This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||Don't imagine for one second that I just blundered in here out of the rain.||„|
|~ Bill Cox to Jack Stanfield|
Bill Cox is the main antagonist in the 2006 thriller film Firewall.
He holds the family of wealthy banker Jack Stanfield hostage, forcing Jack to give in to his demands for much of the film. His request is to force Jack to transfer $10,000 each from the ten thousand largest depositors at the bank he works at (essentially, $100 million total). He kills two of his own henchmen for not following orders, and nearly kills Andy by giving him a peanut cookie which he is allergic to in retaliation for the Stanfield's attempted failed escape. Cox has Jack put in a virus disc with a planted message from Jack to his boss into his computer, which completely crashes the entire bank and frames Jack as the culprit.
Once Jack is of no further use to him, he abducts his family, intending to kill them and leaves one of his henchmen at the house behind to kill Jack and even goes so far as to framing Jack for the murder of his co-worker, Harry, by forcing Jack's wife, Beth, to plant a message saying that she was leaving Jack, in which Jack would kill him over a jealous rage and had also planted a $95,000 gamble wager early on in the film which Jack would be use as his motive for robbing the bank. Instead, Jack kills the henchman with a glass blender and with the help of his secretary, locates Cox and his remaining henchmen through a chip in his dog's collar (who was taken along with his family).
Jack finds Cox in an old abandoned lakeside house where Cox was intending to erase all traces of his actions by killing Jack's family, despite Jack already having recovered the money and making a deal with Cox to meet at the bank where he recovered the money. Jack takes Cox by surprise, and they fight. Eventually, Jack grabs a pickax lying near the front of the house and swings it over his head, the blade burying itself deep within Cox's back, killing him.
Cox is a scheming con man. Although he generally seems like a nice man for the most part, he is a cold-hearted, sadistic, psychopathic and emotionless villain who stops at nothing to get what he wants. He is also extremely intelligent and able to adapt to all situations and anticipate negative ones, like the attempted escape of Jack's family. Furthermore, his ultimate goal is to commit the perfect crime (erasing all traces of evidence that linked him to the robbery) and make it look as though he never existed. Cox is very intolerant of failure, seen as he killed one of his men just for being distracted a moment, putting his plan at risk.
- Enhanced Senses: Bill has extremely accurate senses, allowing him to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel better than an average human.
- Peak Human Condition: Bill has really good bodily functions such as his strength, speed, stamina, senses, agility, reflexes, accuracy, longevity, durability, intelligence, healing time, flexibility and combat skills.
- Deception Intuition: Bill possesses an incredible innate understanding and skill of how to deceive, influence and manipulate others.
- Con Artistry: Bill Cox is a master of scamming anyone out of their money, belongings or anything else they may want from them. Bill Cox can achieve scams through many means such as lying, trickery, illusions, etc.
- Firewall and The Da Vinci Code, both of which Paul Bettany starred in, came out in 2006.