- NOTE: This article is only for the original comics version of Black Noir. To see the article for the TV show's version of him, go to Black Noir (TV Series).
HHEEENNNHH. So much more than THAT. So many things they'll NEVER know. Lovely things I liked so MUCH. So lovely so SCARY. But had to keep doing them. Had to get ready for the BIG one.Black Noir speaking of the atrocities he committed.
Black Noir is the main antagonist of the 2006 controversial comic book series The Boys. He is a clone of the Homelander that was created by Vought-American to keep an eye on Homelander to make sure that he did not go insane, and to kill him if he did. However, years of treating his target like a friend made him go insane and commit various atrocities while dressed as Homelander to manipulate Vought into giving him the order to kill Homelander and take his place. His actions also fueled Billy Butcher's hatred and vendetta against Homelander (after Noir raped Butcher's wife Becky disguised as Homelander) and sparked the conflict between The Seven and The Boys.
While the Seven are a corrupt group of false heroes, they (for the most part) possess at least basic morals. Black Noir is the exception, being an unfeeling and soulless monster.
Black Noir is the clone of The Homelander, and was created by Vought-American with refined Compound-V. Vought created him as a contingency plan in order to ensure that Homelander never oversteps his bounds, and kill him if he does. Black Noir then became a major member of the Seven, with no one on the team knowing who he was, or where he came from. He had several enemies, such as Coagula, Sexface, and an unnamed naked girl who is a spoof of Poison Ivy.
Eventually, Black Noir went insane due to not being able to complete the mission, and being forced to reside and interact with his target. Black Noir decided to wear the Homelander's costume, and commit vast atrocities, such as cannibalizing children, murdering women, and during it all, he raped Billy Butcher's wife, Becky, which then led to her own death.
Black Noir is first seen being involved in Homelander's sexual assault of Starlight, and later showed no reaction when Starlight had to sexually perform on him as part of her "test." He doesn't appear or speak a lot due to the fact that he was mute for the majority of the comic. However, he managed to find Hughie at some point and was responsible for sexually assaulting him in a sewer. Later on, Black Noir was stopped by Queen Maeve from forcing Starlight to wear her new and revealing costume.
He was also revealed to be responsible for the rape and death of Butcher's wife, explaining that he disguised himself as Homelander due to him going crazy because he wasn't able to complete his goal. In addition, Black Noir sent the Boys photos of him committing the atrocities to incriminate Homelander, and get Vought-American to kill him. Homelander then tries to kill Black Noir in a rage but ends up failing as Black Noir kills him by breaking his jaw and opening his face. He was later brutally shot to death by the Military and The Butcher, and killed when Billy ripped a chunk of his brain out after ripping his skull with his crowbar.
Prior to the big twist by the end of the comic series, Black Noir was rather stoic and socially withdrawn from his teammates making him mysterious in nature. However, his true self is that of an irredeemable individual, given his ungodly and numerous atrocities that even horrified Homelander whom he drove insane over the course of the comic. He's a sexual deviant as well, as he raped Bill Butcher's wife, Becky and participated in the sexual assault of Starlight as well as attempting to force her to wear an over-the-top lingerie as her new outfit. He also sexually assaulted and presumably raped Hughie while taunting him, establishing him as a perverted sadist by nature. He also committed mass murder alongside his teammates with no questions asked or hesitation out of sneer sadism.
Good soldier. Good soldier.Black Noir while sexually assaulting Hughie.
HHEEEENNNNHH. I TOOK them. Click click. Click click. I TOOK them.Black Noir to Homelander, revealing he took the pictures.
Told me to KILL you. But they wouldn't let me do it, wouldn't say do it, wouldn't SAY.Black Noir to Homelander, on why he did it.
So lonely. So scared. So excited. For so LONG. Got the little people. Got your silly suit. Got my CAMERA. Then I got my pictures. But it's SCARY. So big. So SCARY. Keep my pictures. Keep them. Then we hear about HIM. Send him pictures He knows what to do. HEEEENNNNHH.Black Noir.
HHEEENNNHHHH. HHEEENNNHHHH. (after getting brutally shot by multiple guns) HHEENNNHHH. HHEENNNHHH. HEE-- (notices Butcher)Black Noir's last words.
- Black Noir is a villainous homage to Batman.
- Black Noir may also be an homage of Deadpool in the series as they both share the same weaponry and costume resemblance. He also shares several character traits, including being as if not even more insane.
- On a side note, somewhat ironically, Deadpool is extremely talkative while Black Noir is the complete opposite, and Noir's actions were taken much more seriously than Deadpool's (and Deadpool, despite being a villain, has strong, anti-villain/anti-hero qualities whereas Black Noir lacks any redeeming qualities on top of possibly being even more unhinged).
- Black Noir is also an homage of Bizarro, Superboy, Cyborg Superman, and Superman Zero, all of whom were clones of Superman, like how Black Noir is a clone of Homelander, though Black Noir's heinousness exceeds those of Bizarro, Superman Zero and Cyborg Superman (not counting his original counterpart).
- Black Noir may also be homage to the Batman from Superman Speeding Bullets, where Batman and Superman are the same character just as how Black Noir is a Batman figure with Superman-based powers.
- Black Noir appeared in a bonus episode of DEATH BATTLE! as a guest commentator to intimidate Wiz and Boomstick.
- Noir means "black" in French, which means his name is literally Black Black, making it a tautology.