Arturo Braga, also known as Ramon Campos, is a recurring antagonist in The Fast and the Furious franchise. He is the main antagonist in Fast & Furious, and appears as a supporting antagonist in Fast & Furious 6. He is a drug trafficker and the head of one of Mexico's biggest cartels known for running heroin across the Mexico-US border. He is also a friend and associate of Owen Shaw.
He was portrayed by John Ortiz.
Fast & Furious
Braga is first seen when Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Conner are trying to secure a spot in Braga's driving team. Dom wins and joins Braga's team to race heroin into Mexico. After one of his drivers is arrested Brian joins his team.
Brian and Dom never knew the identity of Braga while they were working for him until they discover that Ramon Campos is actually Braga but he escapes to Mexico before they can apprehend him. He is later recaptured by Brian and Dom as they race back to the U.S via the tunnels. Brian's car crashes and he and Brian survive. His henchmen Fenix Calderon (who apparently murdered Letty Ortiz) is killed by Dominic. Braga is sentenced to life in prison.
Fast & Furious 6
It was revealed that Braga was working with Owen Shaw. Brian is smuggled into prison and asks Braga about Letty. He reveals that Letty survived the crash and explosion but suffered from memory loss. He sent Owen to finish the job but, because Letty had no memory, Owen recruited her. Braga and his men later attacked Brian but he managed to subdue them, with Brian stabbing Braga with a shank after.
- Dominic Toretto's crew
- Dominic Toretto
- Brian O'Conner
- Mia Toretto
- Letty Ortiz - Indirect Alleged Victim (survived)
- Gisele Yashar † - Former Associate and Attempted Victim
- Michael Stasiak
- Sophie Trinh
- Braga is one of the three recurring antagonists in the franchise, alongside Deckard Shaw and Owen Shaw. Coincidentally, they were all the main antagonist of the movies they first appeared in, but both Deckard and Owen redeemed themselves whereas Braga did not.
- The original end of Fast 7 featured a post-credits scene where a team consisting of Johnny Tran, Carter Verone, Arturo Braga, Zizi and Deckard Shaw reunite to go after Dominic and Brian, but was rewritten due to the death of Paul Walker.
- Braga is the first antagonist to appear in more than one film in the franchise.