|“||All-Star Zombie is always the first one on the field, and the last to leave. He uses suppression fire to hold the Plants at bay, and his Tackle Dummies are the best offensive linemen around.||„|
|~ All-Star's stickerbook description.|
|“||I used to play football.||„|
| ~ Football / All-Star Zombie in Zombies on Your Lawn music video.|
All-Star Zombie (formerly known as Football Zombie), or simply known as All-Star, is one of the secondary antagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is a zombie football player who takes part in fighting plants and eats the players' brains.
Plants vs. Zombies
He was first encountered in Night - Level 6 with the name Football Zombie. In this game, he can run fast and is very durable with his helmet. The player could use Magnet-shroom to remove his helmet and be able to destroy him much quicker.
An upgraded variant of him, Giga-Football Zombie, appeared in Plants vs. Zombies Online, he appeared as a black-colored Football Zombie with spikes on one shoulder pad. He had the same amount of health as a Gargantuar. Magnet-shroom cannot remove his helmet, however, the player can use a Chomper to instakill it.
Plants vs. Zombies Adventures
He appeared in the cancelled game, as seen in the level U of Z. Like the previous counterpart, a Magnet Plant can remove his helmet.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Another variant of him, Mecha-Football Zombie, appeared in Far Future, Level 13. The mech was piloted by a Future Zombie, it has Machined Toughness, but low in speed. The mech can push all plants back one tile, and the farthest plant could be bounced off the ground. An E.M.Peach is very useful to weaken this zombie, as it disables him temporarily.
The Football Zombie also returned in this game under the name "All-Star Zombie". He has a Hardened Toughness, and his speed is faster than the first game's counterpart until he tackled a plant, then his speed is reduced to basic. He also can kick Super-Fan Imps to the leftmost columns, causing it to explode and kill a plant. In this iteration, Magnet-shrooms cannot remove his helmet.
The achievement "You're an All-Star?" is earned when the players prevent an All-Star Zombie from tackling a plant.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
He also returned in the Garden Warfare series as one of the playable characters of the Zombies' side. He is one of the toughest characters on the zombie team, having the same amount of health as Super Brainz. All-Star is the heavy hitter of the zombie team, his large health pool and abilities allow him to take a beating a dish it right back. His primary weapon is the Football Canon, a fully automatic machine gun that fires at around 4000 footballs per minute, his Sprint Tackle allows him to finish off weakened opponents or quickly take cover, his Imp Punt is perfect for dealing with groups of plants, and his Dummy Shields provide just enough cover to aid in capturing or defending objectives or in combat.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, he is a playable character of the Defense role on the Zombies' side.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
|“||Gives 110% on the field. Has no idea what a football is.||„|
|~ All-Star Zombie's description.|
Plants vs. Zombies comics
He appeared in the comics as one of Dr. Zomboss's henchmen who takes parts of fighting plants.
- Baseball Star
- Rugby Star
- Hockey Star
- Cricket Star
- Goalie Star
- Wrestling Star
- Golf Star.
- Tennis Star
- Moto-X Star
Powers and Abilities
- Speed: All-Star can run faster than most other Flighty speed zombies.
- Durability: Thanks to his helmet, he has higher durability than a Buckethead Zombie.
- Football Canon: It is a weapon that fires footballs at plants like a machine gun at a rate of 5 footballs per second.
- Imp Punt: He can punt an Imp that explodes after a short while and heavily damages plants around it.
- Long Bomb: He can kick an Imp very high and far then explode on impact to deal damage to all plants around it.
- Sprint Tackle: He can sprint forward and deal damage to all plants in his path.
- Ultra Tackle: This ability deals more damage to plants in front of him, but it has a longer recharge.
- Dummy Shield: He can create a shield to protect himself and other zombies around it.
- Shield Decoy: A weaker shield, but the players can have up to four of them instead of two.
- Future Dummy: A shield that is similar to the dummy shield, but it can explode to deal with damages to all plants around it, however he can only carry one at a time.
- Football Throwing: In Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, he can throw a football that deals four points of damage against the target in front of him.
- In Tennis Star's stickerbook, he once witnessed Dr. Zomboss lose a fight against a tennis ball machine.
- All-Star occasionally says "Oh Yeah" when healed or when succesfully landing a Sprint Tackle.
- He is commonly described as not knowing how to play football, however, in some occasions, he knows how to play it:
- In Zombies on Your Lawn, he claimed that he used to play football.
- In his second game Almanac Entry, he plays football for fifty years.