|“||Cartoon Cat is the most (DATA EXPUNGED) of all the (DATA EXPUNGED)!||„|
|~ A quote about Cartoon Cat.|
Cartoon Cat is an urban legend created by Canadian horror artist, Trevor Henderson. He is a giant feline creature who resembles a 1930s era cartoon cat, hence his name.
The predecessor image of Cartoon Cat was posted online by Trevor Henderson on August 4, 2018. In the photograph, a large creature resembling a black-and-white rubber-hose cartoon creature sits in an abandoned building, leering at the camera from around a doorframe. The creature is similar to Cartoon Cat- jet black, huge eyes, crooked teeth, and stretchy limbs ending in white-gloved hands- but its head is more dog-like or mouse-like in shape. The image was captioned "they're just like your favorite cartoon", suggesting this is just one of many monsters similar to Cartoon Cat, or perhaps one of Cartoon Cat's alternate forms. Later on August 10, a second photograph was released, with the caption "What they found in the dirt mall". The photograph was of an abandoned shopping mall with a full-body view of Cartoon Cat walking towards the camera with a malicious, wide-eyed grin. This is the first image of Cartoon Cat in his more recognizable form, with a round head and pointed ears, though he has no visible tail nor feet of any kind, with his legs ending in blunt points.
Five days later on August 15, a third picture was posted of the Cartoon Cat captioned "all the classics are coming back", featuring Cartoon Cat standing in the middle of a crossroad at night. The photo appears to be taken from inside a car, with the headlights being the only source of light shining upon Cartoon Cat, though only illuminating his arms and legs due to Cartoon Cat's height. This is the only photo thus far where Cartoon Cat has visible "feet" (consisting of simple voids with no toes) and a long, hose-like neck stretching down to the ground, with his head slithering off towards the side of the car, appearing to have either extremely dilated pupils or possibly hollow eye sockets.
On August 22, a fourth picture was posted captioned "For you, anon." This was another full-body view of Cartoon Cat, standing in front of an abandoned building, his whole body bending and swaying with his mouth wide open. Once again his feet are missing.
On September 26, a very unnerving picture of the creature was released, showing Cartoon Cat standing in what looks like someone's house. Here, he is much smaller than his previous photos (albeit still taller than a person), with much larger teeth and large, diseased-looking lips and gums. On October 10, the "Cartoon Cat Fact Sheet" was posted, showing a closeup of Cartoon Cat reaching towards the viewer, with a massive grin full of yellow teeth dripping with blood, suggesting he has either eaten someone or is clenching his jaw so tight his gums are bleeding. Beneath his profile picture is some text, though most of it is covered up with black bars labelled "REDACTED". Some of the less-obscured text reads "often found in (redacted) abandoned (redacted)", "(redacted) show from 1939", "Incredibly cruel", and "is thought to be (redacted)". This suggests that Cartoon Cat is based on, or possibly original from, an old cartoon from 1939.
Further information can be uncovered on Trevor’s responses to people’s questions on his Tumblr. In these, Trevor states Cartoon Cat is the most dangerous monster in his collection, most likely excluding the Giants. He also states Cartoon Cat is so dangerous, other monsters avoid the dirt mall he sometimes resides in, “if they know what’s good for them.” When asked why he is so dangerous, Trevor simply responded: “unchecked limitations.”
However, another one of Trevor’s creations, the Man with the Upside-Down Face was shown to be much worse than Cartoon Cat, as the Man with the Upside-Down Face has indirectly caused mass murder along with committing much more heinous crimes than Cartoon Cat. While Cartoon Cat only attacks and/or kidnaps people when they are in/around his lair and, if his backstory of being an abandoned 1939 cartoon is true, attacks people for revenge, the Man with the Upside-Down Face affects people for his own sickening pleasure, feeding off of the negative emotions from those who had unfortunate tragedies, big or small, making him more evil in terms of his actions. Cartoon Cat has also not been shown to have killed people (albeit, he may have caused some harm, but that is completely debatable as the mythos lack a potential storyline) while the Man with the Upside-Down Face has indirectly committed mass murder.
The latest pictures of Cartoon Cat have revealed much more information on the monster. A photo was posted showing what seems to be an angry looking Cartoon Cat, but brightening the image reveals an unusual thick, almost blocky body, with only Cartoon Cat’s face and arm being recognizable. His latest image shows his regular look, expect for the fact that he has five eyes, while yet another illustration of him displays his face having only two very realistic-looking eyes.
These images and inconsistencies in Cartoon Cat’s appearance and his size such as his feet repeatedly changing from points into those resembling shoes and his size that ranges from towering over a building to being only slightly taller than a person seemingly imply that like an actual rubberhose 30s cartoon, Cartoon Cat can change his form, size and body at will, stretching and squashing his limbs and body parts on a whim, which could explain why he is so dreaded even among other monsters: he doesn’t obey traditional laws of life, he’s “malleable”, acting like a shapeshifting cartoon and using these powers for sinister and violence means. If his backstory is true, then it is possible Cartoon Cat attacks people for revenge (if not, then he might possibly be defending his own lair when people are in or around it). Regardless, Cartoon Cat's personality or crimes have not been made clear and it's likely possible he is not as bad as the Man with the Upside-Down Face, despite the fact that Cartoon Cat is very dangerous.
Trevor has revealed that Cartoon Cat and any other cartoon monsters can take the exaggerated form of almost any animal, but since dogs, mice and cats are generally the animals that come to mind when cartoons come to mind, those are the forms they are “most likely to latch on and form into.” If the majority of the population focuses on a specific character for a cartoon, Cartoon Cat can possibly take their form. Based on this, we can assume that Cartoon Cat’s current form was taken after a character from some old show in 1939 that was later abandoned. In short, Cartoon Cat is most likely some sort of cosmic entity that took the form of a 1939 cartoon in order to possibly torment humanity, however, this theory is not confirmed yet.
On a drunk AMA Trevor did on his Twitter, he revealed that Cartoon Cat loves to commit vicious violence. While Trevor hasn't revealed much on what exactly Cartoon Cat does, it's very likely that he's trying to imply that Cartoon Cat is an amoral or misunderstood villain, and that he is instead keeping Cartoon Cat's true crimes hidden to further the enigmatic nature of his mythos, to perhaps imply that Cartoon Cat is simply too horrible for words. An interesting thing to note is that Trevor has called the Man with the Upside-Down Face the patron saint of tragedies, but when asked if Cartoon Cat was a patron saint, he replied that he was "too evil".
Powers and Abilities
Cartoon Cat has many abilities that back up his reputation among all other monsters as a very dangerous creature. It is implied that he has shapeshifting abilities like a typical 30s rubber hose cartoons, able to change his size and the length, presence and absence of his limbs, as he is “malleable”, as Trevor states.
Again, this makes him very dangerous even to other creatures, as he’s able to defy the laws of physics like a cartoon would, making him stronger than most other monsters.
On Twitter, Trevor has said that Cartoon Cat's anatomy changes a lot, by design. When asked if Cartoon Cat was a constantly shifting blob, Trevor replied that he sort of is, but he has more control over his body than that description would imply.
- Cartoon Cat was created by Trevor Henderson, who is known for making various bizarre creatures over the internet. His other creations include Siren Head, the Country Road Creature, the Bridge Worms, the Man with the Upside-Down Face, the Smile Room, the Good Boy, the Lamb, the Man in the Red Room, the Fetid King, the Giants and Long Horse.
- Cartoon Cat is so dangerous and aggressive, that even other monsters are afraid of him, avoiding his lair "if they know what's good for them."
- Trevor has stated a few times that Cartoon Cat is not the only cartoon monster out there, and he has given contradictory information on some pictures of Cartoon Cat, sometimes stating that it is Cartoon Cat, and other times stating that it’s another cartoon entity. It is likely that Trevor is being intentionally vague to keep up the mystery of his works.
- Although Cartoon Cat's origin is unknown, it is believed that Cartoon Cat was from a TV series in the 30s, specifically 1939, and then he got abandoned. As Trevor himself says on his Tumblr about Cartoon Cat and other potential cartoon monsters of his on whether they looked friendly and less creepy before, “When they had their own show, they did, before it got taken away.”
- Despite this revelation, it is still unknown how exactly Cartoon Cat exists in the real world, whether it be as a cartoon character somehow brought to life or a demonic entity taking on the form of the retired cartoon mascot. Trevor's recent tweet about Cartoon Cat and other cartoon monsters taking on exaggerated forms of cartoon mascots heavily implies the latter. It's also possible that it's an entity that simply takes the form of an old media mascot.
- On a “pain scale” of one to ten (with ten being the worst) created by Henderson for his monsters, both the Man with the Upside-Down Face and Cartoon Cat are placed on ten (if not for the latter, then possibly 8 or 9), implying that they are both possibly the evilest beings Trevor has created by far. However, unlike Cartoon Cat, the Man with the Upside-Down Face is far more exceedingly evil than Cartoon Cat, being a clear sadist who loves to feed on negative emotions caused by tragedies. The Man with the Upside-Down Face has also indirectly caused many deaths while Cartoon Cat has not been shown to have killed anybody.
- Cartoon Cat was described by Trevor as "malleable."
- Although the Man with the Upside-Down Face is by far the evilest and if not, the worst creation Trevor Henderson has created, Cartoon Cat himself is the most dangerous and possibly the strongest.
- One day, Trevor started releasing artworks of many of his monsters as patron saints and Cartoon Cat and Good Boy were one of the many creatures, but compared to the others, they weren't called patron saints and didn't have the sun like symbols behind them. It is unknown why they didn't have these features, although it's possible that they are not unique creatures like the others, but rather just individuals of a species.
- Some people started theorizing that Cartoon Cat and Good Boy are connected.
- Cartoon Cat’s skin has a rubber-like texture.
- Cartoon Cat is said to be “something cosmic and awful filtered through our old media.” This means that Cartoon Cat possibly only takes this form because 1), that way he could be seen by humans in a terrorizing way or 2), he simply wanted to use that form so he can affect the humans. This also means that there is a bigger chance that all the cartoon monsters are the same species, but take different forms based on the old cartoon characters.
- Trevor has said that Cartoon Cat and any other cartoon monsters are morally aware of their actions and that they attack with the intent to hurt others, meaning that Cartoon Cat and all other cartoon monsters are morally aware of the damage they cause. This means that Cartoon Cat and the Man with the Upside-Down Face are currently the only two of Trevor's villainous creations who have moral agencies, which probably makes them the two most evil as well (which is odd as Siren Head and other monsters have killed many people while Cartoon Cat has not been portrayed to have killed people as of yet).
- However, unlike the Man with the Upside-Down Face, while Cartoon Cat is morally aware of what he does, Cartoon Cat is very enigmatic with no clear personality nor his crimes are made clear other than stalking and breaking and entering with no confirmation he has killed anybody, the Man with the Upside-Down Face does everything just for fun, feeding off of negative emotions for his own sick and twisted pleasure and causing the deaths of people by causing the fatal incidents to indirectly occur.
- It is also to note that since the mythos lack a potential storyline or narrative plot, it is most likely that Cartoon Cat has yet to be confirmed to have actually killed anyone, since there seems to be information indicating otherwise or even a sympathetic backstory on him. Because of this, Cartoon Cat can be considered a grey villain, since his personality has not been made clear and he is morally and enigmatically ambiguous.
- However, it is more likely that Cartoon Cat's crimes have not been revealed yet simply because Trevor wants to keep the nature of his mythos mysterious and not reveal too much about Cartoon Cat, instead only implying that he could be horrible and sadistic and keeping the truth secret for now.
- Trevor has said that Cartoon Cat is worse than the Man with the Upside-Down Face. The exact reason why is currently unknown (as is if Trevor means worse as in more evil or simply more dangerous).
- Trevor implied that Cartoon Cat and Siren Head come from "the void" and are enemies of Long Horse and the Lamb.
- Trevor has revealed some more information on Cartoon Cat on his CuriousCat profile.
- Cartoon Cat apparently tastes like static.
- Cartoon Cat is possibly the most powerful of all of Trevor’s monsters.
- Cartoon Cat’s favorite pastime is committing atrocities.
- Additionally, when someone asked why Cartoon Cat hasn't committed any mass murders despite being so powerful, Trevor simply responded with "Every year, people go missing".
Siren Head (2020 Game) | Cartoon Cat | Bridge Worms | Country Road Creature | God Of Roadkill | Mr. Mascot | The Fetid King | The Giants | The Lamb | The Man with the Upside-Down Face | The Man in the Red Room | The Smile Room