|“||You truly are an old model aren't you? You can't change the world with that thinking.||„|
|~ Avalanche Yeti to Zero.|
Avalanche Yeti, originally called Ice-Snow Yetinger, is a minor antagonist in Mega Man X8 who appears as one of the Mavericks fought as major bosses in that game. He is a New Generation Reploid who originally worked for environmental research, but after going Maverick, he decided to make the world inhabitable for humans by endangering the global ecosystem in attempt to weed them out of existence. Ice-Snow makes his lair in the Central White stage.
His weapon, the Drift Diamond, allows him and others who wield it launch freezing diamonds forwards. Burn Kokekokker is weak to this weapon. Ice-Snow himself is weak to the Thunder Dancer, which can fry his circuits, interrupting his attack pattern.
He is voiced by Dave Pettitt.
Avalanche Yeti was a pessimistic Reploid after he saw the environment deteriorate. Despite this, Yeti doesn't engage himself in violent conflict unless necessary but always stood firm in his beliefs. Avalanche always looked down on anyone who didn't agree with them and considered them as inferior to him.
Ice-Snow Yetinger resembles a yeti who wears a white hat with a red ridge on top, white armour with vents and tubes, purple gloves, and white boots with red hexagonal markings near the heel and a purple coloration near the toe and a turquoise marking where the laces on a sneaker would be. His face has an orange conical projection that resembles the nose of a snowman.
Ice-Snow Yetinger wields Drift Diamonds. These crystals
Avalanche Yeti was once an environmental research facility overseer named Ice-Snow Yetinger who had grown bitter and unhappy as he watched the environment deteriorate. After experiencing "enlightenment", he decided to go Maverick and planned to wipe humanity by destabilizing the global ecosystem in order to usher in the new generation reploids under Sigma's empire. The Maverick Hunters pursued him and defeated him in order to prevent his plans from going further.
Ice-Snow Yetinger uses ice-based attacks for his fight. He uses the following attacks:
- Drift Diamond: Not quite the same way that X uses his version (which just fires two frigid ice bullets forwards), but Ice-Snow surrounds his body with freezing diamonds and charges at X twice.
- Ice Gatling: Ice-Snow fires ice shards as bullets from his hands.
- Ice Dragon Rise: Ice-Snow buries his body in snow, burrows beneath X, and tries to hit him from below with an uppercut.
- Charge: Ice-Snow charges at X. This attack will knock him off the wall if Ice-Snow strikes it.
- Snow Crampons: Upon losing half his health, Ice-Snow will launch a flurry of snowflakes from his back. These fall down for the rest of the fight.
- Ice-Snow Yetinger: I will not let you get in our way!
- X: Avalanche Yeti! What do you think you're doing?
- Ice-Snow Yetinger: You old model Reploids have no business here. Get out of here, X!
- X: No way! If we don't repair this system, the world's ecological balance is at risk! You're a Maverick!
- Ice-Snow Yetinger: Zero, even if you refuse to understand our ideal, at least just leave us be.
- Roll: (playing along) Hmpf. I could never understand the ideals of Maverick slime!
- Ice-Snow Yetinger: You truly are an old model, aren't you? You can't change the world with that thinking.
- Roll: Change the world? With destruction? Leave it to a Maverick to come up with that.
- Ice-Snow Yetinger: So you are the prototype who can shape-shift?
- Axl: If we turn Maverick this easily, I can't say I'm happy to be your prototype.
- Ice-Snow Yetinger: Strong words for someone as lowly as a Maverick Hunter.
- Axl: Who you callin' low? You're trying to destroy the world, not me!
- Attack Shouts:
- Drift Diamond: Drift Diamond!
- Drift Diamond freezes X: Weak!
- Ice Gatling: Fuun!
- Ice Dragon Rise: Hyouryuushou!
- Snow Crampons (Overdrive Attack): Cool off! (In Japanese, the line was "Pathetic!)
- Drift Diamond: Drift Diamond!
- Hurt Cries:
- Hit With Thunder Dancer: Arrrgh!
- Defeat: Incredible! (In Japanese, the line was "It's incredible!")
- Ice-Snow Yetinger is one of the few bosses to be based on a mythical creature. In his case, it's the yeti.
- Ice-Snow Yetinger's design resembles Frost Man.