|“||Bluebird Azurite, at your service!||„|
|~ Bluebird's introduction.|
|“||An era ago, there were two Gems, celebrated for taking down Homeworld's greatest traitor. But then they were cast out, forgotten, when the traitor duped all of Homeworld into loving him instead. Now, they've come to Earth for their revenge! And forever shall he rue the names: Aquamarine and Ruby!||„|
|~ Bluebird's vendetta.|
Bluebird Azurite, or just known as Bluebird for short, is a major antagonist in the 2019 limited series Steven Universe Future, appearing as the titular main antagonist of the 5th episode "Bluebird". She is a fusion of the two gems Aquamarine and Eyeball Ruby, who is bent on getting revenge on Steven Universe and his arch-nemesis.
She is voiced by Larissa Gallagher.
Bluebird Azurite is a small and diminutive Gem fusion, having predominantly blue skin with splotches of red and teal, red short hair in a bowl cut, and four legs. She wears a collared shirt divided into blue and red and blue, a dark navy tie with color matching pants and pale red boots. Her water wings (a trait shared with her fusion component Aquamarine) are more stylized slightly resembling pixie wings. Bluebird's gemstones are located in her left eye and in her left cheek, respectively.
She came to Steven in the episode "Bluebird", and attempted to trick Steven into thinking she has changed to a good gem, until they attempt to kill Greg and turn Steven evil. They fight Steven and the Crystal Gems find out, fusing into Alexandrite and defeating the two. They both then fly off into the distance to escape.
- As of her debut episode, Bluebird is currently the shortest fusion shown in the series so far, similar in height to her component Gems (though slightly larger).
- It is currently unknown what her (including Aquamarine and Eyeball) fate is after the events of Future. However, Rebecca Sugar has confirmed the franchise will return in some form, though whether Bluebird will make a reappearance is unknown.
- If she does, it could be likely that Bluebird (or Aquamarine and Eyeball Ruby) could appear as the main antagonist or a major antagonist.
- While Bluebird had believed that they had everyone fooled, it was acknowledged by the Gems that they were Aquamarine and Ruby all along.
- Somewhat ironically, fans of the show had theorised who Bluebird was as well, and were proven correct in her debut.
- She is arguably the most evil character in Steven Universe due to the fact that she was still willing to try and kill Greg and Steven, while fooling the Crystal Gems and taking advantage of their trust.
- Despite Bluebird and her fusion components being the only villains not to redeem themselves in the series. This did still carry a very important message for viewers, which is that not everyone can be redeemed as some either don't want to, or are just too far gone. This is the case with Aquamarine and Eyeball, as they both hate Steven, but then discover that that's what they have in common.