|Dr. Wily has declared that this article is still under construction.|
Please don't delete or edit this article yet, it may contrast with the original author's edits.
After I finish this article, the world will be mine! MWAHAHAHAHA!
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||WOOO! Who's having a good time? I know you are.||„|
|~ Roman Sionis enjoys Black Canary's song|
|“||Friends. Brothers. Men of Gotham! I have funded you. I've protected you. I have scratched your backs just to keep you out jail. Now, it's time to say thank you. Go show those little bitches you don't mess with Roman Sionis!!!||„|
|~ Black Mask giving a speech to his followers.|
Roman Sionis (better known under the alias Black Mask) is the main antagonist of the 2020 DC Extended Universe film Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn).
He is a powerful Gotham City crime lord who serves as the owner of his night club, Black Mask Club, as well as being the boss of Victor Zsasz.
He is also The Joker's rival in the underworld of Gotham. When Black Mask places a hit on Cassandra Cain, all Gothamites who work for him start looking for her, leading Harley Quinn and her henchwomen, the Birds of Prey to come to Cassandra's help (because Cassandra herself is one of Harley's minions) and do everything possible to bring down Sionis and his organization.
Roman Sionis was first seen in the movie at his club where he tries to convince a Chinese mob boss to join his criminal empire only to be shut down then he draw the attention to Harley Quinn who just broke his personal driver and bodyguard legs he ask her if she is having a good time and if her boyfriend will be joining them tonight, she says that Joker has some business to take care and she will leaving soon. Before leaving he says to her that he send his regards the only reason that Black Mask is nice to Harley its because he fears the Joker and as long Harley is the girlfriend of Joker nobody would dare to harm her unknown to him and everybody in Gotham The Joker and Harley broke up.
Next day he watch Dinah Lance (Black Canary) the singer of his club defending a unconsius Harley from two rapist he saw all from his wealty apartment wich was upstairs of his club he was so impressive of Dinah fighting skills that he decide to promote her to be his new personal bodyguard and driver so he send his right hand men Victor Zsasz to pick her up and tell her the news.
That same day he goes to a warehouse where he have captive the chinese mob boss and his wife and daughter angry because they reject the offer of black mask of join him he decide to send a message to all criminals in Gotham who dont work for him of what could happen if they refuse join him so he order zsazs to brutally murder the mob boss kill slow and painful the wife and kill without pain the daughter after this he goes to outside the warehouse and order Dinah to driven him to his club.
He was killed when Cass plants a grenade.
- Black Mask is, so far, not only one of the few characters in the DC Extended Universe to be LGBT, but the first incarnation of Black Mask to be so. In the mainstream comic book continuity, Black Mask has always been depicted as straight.
- Unlike recent DCEU antagonists, Ewan McGregor's performance as Black Mask was praised by film critics, much like Margot Robbie’s reprisal as Harley Quinn.
- A reference to Black Mask was previously seen in Justice League, as a building of Janus Cosmetics can be seen as part of Gotham City's skyline.
- This is the first live-action appearance of Roman Sionis, and the second live-action appearance of someone using the Black Mask identity. Black Mask had appeared in the first season of Gotham, although the identity of the character was Roman's father, Richard Sionis.
- Roman is the first main antagonist in a DC Extended Universe film to not have any superpowers or cosmic abilities. Additionally, his motives are much lower scale compared to previous main villains as he only wants to rule Gotham City.