|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Carlos Fuentes is a secondary antagonist in season 5 of Dexter.
He was portrayed by Joseph Julian Soria.
Carlos Fuentes and his brothers Marco Fuentes' first discovered victim, Nina Alvarez's severed head, was found in a discarded bush after being murdered by the brothers.
Nina Alvarez's husband Francisco was found later, having been shot in the back of the head with a shotgun by either Marco or Carlos, after the two had robbed him and tried to make it look like a suicide.
The Fuentes Brother's next victim, Fauzi Goberi, was a local informant who owned a shop the brothers visited regularly. When the brothers found out that he might give away who's been robbing and killing people, they visit his store and murder him in the same way they killed Nina Alvarez to intimidate others into not reporting anything to the police.
The Brother's first set of victims are found in their homes, several weeks after their murder, with Dexter Morgan theorizing that they were actually the brother's first set of victims who were killed in their sleep since they were found in their beds.
While further investigating the house, Debra Morgan spots a poster across the street with the same symbol description given by a man named Jandro Mendoza, whom Carlos had tried to kill earlier but failed, who said the symbol was the logo for Club Mayan and Carlos had a tattoo of the logo on his hand.
Marco is finally seen along with his brother in Club Mayan when Debra and Angel Batista set up a plan to arrest both of the brothers. They hire a woman who regularly went to the club named Yasmin Aragon to flirt with the brothers, especially Marco. Yasmin eventually panicked when she spotted that Carlos had a gun and yelled it out to the club, scaring everyone inside as well. Marco shoots Yasmin in the back and after a brief shootout with Joey Quinn where he nearly killed Debra but unintentionally killed an unnamed clubber instead, Marco managed to escape the club during the confusion. Carlos takes a woman hostage and after some back and forth arguing, Debra is forced to shoot Carlos in the head to kill him.
- Daniel Ortiz - Throat slit with a machete by Carlos Fuentes and Marco Fuentes. Found dead four weeks later.
- Awilda Ortiz - Throat slit with a machete by Carlos and Marco. Found dead four weeks later.
- Nina Alfaro - Neck hacked twice, decapitated, eyes gouged out, mouth sliced open, and tongue cut off with machete by Marco Fuentes and Carlos. Found dead.
- Francisco Alfaro - Shot in the head with a shotgun by either Marco or Carlos.
- Fauzi Goberi - Neck hacked twice, decapitated, eyes gouged out, mouth sliced open, and tongue cut off with machete by Marco Fuentes and Carlos Fuentes. Found dead.
- Yasmin Aragon - Shot in the back after panicking and trying to escape.
- Unnamed Clubber - Shot to death unintentionally while exchanging fire with Debra.
- Total - 7
- Carlos Fuentes is Debra Morgan's first kill in the entire series.
- A popular fan theory before Carlos' death was that Officer Cira Manzon, who was working alongside Yasmin before her death, was a double agent and working with the brothers if not being the killer herself.
- Carlos Fuentes - Dexter Wiki