|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Car Driver is the unseen and obscure main antagonist of the Season 12 Family Guy episodes "Life of Brian" and "Christmas Guy".
While the car driver is still unknown, he/she played a major role in the episode "Life of Brian" by either intentionally or unintentionally killing Brian in the process of running him over with the car, continuing to drive after having done so. Nothing more is known of the driver, though he/she reappears in the episode "Christmas Guy" where Stewie travels back to before the driver killed Brian and saves him.
"Life of Brian"
In "Life of Brian", After Stewie and Brian travel back to the 17th century in Stewie's time machine and give the guns, they travel back to fix their mistake. Later after Stewie realizes the dangers of time travel, he decides to take his time machine apart and never time travel again. After taking it apart, Stewie ask Brian to help him haul it off to the dump so he can crush it down and won't be able to put it back together. While at the dump, Stewie and Brian find a street hockey net and take home so they can play with it. While Brian sets up the net, an unknown assassin rounds about the corner in a car and runs Brian over, fatally injuring him, and ruining the net, Brian's death hits the whole family hard and they bury him.
Two episodes later in "Christmas Guy", while Stewie was sitting on Santa's lap at the Quahog Christmas Carnival, Santa asks Stewie what he wants for Christmas. After thinking for a while, Stewie wants Brian back. Stewie is still sad without Brian as it is his first Christmas without him, but he doesn't know how to bring him back. However, at the mall, he discovers a past version of himself with the old return pad of his time machine.
He soon recalls a cutaway gag in "Life of Brian" before Brian's death, where Stewie told him [Brian] that he [Stewie] traveled ahead to Christmas to purchase a toy so he would not have to wait for it. The events of that cutaway actually happened. Stewie then steals the other Stewie's return pad, knowing that he can use it to travel back to before Brian was killed and save him.
Once Stewie time travels back to before Brian died, he sees Brian on the road with the street hockey net and then sees the car driver that originally ran him over round about the corner like before. And this time, Stewie pushes Brian out of the way of the car and saves him. However, the net is still ruined. Stewie then tells Brian about how the car killed him and that how he traveled back to save him, so Brian thanks him for saving his life.
Afterward, Brian realizes Stewie is starting to fade away. Stewie tells Brain that now that he's saved him, the timeline that the car driver created with Brian's death no longer exists. Future Stewie then wishes Brian a Merry Christmas and disappears. Afterward "Life of Brian" Stewie walks out and asks Brian "Hey who are you talking to out here?" to which Brian replies "A pretty awesome guy."
- So far, it is unclear who the driver is, and it likely will never be revealed. Several fans have theorized that it was probably any character who hates Brian, with Peter's friend Glenn Quagmire (who utterly hates Brian and once beat him nearly to death) and Lois's father Carter Pewterschmidt (Brian often meddles in Carter's unethical money-making schemes) being the most accurate prime suspects.
- Some fans even assume that the driver was Vinny, the dog whom the Griffins adopted a month after Brian's demise in "Life of Brian". Other suspects include Penelope (who wanted Stewie to kill Brian), Ernie the Giant Chicken (who probably wanted to hurt Peter where it hurt most), James Woods (who most likely wanted to kill him for either ruining Class Holes! after he ruined it himself or his plan to ruin Peter) or even Brian himself (if he traveled back from the future to kill himself).
- It could also be possible that the driver was either a hitman hired by one of the aforementioned characters or simply a random drunk driver.
- The car that struck Brian was a 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class coupe.
- When asked about how the crew came up with the idea of killing off Brian, Steve Callaghan hinted at the possibility that Stewie Griffin could have been the Car Driver's victim instead of Brian if they hadn't conclude that losing a dog is less painful than losing a child.
- While some fans debate whether the Car Driver is truly evil or not, given that it could have been possible that he/she ran over Brian by accident, it's apparent that the Car Driver did run him over on purpose (especially if one were to assume that the driver is one of Brian's enemies), because the car was missing a license plate in order to hide his/her identity, and even if the driver didn't do it on purpose, he/she didn't want to claim any responsibility and continued driving without stopping to help Brian. As a result, the Car Driver had gotten away with it with no punishment for his/her crimes.
Guest Star Characters