|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||The movement is growing... soon, we'll all be part of the change...||„|
|~ Brannon Whittaker|
Brandon Whittaker is one of the psychopaths appearing in the videogame Dead Rising 2 in the mission "Chuck The Role Model". Brandon Whittaker also appeared in the what-if game Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, with a much larger role and appearing in Case 2-2: A Familiar Face and serving as a major antagonist.
He was voiced by Brad Dryborough.
Dead Rising 2
Prior to the initial outbreak, Brandon alongside Stacey Forsythe and many other members of CURE (Citizens for Undead Rights and Equality) came to Fortune City to protest the killing of the zombies for entertainment and trying to convince that they deserved more humality.
The group protested their cause outisde the Arena in which around the same time, Raymond Sullivan, released the zombies from within the arena allowing them to attack the civilians within the city. Brandon witnessed several members of CURE get devoured and killed by the zombies he and his fellow members had tried to protect.
With a loss of his friends and morality, Whittaker fled for refuge and took shelter in the Americano Casino men's bathroom while the outbreak further rocked the city.
Chuck The Role Model (Mission)
At some point during his stay in his hiding place, he saw the news story about Chuck Greene releasing the zombies from the Terror is Reality Arena. His insanity led him to the conclusion that Chuck had released the Zombies to stop zombie discrimination and bring peace to the world, by turning everyone into zombies therefore making everyone equal.
Brandon sees this as a brilliant plan and decides to help by capturing survivors and turning them into zombies. He kidnapped a young woman named Vikki Taylor and prepared to feed her to a zombie, though it is unknown how he managed to trap the zombie, and whether he's killed other survivors in this way. Stacey Forsythe alerts Chuck of Brandon and Vikki in the casino bathroom mentioning her recognization of Brandon being from CURE as well.
When Chuck arrives at his bathroom, Brandon initially praises Chuck for his imagined plan and claims that he is trying to help. However after Chuck saves Vikki Taylor from Brandon's zombie, Brandon claims Chuck has lost his willingness to complete the plan and attacks with a shard of broken glass.
Chuck defeats Brandon and he stumbles into the stall where he has kept one of the zombies and is bitten. Realizing he will become a zombie and that his plan will never come to be, Brandon uses the piece of broken glass to slit his throat as he falls to the ground.
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Instead of appearing as a side mission psychopath, Brandon appears as one of the major antagonists of the what-if version of the game with Frank West replacing Chuck Greene. He can be seen in a meeting with the main villain of the game Tyrone King, being given a briefcase or actually a bomb following Frank's appearance on Terror is Reality.
Instead of Sullivan, who had released the zombies in the original, Brandon is the one that releases the zombies into the arena causing the city wide outbreak. From the dialogue and info, it was revealed that he was a CURE newcomer and had been tricked by Tyrone into doing it and convinced him it would help everyone see the truth.
Witnessing what he caused, Brandon snapped and believed what he had done was perfect and that he was now the "soilder for the cause." He once again states that seeing the zombies that he had wanted to save eating people made him realize it would end the oppresion between them and the humans by allowing those who were infected to become zombies.
Case 2-2: A Familiar Face
Stacey Forsythe and Frank catch Brandon forcefully dragging Vikki Taylor into the bathroom within the Uranus Zone through the safe house's monitors for the whole city as he proceeds to kick her manically. Frank recgonizes his connection to TK as Stacey insits he was merely a newcomer to CURE. Nonetheless, Frank ventures to confront him.
Once he arrives to confront him and question why he started the outbreak, Brandon, who is past the point of saving begins to mumble explaining he didn't intend for things to happen the way they did, but he was now fully on board and wanted to see this "perfect" plan out through any means.
Vikki pleads to Frank to help her as Frank attempts to talk Brandon down and that what he is doing is wrong and won't help his cause for CURE. Brandon becomes offended and angry as he expresses Frank has lost the will to do what needs to be done as he intends to take this all the way! Brandon proceeds to slit Vikki's throat using his shard of glass which kills her instantly.
After Brandon is defeated, he proceeds to die the same way he did in Dead Rising 2, first being bitten and realizing his fate as he slits his own throat ending his life and stopping him from doing anymore damage.
Brandon's Battle Style (Strats and Info)
Brandon can be a surprisingly difficult foe for the ill-prepared player. This fight is likely to be one of the first boss fights Chuck has, and can be extremely difficult as a low-level character. It is highly recommended Chuck has at least one piece of food, such as wine, and a gun.
Brandon is fast and his attacks are brutal. Trying to follow him as he jumps through the stalls can be disorienting. It is recommended to stay near the bathroom entrance, clear of the stalls, eliminating his two major advantages: His sneak attacks, and being surprised by his speed. With the distance, Chuck should be able to adjust to his oncoming attacks much easier.
If Brandon starts going into hiding and trying his sneak attacks, stand at the stall nearest to the entrance of the men's bathroom. After a while, Brandon will jump out of the second stall from Chuck and onto a huge bloodstain, where he will be partially dazed and vulnerable. Run up to Brandon and hit him with an alternate attack, with a weapon such as the Spiked Bat or Knife Gloves. After that, back off quickly.
Stand near the entrance away from the stalls, and wait for him to charge Chuck. Run away as he charges. When he gets close enough, he will attempt a jumping stab. If Chuck is running away from him while he does, this he will miss and hunch over, gasping for breath. Hit him twice then back off; after Chuck hits him, he will slash around then jump into the stalls.
Do not take survivors when fighting Brandon. If you have some following you, order the survivors to wait in the women's bathroom during the battle. In the men's bathroom, Brandon can and often will target them, and can very easily kill them. Survivors who are brought into the fight will attempt to attack Brandon, and if given ranged weapons, will cause Brandon to use his berserk knifing against Chuck without giving a chance to recover.
- This mission can run at the same time as Case 3-2: Run For the Money. Grab a Merc Assault Riffle from a dead mercenary, make a Blitzkrieg with a battery and wheelchair found close to the nearby matience room, and use it against Brandon.
- There's a glitch with Brandon's AI that allows Chuck to kill him very quickly; Chuck will need a fast melee weapon, such as the Knife Gloves or an electric guitar. After he performs his jump attack, hit him twice with the weapon. Now jump away, and he should perform a spinning attack. Run up and hit him once then jump away again, and he should perform the same spinning attack. He will repeat this, as long as Chuck runs up and hit him every time he spins. Until he dies or Chuck gets hit, this tactic can be used to kill him very quickly.
- If Chuck has a melee weapon, keep distance, as when Brandon gets close enough, he will do a jump attack. Jump out of his way and he will then be tired and open to attack. Repeat this step and he will be easily defeated.
- Another tactic is to get a chainsaw. When Brandon jumps into the stalls, stand to the side of the cubicle. When he jumps out, attack him and he will then jump back into the cubicle. Repeat this until he is beaten.
- Using a ranged weapon, even when given to another survivor, will cause Brandon to go berserk and pounce on Chuck, followed with repeated stabs. This attack is dodgeable by jumping away when he leaps at Chuck, but it will still likely damage Chuck at least once per leap.
- Using a fire weapon on him will temporarily stun him.
- Chuck can easily beat Brandon with a shotgun.
- For players who are having trouble with this fight: Run out of the bathroom door and go right. Brandon will follow Chuck to a certain point and turn around and retreat into a stall. He will jump out once Chuck inches through the door, giving Chuck a chance to fire at him while backing out the door. Repeat this tactic until Brandon is dead. This technique is almost foolproof, as Brandon will always turn around at the same point in the hallway, allowing Chuck to pass his turnaround point and shoot him in the back as he returns. A sniper rifle is ideal, but any gun will work.
- Drinking a Quick Step can help Chuck match Brandon's speed.
- Brandon's health will not recharge in your absence, and Vikki will not take damage either. This allows Chuck to leave the bathroom and heal at the BBQ Shack.
Chuck The Role Model (Dead Rising 2)
Brandon: The movement is growing...soon, we'll all be part of the change.
Chuck: Hey buddy, you ok?
Brandon: Chuck Greene! Wow. Thank you for showing me the way. Now my life has meaning again... At first I didn't understand what the two of you were up to...
Chuck: What are you talking about?
Brandon: Letting the zombies free...
Chuck: CURE didn't have anything to do with that, and neither did I.
Brandon: First it was horrible, the zombies, the zombies we've been trying to save. Killing people, eating people...! But then I saw how brilliant the plan is... it's the best way to end the oppression. It' s so radical... it's beautiful, man.
Vikki: Please... help me.
Brandon: So I'm helping now. I'm a soldier for the cause, man. Releases a zombie from a stall
Chuck: No! This is not the way to help anyone!
Brandon: Oh, I see. You're losing the courage to finish what you started! Well, I have the guts, and I'm taking this thing all the way!!
Brandon defeat and goes to one of the stall where the zombie is locked. Brandon gets bitten by the zombie.
Brandon slits his throat.
Case 2-2: A Familiar Face (Dead Rising 2: Off The Record)
Brandon: The movement is growing... soon, we'll all be part of the change...
Frank: Hey, you uh... you all right?
Brandon: It wasn't supposed to go down like that... but now, I see how radical it is. Now, my life has meaning again. It's perfect this way. So I'm on board now. It's the only way, man.
Frank: What about TK?
Brandon: I'm a soldier for the cause, man.
Frank: So it was you that started the outbreak.
Brandon: First it was horrible, the zombies, the zombies we've been trying to save... killing people, eating people... but then I saw how brilliant the plan is... it's the best way to end the oppression. It's so radical... it's beautiful, man.
Vikki: Please... help me.
Brandon: So I'm helping now. I'm a soldier for the cause, man.
Frank: No! This is not the way to help anyone!
Brandon: Oh, I see. You're losing the courage to do what needs to be done. Well, I have the guts, and I'm taking this thing all the way!
Brandon slits Vikki's throat.