|Darth Vader finds your lack of faith in this page's infobox disturbing, as many, if not all sections in this infobox have been left empty.|
Help improve this article by updating and expanding the infobox.
|Jafar says: Read my lips and come to grips with the reality!|
|“||It's all in the Book of Divine Prophecy, chapter 84, section 3. "Beckoned by destruction and corruption, the Aurum are born from and return to nothing. They travel across the galaxy to swallow up the heavens, land, and seas."||„|
|~ Pyrrhon describing the Aurum.|
The Aurum are the third organization that Pit encounters in the video game Kid Icarus Uprising. They are a group of alien robots that are attracted to battle. They made their first appearance in the fifteenth chapter of the game.
While the humans, the Underworld Army, and the Forces of Nature were at war, the Aurum appeared out of nowhere and began to attack the Earth. They were created from nothing and seek only to conquer various worlds and harvest their resources and life forms to improve themselves with each conquest. This led to the Forces of Nature, and the Underworld Army to temporary team up with Pit to save the world from the invaders, Eventually, Pyrrhon showed up and help them defeat the Aurum.
Confronting the Aurum
While the others were fighting the Aurum army, Pit fought his way in and destroys the Aurum Core. However, as the other deities and Pit fall back, Pyrrhon remained in the battlefield to hold off the reinforcement fleet. With the gods setting up a temporary truce to deal with the invaders, Pit heads to the Aurum Hive to destroy its generator. Eventually, Pit manages to destroy the Aurum Generator, which caused the entire battle station implode on itself. By that time, the Aurum have managed to capture many of Hades' and Viridi's forces and created Aurum copies of them.
Eventually, Pit manages to reach the Aurum Brain. He attempted to destroy it, but during the fight, Pyrrhon betrays the others and fused with the Aurum Brain to obtain its power for his own agenda. As a result, the Aurum gained more power, as Pyrrhon uses them to attack the other gods. However, the Aurum Brain soon takes control of Pyrrhon's mind. After Pit defeated the Aurum Pyrrhon, Pyrrhon uses the last of his power to jettison the remaining Aurum Hive to the other side of the galaxy. What happened to the Aurum is currently unknown.
It was because of how tired everyone was after the Aurum invasion that allowed the Chaos Kin to take control of Palutena.
- The Aurum were inspired by, if not being an outright copy of, the Aparoids from Star Fox: Assault.
- Both of their plans involve assimilating life in galaxies.
- They have been compared to insects and have a hive. At one point, Pit worries there may be an Aurum Queen, a reference to the Aparoid Queen.
- During the sixteenth chapter, Hades crashes a battleship he hijacked into the hive, allowing Pit to enter through it to get past the shield. This is similar to when Peppy Hare crashed the Great Fox into the shield of the Aparoid Homeworld, allowing Star Fox to enter.
- Similar to the Aparoid Queen, the Aurum Brain controls every Aurum unit as well as has the ability to create them.
- The Aurum Brain possesses Pyrrhon and speaks through him, similar to what happened to Pigma Dengar.