in Epic Battle Fantasy 4.
Saga of The Dead