|“||All-Star Zombie is always the first one on the field, and the last to leave. He uses suppression fire to hold the Plants at bay, and his Tackle Dummies are the best offensive linemen around.||„|
|~ All-Star's stickerbook description.|
|“||I used to play football.||„|
|~ Football / All-Star Zombie in Zombies on Your Lawn music video.|
All-Star Zombie (formerly known as Football Zombie), or simply known as All-Star, is one of the secondary antagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is a zombie football player who takes part in fighting plants and eats the players' brains.
- 1 History
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Variants
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Navigation
Plants vs. Zombies
He was first encountered in Night - Level 6 with the name Football Zombie. In this game, he is very fast and is very durable thanks to his helmet. The player could use Magnet-Shroom to remove his helmet and be able to destroy him much more easily.
An upgraded variant of him, Giga-Football Zombie, appeared in Plants vs. Zombies Online, he appeared as a black-colored Football Zombie with spikes on one shoulder pad. He had the same amount of health as a Gargantuar. Magnet-Shroom could not remove his helmet, however, the player can use a Chomper to instakill it.
Plants vs. Zombies Adventures
He appeared in the cancelled game, as seen in the level U of Z. Like the previous counterpart, a Magnet Plant can remove his helmet.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Another variant of him, Mecha-Football Zombie, appeared in Far Future, Level 13. The mech was piloted by a Future Zombie, it has Machined Toughness, but low in speed. The mech can push all plants back one tile, and the farthest plant could be bounced off the ground. An E.M.Peach is very useful to weaken this zombie, as it disables him temporarily.
The Football Zombie also returned in this game under the name "All-Star Zombie". He has a Hardened Toughness, and his speed is faster than the first game's counterpart until he tackled a plant, then his speed is reduced to basic. He also can kick Super-Fan Imps to the leftmost columns, causing it to explode and kill a plant. In this iteration, Magnet-shrooms cannot remove his helmet.
The achievement "You're an All-Star?" is earned when the players prevent an All-Star Zombie from tackling a plant.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
He also returned in the Garden Warfare series as one of the playable characters of the Zombies' side. He is one of the toughest characters on the zombie team, having the same amount of health as Super Brainz. All-Star is the heavy hitter of the zombie team, his large health pool and abilities allow him to take a beating a dish it right back. His primary weapon is the Football Canon, a fully automatic machine gun that fires at around 4000 footballs per minute, his Sprint Tackle allows him to finish off weakened opponents or quickly take cover, his Imp Punt is perfect for dealing with groups of plants, and his Dummy Shields provide just enough cover to aid in capturing or defending objectives or in combat.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, he is a playable character of the Defense role on the Zombies' side.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
|“||Gives 110% on the field. Has no idea what a football is.||„|
|~ All-Star Zombie's description.|
All-Star Zombie returned as a Sports Zombie card of Hearty class. He costs 5, with his rarity is Premium - Super Rare. His traits are Frenzy and Armored, with 4 strengths and 6 healths. When attack, he throws a football at a plant.
Plants vs. Zombies 3
The All-Star Zombie returned in this game as one of Ballpark Frank's minions, and his helmet acted similar to the one from the first game. His ability, however, was buffed, as he can kick more Imps than just a Super-Fan Imp.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
He appeared in the comics as one of Dr. Zomboss's henchmen who takes parts of fighting plants.
|“||The Baseball Star was a few vanquishes shy of making the ZLB hall of fame, but was kicked out of the league for eating the Brainz Ball.||„|
|~ Baseball Star's description.|
Baseball Star is a baseball player whose Baseball Cannon has a fast rate of fire and a little higher precision in fighting plants.
|“||The Rugby Star dreams of being permanently stuck in a scrum. It's the closest thing he's found to the smell of Brainz.||„|
|~ Rugby Star's description.|
As a rugby player, the Rugby Star's Rapid Fire Rugby Launcher fires slow but explosive rugby balls at plants.
|“||The Hockey Star has led the ZHL in penalties for the past 3 seasons. You can find him in the penalty box, even between games.||„|
|~ Hockey Star's description.|
Hockey Star masters the use of his weak but fast rate of fire Stinky Glove Launcher.
|“||Although he'll claim otherwise, the Cricket Star doesn't actually know how to play cricket.||„|
|~ Cricket Star's description.|
While the Cricket Star does not know how to play cricket, he knows how to perform fire damage with his Flaming Cricket Blaster.
|“||The Goalie Star always gives his team a chance to win. Even off the ice, he tends to stand in front of fast moving projectiles.||„|
|~ Goalie Star's description.|
With the Ice Puck Cannon, the Goalie Star knows how to chill and freeze his opponents from its projectiles.
|“||His Super-Driving-Sleeper-Lunge move is trademarked and cannot be used, mentioned, or otherwise copied in any way without his express permission.||„|
|~ Wrestling Star's description.|
Wrestling Star is a wrestler whose Piledriver is a slow but high-damaging weapon to deal with his enemies.
|“||The Golf Star showed promise from an early age. Unfortunately, his habit of destroying finely manicured lawns got him booted off the PVGA tour for good.||„|
|~ Golf Star's description.|
Golf Star is a golf player who possesses an excellent precision with his fast-firing Golf Cannon.
|“||The Moto-X Star is dirty, even by the zombies' admittedly low standards. After the incident we shall not speak of, his Dirt Devastator is absolutely not allowed inside of Dr. Zomboss' factory.||„|
|~ Moto-X Star's description.|
Moto-X Star is a Super Rare dirty racer in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. His Dirt Devastator prevents enemies from using their abilities.
|“||Tennis Star is a prodigy of sorts. As a young Zombie, he witnessed Dr. Zomboss lose a fight with a tennis ball machine, and he knew he had to harness such immense and hilarious power for himself. Now he wanders the land, shooting tennis balls at everything he sees, quietly giggling under his breath.||„|
|~ Tennis Star's description.|
Tennis Star is a Rare tennis-themed All-Star variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 that utilizes his fast-firing Double Fault Assault and a faster speed movement.
Blitzers, aka Berserkers, are dark All-Stars who only sprint tackle at enemies they see.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed: All-Star can run faster than most other Flighty speed zombies.
- Durability: Thanks to his helmet, he has a higher durability than a Buckethead Zombie.
- Football Canon: It's a weapon that fires footballs at plants like a machine gun at a rate of 5 footballs per second.
- Imp Punt: He can punt an Imp that explodes after a short while and heavily damages plants around it.
- Long Bomb: He can kick an Imp very high and far which explodes on impact to deal damage to all plants around it.
- Sprint Tackle: He can sprint forward and deal damage to all plants in his path.
- Ultra Tackle: This ability deals more damage to plants in front of him, but it has a longer cooldown.
- Dummy Shield: He can create a shield to protect himself and other zombies around it.
- Shield Decoy: A weaker shield, but he can have up to four of them in reserve instead of two.
- Future Dummy: A shield that is tougher than the dummy shield that once destroyed, deals damage to all plants around it, however he can only carry one at a time.
- Football Toss: In Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, he can throw a football that deals four points of damage against the target in front of him.
- All-Star occasionally says "Oh Yeah" when healed or when succesfully landing a Sprint Tackle.
- He is commonly described as not knowing how to play football, however, in some occasions, he knows how to play it:
- In Zombies on Your Lawn, he claimed that he used to play football.
- In his second game Almanac Entry, he plays football for fifty years.
Specific to his variants
- Wrestling Star and Moto-X Star are the only variants whose primary weapons do not relate to any sporting equipment.
- In Tennis Star's stickerbook, he once witnessed Dr. Zomboss lose a fight against a tennis ball machine.