The Arkham Knight's Militia are the titular main antagonistic faction of Batman: Arkham Knight.
It is an organized paramilitary force led by Scarecrow, the Arkham Knight, and Deathstroke, all of whom sought to take over Gotham City and kill Batman once and for all. They are a literal military unit comprised of expert soldiers and mercenaries with shady pasts.
Prior to the events of Arkham Knight, the Militia were once stationed at a secret training facility somewhere in Venezuela where various mercenaries were gathered. The Arkham Knight had managed to gather and lead a large army of mercenaries from all over the world and used this secret facility to train them for the inevitable attack on Gotham City. Each of the mercenaries all had dark pasts and various backgrounds making the Militia a very sophisticated and well trained organization and were prepared to kill Batman. Eventually, the Militia was given over $3,000,000,000 by Scarecrow and his fellow super-criminals, and were given advanced technology, brand new weapons, optic camouflage suits, new armor and gear, and even various unmanned tank drones, APCs, and aerial drones, and the Militia became allies with Scarecrow's Army.
On the day of Halloween, Scarecrow unleashes a new fear toxin on a Gotham Diner and threatens to unleash it upon all of Gotham. This results in the entire civilian population being evacuated and the Militia to invade and occupy the entire city. The Militia soon assert their dominance by setting up checkpoints, patrols, watchtowers, and send out their drones to scour the city and kill Batman. Eventually, Batman comes face-to-face with the Militia and is able to overcome and devastate them despite their intense training. Militia forces are sent everywhere and eventually, Batman fights the Arkham Knight and is able to beat him. This results in Jason Todd going off the grid, and Scarecrow soon places Deathstroke to be the commander of the Militia, and he takes the position. Eventually however, Batman is able to beat the Militia and has all of the villains and Militia commanders, lieutenants, and remaining soldiers thrown in jail, leaving the organization dissolved at the end.
At the end of the game, the Militia has been fully dissolved as all of the surviving soldiers have been arrested. It is unknown whether or not any other Militia members were able to escape Batman.
Those of American citizenship could well be charged with treason and others with terrorist activities. Also, given the animosity overheard by Batman from Gotham's more standard criminals, their stay in Gotham's jails was likely to be a very unpleasant one on many levels.
- Scarecrow - Benefactor and proxy commander. (formerly)
- The Arkham Knight - Founder and original commander. (formerly)
- Deathstroke - Co-founder, campaign advisor, second-in-command, and current commander.
Throughout the gameplay of Arkham Knight, the Militias have deployed their drones throughout Central Gotham which patrols all three islands. The drones are primarily unmanned and autonomous. Each drones have their own armament and are mostly encountered when Batman rides the Batmobile:
Bases of Operations
- During the main story of Arkham Knight, one of the APC lieutenants nearly got his head crushed by the Batmobile's tires. It's possible that this is one of the factors that lead to the game receiving an M-rating, due to Batman outright torturing the man to gather Intel on the Arkham Knight.
- The Militia share similarities with the TYGER guards which is led by Hugo Strange:
- Both have leaders who knows Batman's secret identity.
- Both are equipped with the latest military technology.
- However, unlike the TYGER guards, the Militias are not influenced by their leaders via mind control or hypnotism but rather through charisma. The TYGER guards are also more professional than the Militias, as they will never get terrified even if nearly all units are eliminated.