|Dr. Wily has declared that this article is still under construction.|
Please don't delete or edit this article yet, it may contrast with the original author's edits.
After I finish this article, the world will be mine! MWAHAHAHAHA!
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Captain John Hart is the central antagonist in series two of the BBC sci-fi drama series Torchwood a spin-off to Doctor Who, as well as the main antagonist of the Big Finish audio story The Death of Captain Jack and the titular protagonist of the audio drama series The Sins of Captain John.
He is a rogue time agent who was an old friend, lover and professional partner to Captain Jack Harkness during their tenure as Time Agents before eventually parting ways and briefly crossing each other's paths on a few other instances before eventually being properly reunited thanks to Jack's younger brother Gray turning John into his reluctant puppet.
He was portrayed by James Marsters who also played Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, Brainiac in Smallville, Piccolo in Dragonball Evolution, Zamasu in Dragon Ball Super and Faro Argyus in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
The Death of Captain Jack
The Sins of Captain John
Although a charismatic and smooth talking individual with a bizarre sense of humour John was easily characterised by his egotistical and self serving nature, with him always looking out for number one and being incredibly short-sighted and impulsive, leading him to put not only himself but both his surrounding friends and enemies in danger. Above all else John was a thrill seeker and although dangerous and untrustworthy wasn't a completely immoral man as he has shown on occasion that he is truly capable of decency and does still show great love and respect for some people, most notably Jack who he has always had a fairly rocky connection with both in a romantic and volatile sense.
John Hart was a handsome man with fair skin, blue eyes and subtly greying brown hair that Jack jokingly said was receding. He also had sharp cheekbones and a slim yet muscular build. He was usually seen wearing a pair of blue jeans paired alongside a raggedy tan T-Shirt and a brown ammo belt. His most defining garment of clothing was his red Hussar jacket.
- John Hart bears many similarities to the early series incarnation of Spike from the Buffyverse even being played by James Marsters himself, with the main difference being John's slightly more maniacal and less loyal nature.
- His dynamic with Captain Jack Harkness is also somewhat reminiscent to Spike and Angel's interactions in season five of Angel.
- John Hart is in many ways a reflection of what Jack could have became had he not encountered The Doctor.
- James Marsters landed the role of John after seeing an episode of the revived series of Doctor Who with his agent who later managed to get in contact with the showrunner at the time Russell T. Davis who then told Torchwood's showrunner Chris Chibnall that Marsters was interested in getting a role with Chibnall concluding that he'd be perfect for John.
- John Hart is likely the most popular villain from Torchwood.