|~ Balloon Boy calling out for someone.|
|~ Balloon Boy greeting the player.|
Balloon Boy, also known as either the Balloon Vendor or BB for short, is a supporting antagonist in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, appearing as a major antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, a posthumous character in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, a minor antagonist in Ultimate Custom Night and a posthumous antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted and Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery. In Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, he has two skins known as Swamp Balloon Boy and Frostbite Balloon Boy.
Balloon Boy is a human-like animatronic with a round body, peach-colored skin, large blue eyes, a triangular brown nose, reddish-brown hair, and a toothy grin. Like the "Toy" animatronics, he has rosy red, blushed cheeks. Balloon Boy is notably the smallest animatronic in the series. He wears a red and blue vertically-striped shirt with two white buttons down the middle. The propeller beanie he wears also bears the same pattern. He wears blue pants and simple, brown shoes. In his right hand, he holds a red and yellow striped balloon, and in his left hand, he holds a sign that reads "Balloons!".
As Swamp Balloon Boy, Balloon Boy's appearance changes to that of a figure made out of mud and covered in plant life. In addition, his eyes only hold empty pits, his mouth bleeding out into small cuts in the side while also having small teeth, and his sign now simply reading "ROT".
As Frostbite Balloon Boy, Balloon Boy's appearance changes to a small humanoid made out of snow. With no eyes and a large, toothy grin, Balloon Boy also carries an oversized snowy mace and a sign that reads "Avalanche!" made out of ice, while its entire body (with a notable section near the lower-right torso showing only it) and mace is covered in large icicles.
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Balloon Boy will not begin moving until Night 2. He starts in the Game Area and will eventually come to The Office via the The Left Air Vent. With each of his movements, the player can hear him saying "Hello", "Hi", or simply giggling. BB will not show up on any cameras except the Game Area and the Left Air Vent, keeping his path of approach hidden.
He will not enter the Office if the player puts on the Freddy Fazbear Mask on while he is in the Left Air Vent's blind spot. If the Monitor is pulled up while Balloon Boy is in the Left Air Vent's blind spot, he enters The Office, laughing constantly. Once inside, he disables the Flashlight and the Left and the Right Air Vent's blind spot lights. This leaves the player susceptible to being attacked by Foxy, as well as being unable to check each vent's blind spot for other animatronics. Once inside The Office, BB will not leave until the night ends, should the player survive.
It is hinted that Balloon Boy is possessed.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Thirty-three years after the Five Nights at Freddy's 2 location has closed down, Balloon Boy is now only a head. His remains (And everything else) is burned down, destroying his body and freeing the spirit.
'Five Night's at Freddy's: Ultimate Custom Night
Balloon Boy returns in the game 'Five Night's at Freddy's: Ultimate Custom Night. He behaves somewhat similarly to his Five Nights at Freddy's 2 incarnation. He will attempt to reach the player via crawling through the bottom-right ventilation shaft of the office. The player must then close the door of said vent shaft until they hear Balloon Boy collide into the door producing an audible thud noise. If the player fails to do this however, Balloon Boy will successfully enter the office and, like in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, will laugh maniacally whilst disabling the player's flash light. The difference however is that unlike in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, the flashlight will only be disabled temporarily, preventing a guaranteed game over.
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
Balloon Boy appears in the Five Nights at Freddy's minigame section. Just like in the second game, he will disable the lights when he enters in the office.
Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery
Balloon Boy appears in the AR game Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery as one as the animatronics the player can encounter and send after other players. Here, he can actually kill the player as well. Balloon Boy is an uncommon animatronic to encounter. He will walk around the player, laughing, saying "Hi," and "Hello?" and making balloon deflating sounds. His main difference from other animatronics comes from his height, being significantly shorter than the other animatronics, forcing the player to look down to spot him. The player must locate his static to find him. When he haywires, the player must quickly look away to avoid a jumpscare. He will fake charge the player on occasion, staying invisible. If he materializes during a charge, the player must shock him to avoid a jumpscare.
As for alternate skins, Balloon Boy currently has two, that being the Swamp Balloon Boy and Frostbite Balloon Boy costumes.
- Balloon Boy's hallucinated counterpart in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is Phantom Balloon Boy.
- Balloon Boy is often considered to be the most hated Five Night's at Freddy's character due to his annoying presence.
- Balloon Boy appears in the fan game Five Nights at F--kboy's as the main antagonist.
- Although Balloon Boy is often a nuisance, he is not aggressive, and is the only animatronic who does not directly attack the player. Thus, he is the only animatronic without a jumpscare prior to Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery.
- When he is in the Left Air Vent, the balloon and sign he holds disappear. He appears to somehow retrieve them when he comes into The Office.
- Balloon Boy is one out of two Toy animatronics whose endoskeleton eyes never show, with the other being Toy Bonnie.
- Out of all the animatronics, Balloon Boy can stay in the player's office the longest.
- It is possible that Balloon Boy's constant giggling and talking lures the newer animatronics into The Office, since Phone Guy mentions that they are attracted by noise and move toward where the people are.
- Balloon Boy is the only animatronic who does not appear in the Death Minigames.
- Strangely, an animatronic resembling Balloon Boy can go under The Office table on occasion. However, its eyes, eyelids, cheeks, and hat are a different color. This is thought to be a hallucination, or a different animatronic all together. Fans has graced this animatronic, whom they interpret to be a female version of Balloon Boy, with the nickname Balloon Girl or JJ.
- JJ then became a character of her own, showing up in both FNAF World and Five Night's at Freddy's: Ultimate Custom Night, where at the latter she will cause the doors to stop working.
- Balloon Boy is one of four animatronics who do not appear in the hallway before entering the Office, with the others being Toy Bonnie, The Puppet (although can be seen via hallucinations), and Chica.
- Balloon Boy's figurine (obtained by beating Night 7's Night of Misfit' preset) shows him with a round, red nose that reaches his eyes, instead of his small, triangular nose.
- When Balloon Boy is in The Office, while Bonnie, Chica, Toy Freddy, or Freddy is in The Office at the same time, he cannot be seen but his laugh can be heard.
- Balloon Boy is one of only two animatronics to be featured as an unlockable figurine (as opposed to a plushie) that is rewarded to the player after completing a specific Custom Night preset, the other being Toy Bonnie.
- Just like the other toy animatronics, Balloon Boy was scrapped at the end of Night 6 due to possible malfunctioning.
- Circus Baby, the Bidybabs, Electrobab, and Little Joe (the toy hanging in the control room of Baby's stage) have a resemblance to Balloon Boy.
- Balloon Boy was the last character in the base roster for Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery to receive a skin, only receiving his first costume (Swamp Balloon Boy) on November 25th, 2020.