This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
- NOTE: This article is only for the original comics version of Black Noir. To see the article for the TV show's version of him, go to Black Noir (TV Series).
|“||Black Noir: HHEEEENNNNHH. HEEEENNNNHH. I DID THINGS.
Homelander: You... You're...
Black Noir: I PUT YOUR SILLY SUIT ON AND I DID THINGS.
|~ Black Noir revealing himself to Homelander and Billy Butcher.|
Black Noir is the main antagonist of the 2006 adult comic series The Boys. He is a clone of the Homelander that was created by the Nazis and Vought-American to keep an eye on Homelander to make sure that he did not go insane, and to kill him if he did. However, years of treating his target like a friend made him go insane and commit various atrocities while dressed as Homelander to manipulate Vought into giving him the order to kill Homelander and take his place. His actions also fueled Billy Butcher's hatred and vendetta against Homelander (after Noir raped Butcher's wife Becky disguised as Homelander) and sparked the feud between the Seven and Boys.
While The Seven are a corrupt group of false heroes, they (for the most part) possess at least basic morals. Black Noir is the exception, being an unfeeling and soulless monster.
Black Noir is the clone of The Homelander, and was created by Vought-American with refined Compound-V. Vought created him as a contingency plan in order to ensure that Homelander never oversteps his bounds, and kill him if he does. Black Noir then became a major member of the Seven, with no one on the team knowing who he was, or where he came from. He had several enemies, such as Coagula, Sexface, and an unnamed naked girl who is a spoof of Poison Ivy.
Eventually, Black Noir went insane due to not being able to complete the mission, and being forced to reside and interact with his target. Black Noir decided to wear the Homelander's costume, and commit vast atrocities, such as cannibalizing children, murdering women, and during it all, he raped Billy Butcher's wife, Becky.
Black Noir is first seen being involved in Homelander's sexual assault of Starlight, and later showed no reaction when Starlight had to sexually perform on him as part of her "test." He doesn't appear or speak a lot due to the fact that he was mute for the majority of the comic. However, he managed to find Hughie at some point and was responsible for sexually assaulting him in a sewer. Later on, Black Noir was stopped by Queen Maeve from forcing Starlight to wear her new and revealing costume.
He was also revealed to be responsible for the rape and death of Butcher's wife, explaining that he disguised himself as Homelander due to him going crazy because he wasn't able to complete his goal. In addition, Black Noir sent the Boys photos of him committing the atrocities to incriminate Homelander, and give Vought-American to kill him. Homelander tries killing Black Noir but ends up failing as Black Noir kills him by breaking his jaw and opening his face. He was later brutally shot to death by the Military and The Butcher, and killed when Billy ripped a chunk of his brain out after ripping his skull with his crowbar.
Prior to the big twist by the end of the comic series, Black Noir was rather stoic and socially withdrawn from his teammates making him mysterious in nature. However, his true self is that of an irredeemable psychopath, given his ungodly and numerous atrocities that even horrified Homelander whom he drove insane over the course of the comic. He's a sexual deviant as well, as he raped Bill Butcher's wife, Becky and participated in the sexual assault of Starlight as well as attempting to force her to wear an over-the-top lingerie as her new outfit. He also sexually assaulted and presumably raped Hughie while taunting him, establishing him as a perverted sadist by nature. He also committed mass murder alongside his teammates with no questions asked or hesitation out of sneer sadism.
- Main article: Black Noir (TV Series)
- He is a villainous homage to Batman.
- His costume design also brings to mind Snake Eyes.
- He may also be an homage of Deadpool in the series as they both share the same weaponry and costume resemblance. He also shares several character traits, including being as if not even more insane.
- On a side note, somewhat ironically, Deadpool is extremely talkative while Black Noir is the complete opposite, and Noir's actions were taken much more seriously than Deadpool's (and Deadpool, despite being a villain, has strong, anti-villain/anti-hero qualities whereas Black Noir lacks any redeeming qualities on top of possibly being even more unhinged).
- He is also an homage of Bizarro, Superboy, Cyborg Superman, and Superman Zero, all of whom were clones of Superman, like how Black Noir is a clone of Homelander, though Black Noir's heinousness exceeds those of Bizarro, Superman Zero and Cyborg Superman (not counting his original counterpart).
- He appeared in a bonus episode of DEATH BATTLE, as a guest commentator and is there to intimidate Wiz and Boomstick. He strangles Wiz for suggesting Vought is lying about Homelander being a hero.
- Noir means "black" in French, which means his name is literally Black Black, making it a tautology.