|“||I'll drop you like a ton of bricks!||„|
|~ Block Man|
Block Man is a Robot Master from the game Mega Man 11: Gears of Fate. Bearing the serial number DWN-081, he managed exterior construction, creating blocks to do the job.
Block Man is quite energetic, but can have a bit of a temper. His goal is to build a giant building that surpasses all others in the world. Pile Man, or Impact Man as he prefers to be called, is a friend to Block Man, considering they are both construction robots. After his reprogramming thanks to Dr. Wily, Block Man received an ego that was reported to be pyramid-sized. Strangers talking back to Block Man seems to make him angry, as seen during his encounter with Doctor Wily before his conversion into a villainous Robot Master. His bio indicates that his workers have to keep up with construction projects, and if they slack off, Block Man will get angry.
Block Man has a rotund, cylindrical body. He has a grey and turquoise coloration, his design slightly resembling a castle turret.
Block Man can summon blocks, sometimes dropping them down as meteors for his special weapon, called the Block Drop.
Block Man is first scene during the game's intro, where he gets his annual maintenance from Doctor Light. Suddenly, Doctor Wily barges into the lab with his vehicle, threatening to take Doctor Light's Robot Masters, including Block Man himself. This enrages Block Man.
Mega Man later encounters Block Man haunting some temple corridors and defeats him, getting his hands on the Block Drop. He then finds a copy of Block Man within Wily's Gear Fortress.
Block Man has three phases to his battle, more than his brethren.
Block Man's first phase is the simplest phase. During this phase, Block Man uses his block-summoning powers to perform the Block Dropper attack, forming blocks high and then making them rain down as meteors.
After you drop his health below half, Block Man activates his Power Gear, fusing with several blocks in his vicinity. This morphs Block Man into a giant golem-like monster. His attack pattern during his phase has him slam the ground with his hands or drag them along the ground, throwing debris. He takes damage if you shoot his chest, which has a panel that glows red.
After you damage his chest, Block Man loses control over his golem body, causing him to collapse and reenter his normal, rotund, short form. He then backs up into a corner and throws a barrage of block-meteors in your direction. In hard mode, Block Man will change sides at random time intervals.
- Block Man uses the line, "You blockhead!" for his death cry. This was actually an iconic line that Lucy from Peanuts used for her most common insults.
- Block Man's weakness to the Chain Blast references how bombs are excellent demolition tools.
- The way Acid Man takes more damage from the Block Dropper is an allusion to bricks being largely acid-resistant.
- Block Man is the only Robot Master from Mega Man 11: Gears of Fate to have three phases rather than the standard two, and the second highest amount of phases in the entire game, being beaten by Dr. Wily's four.
- He is also the only Robot Master within the game whose gear activates just once.