Both the Blizzard Lord and Volcanic Lord appear to be rotund beings, each wielding a magic scepter and sorcerer garments. Their true appearance is that of a lanky body. Both have the Heartless emblem on their belt buckle.
The Blizzard Lord's dark-colored and almost entirely enveloped in an almost transparent, blue, icy shell that makes it appear much heavier. Its black head is only exposed, revealing a pair of yellow eyes. The top of its head is decorated by ice crystals. It wears a flowing, light blue cape that attaches to a thick, black and light blue-striped collar, secured by a red gemstone. It also wears silver bracelets and a thick, gold necklace. Its lower body is covered by baggy, black pants with blue, zig-zagging patterns decorating the legs. Its feet are light blue and very small. The Blizzard Lord also wears a thick, silver belt decorated by four red gems and the Heartless symbol in its center.
The Volcanic Lord is similar in appearance, only that its translucent body is a light red-orange coloration. Its "crown" bears a resemblance to a flame tongue. Its cape appears more worn down in comparison to the Blizzard Lord's more tidy cape. The Volcanic Lord's collar is red and maroon, while secured by a green gemstone. The zigzag pattern decorated on the Volcanic Lord's belt runs in a vertical path.
When Sora and his friends were chasing down Pete in Agrabah, they found out that he was searching for Jafar's magic lamp. They managed to catch up to him at the Palace Gates. In desperation to escape and to acquire the Lamp, Pete summoned two Emblem Heartless known as the Blizzard Lord and the Volcanic Lord and sent them to attack Sora and his friends. The two elemental Heartless attack Sora and his friends with fire and ice based attacks. The two Heartless however, were quickly defeated by Sora and his friends. Without his prize, Pete retreated while shouting threats against them.
Despite the two Heartless being defeated, both of them later appear while Sora and his friends were attending the Hades Paradox Cup.
Powers and Abilities
The Blizzard Lord is a Heartless that can generate ice-based attacks. It can attack with it's staff, can generate ice crystals, blow ice from anywhere, and even freeze it's enemies.
The Volcanic Lord is a Heartless that can generate fire-based attacks. It can attack with it's staff, can generate fire balls, leap around and create firespots on the ground, and even burn it's enemies.
- The Blizzard and Volcanic Lords are very similar to Kotake and Koume from the Legend of Zelda series.
- Both Koume and the Volcanic Lord wield fire, while Kotake and the Blizzard Lord wield ice.
- Both teams partner with each other to fight the main protagonist.
- Both teams fight the protagonist in a desert-like level.
- Both teams serve an antagonist.
- The Blizzard and Volcanic Lords have many distinct traits that make them stand out to the other Heartless bosses encountered in Kingdom Hearts II :
- Both are fought together during the game's main story.
- Both were created without the use of creating the darkness of a being's heart.
- Both can be fought again (during the Hades Paradox Cup), although separate.