|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Brian Lewis, also known as Principal Lewis, is a major antagonist/anti-hero in the adult animated comedy series American Dad!. He is the head principal of Pearl Bailey High School where Steve Smith, Barry Robinson, and the Popular Crowd attain.
He is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, who provided the secondary voice of Joker in The Batman.
The principal of Pearl Bailey High School, Lewis currently works in a administrative role despite his criminal past.
While Lewis acted like an ordinary principal in the beginning of the series, he quickly fell back on his old habits in the later seasons and onwards. At some point in his life, he married two unnamed women and even had daughter named Janet Lewis, who he is ashamed of for unknown reasons. Both these marriages ended in failure as one of his former wives has tried to kill him. But despite his dubious nature, Lewis is possibly the result of sever child abuse which is briefly mentioned in the episodes, A Ward Show as he told an asleep Steve Smith his entire life story and thought he was in a silent shock after hearing what his stepmother did to him when he was a child and The Worst Stan, where he told Stan his life was the inspiration for the 80s TV show Different Strokes in which featured an episode about the molestation of children based on a similar situation Lewis and his brother William were in.
Throughout the series, Lewis has done and said many very disturbing actions within his role as a principal.
- In "Escape from Pearl Bailey", he created a mob of students to chase and beat up Steve and his friends.
- In "Bully for Steve", he's seen drinking beer during school hours and urinating at the basketball court.
- In "You Debt Your Life", he is hinted at being a pedophile when he shows a fascination for young girls. In the same episode, he began to wish on how he stayed a drug runner which was heard by the whole school.
- In "I Am the Walrus", he has a restraining order against him for sexually harassing an art teacher. He also kidnapped Hayley Smith and her husband Jeff at gun point while forcing them to clean his house.
- In "License to Till", he assaults Steve with a coffee pot.
- In "Home Wrecker", he knocks items out of the students' hands, sexually harasses female employees, takes students for illegal gambling, locks them in a car for hours, and even offers the kids up to be killed.
- He finds a bookie who will bet on anything in "The Wrestler" including when a student will get her period and on preschoolers drawing with crayons. When one girl draws out of the lines, Lewis curses her in front of her parents.
- In "100 A.D.", he claimed he couldn't return to his job because he took a dump on his desk before stripping into a beach thong.
- In "The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady", he poisons school children via the cafeteria food so the school would buy his sawdust from his failing Christmas Tree business to clean up the vomit, as well as hires kids out of juvie as Hall Monitors to help him with it.
- In "The Worst Stan", at a PTA party, he shows up drunk and urinated on a cake, then stripped down naked.
- The American Dad! staff were surprised over how much of a fan favorite the Principal Lewis character became. 
- He keeps $500 sticking out of his pocket to make the students think he is rich in Escape from Pearl Bailey. In the same episode, he is shown to be ashamed of his daughter Janet for more reasons than you can imagine.
- Principal Lewis reveled himself to a be retired porn star.
- Principal Lewis has showed himself to be bisexual as he acquired Tracey Bryant as his "prison wife" after beating up Tracy's then current "husband" during his time in prison.
- In "Jenny Fromdabloc," he attempts to sell belt buckles, one containing a bird that closely resembles Tweety looking indignant at a cross over the caption "There Is No God". He notes that Tweety's eyes are red from smoking weed.
- Principal Lewis lives alone in a messy house as seen in "I Am the Walrus" and "Hot Water". In addition, in "I Am the Walrus", he mentions that the messy house is the result of what happens when you try to strike some sense into your lady.
- In "The Worst Stan", Principal Lewis reveals that his family was the inspiration for the television show Diff'rent Strokes including many of the events depicted on the show. His step-father is named Mr. Druffel and he has a brother named William Lewis.
- In "National Treasure 4: Baby Franny: She's Doing Well: The Hole Story", Brian appears as a strongman on Greg and Terry's television show Morning Glory. As he tears a phone book in two, he proclaims that his strength comes from above.
- Brian stars as "Black Villain" in "For Black Eyes Only".
- Principal Lewis and Marguerite appear during "He's Got a Kink" in "The Missing Kink". Stan also invites them over to watch him have kinky sex with Francine, some of which horrifies them.
- When an inopportune wish by Stan that he had Lewis' single lifestyle is granted in "Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas", Lewis inherits Stan's job and family in return.
- While having an affair with Mrs. Lonstein in "Criss-Cross Applesauce: The Ballad Of Billy Jesusworth", Lewis finds out she is having another affair and shoots the closet, wounding Greg Corbin. He is quickly surrounded by several other neighbors whom he discovers are also having affairs with her.
- In addition to his job as principal, he is also the owner of Tropical Friends Aquarium Store in "Portrait of Francine's Genitals".
Guest Star Characters