|“||Frozen in a block of ice, Captain Deadbeard has been adrift for hundreds of years. Having just arrived on the shores of Zomburbia with his trusty Parrot Pal, he's crusty, a little musty, and ready to bring the fight to the Plants.||„|
|~ Captain Deadbeard's stickerbook description.|
|“||Captain Deadbeard's here lads. Yo-Ho-Ho and a barrel of parrots||„|
|~ Captain Deadbeard in the comics.|
Captain Deadbeard is one of the secondary antagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is an undead zombie pirate who takes parts of fighting plants.
He was voiced by Lee Tockar, while his Parrot Pal was voiced by Asia Mattu.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
He first appeared in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 as one of the playable characters on the Zombies' side. His primary weapon is Scurvy Scattershot, with the second is Spyglass Shot.
His Top Zombie variant is Ol' Deadbeard. He first appeared when the players entered his portal, he first asked the players to cure his pet shark Snaggles by contacting Dr. Daul Fin in Backyard Battleground. After meeting him, they had to defeat Champion Rose and retrieve the potion back to his ship. Finally, Dr. Daul Fin and the players had to shrink themselves to defeat all plants harming the shark.
After the shark is cured, he tasked the players to get him Vitamin C to cure his scurvy.
When the players completed the second quest, he quested the players to collect doubloons for him.
If the players completed all three quests, he let the players open another portal, or meet Dr. Fizzician in his lab.
He also returned in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville as a playable character of Defend class on the Zombies' side.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
Captain Deadbeard returned in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as three separate cards:
Barrel of Deadbeards
|“||No monkeys, just zombies.||„|
|~ Barrel of Deadeards' description.|
|“||Yo ho ho! It's a pirate's unlife for him!||„|
|~ Description of Captain Deadbeard.|
|“||You get your beard caught in the toaster ONE time, and it's all anyone can talk about...||„|
|~ Captain Flameface's description.|
- Captain Cannon
- Captain Flameface
- Captain Sharkbite
- Captain Partyman
- Captain Squawk
Powers and Abilities
- Scurvy Scattershot: It is a shotgun weapon that burns through 2 ammo per shot.
- Spyglass Shot: Captain Deadbeard can turn his gun into a precision Sniper weapon to pick plants off at a distance.
- Barrel Blast: Captain Deadbeard hides in a reinforced barrel that can explode to deal massive damage to nearby plants.
- Looty Booty Barrel Blast: It is exactly the same as the Barrel Blast, however it's visually different.
- Canon Rodeo: He mounts a cannon that can shoot up to 6 highle explosive, highly damaging cannonballs.
- Anchor's Away: He loads an anchor tied to his pegleg into the barrel of his gun, allowing him to reach vantage points more easily.
The Parrot Pal is one of Captain Deadbeard's abilities. It is a bird that flies around to attack plants with its Parrot Pulse to assist the zombie team.
A variant of it is Future Parrot Pal, a mechanical parrot that moves slower but has more health and deals more damage than its predecessor.
Powers and Abilities
- Flight: The Parrot can fly around to rain down havoc on the plants.
- Eggsplosion: It can launch an egg that deals damage to plants and explodes into more eggs to deal even more damage to plants caught in its radius.
- For the Future Parrot Pal, it drops more eggs in a larger radius compared to the original.
- He has a plush toy of Rose in his bed
- It is also revealed that he was frozen in an ice block until the day he floated onto the shores of Zomburbia.
- His Party Variant, Captain Partyman, is the only party variant that does not play a jam during his "Party Time!" ability. Instead, it presumably plays Captain Smasher's theme.
- According to the loading screen tips, he can play the flute.