|“||Cartoon Cat is the most (DATA EXPUNGED) of all the (DATA EXPUNGED)!||„|
|~ The famous quote about Cartoon Cat.|
The Cartoon Cat is a hostile cryptid and urban legend created by artist Trever Henderson. He is a giant cat who resembles a cartoon cat, hence his name.
The Cartoon Cat started appearing on the internet on August 4, 2018, when the first image of the creature started appearing online. In the picture, Cartoon Cat is seen behind the doors in an abandoned building, staring at the camera. In the future on August 10, a second photograph was released, showing the full body of the Cartoon Cat, with an extremely creepy smile and its hands covered in white gloves.
Five days later on August 15, a third picture is seen of the Cartoon Cat, where its head appears to be on the ground, as its neck became longer. Then on August 22, Cartoon Cat appears to be standing outside of another abandoned building, where it's looking very vicious and angry towards its victims.
As the time went by, on September 26, a very unnerving picture of the creature was released, where the monster is staring directly at the camera, with its teeth out, as it is presumably about to eat its victim. The first four appearances were somewhat friendly unlike this one.
The final image of the Cartoon Cat appeared on October 10, where the Cat is looking very sinister, as it is possibly about to murder and eat its victims. However, it has never been confirmed to eat or kill people yet. On this picture, there is REDACTED covering information all over the image about Cartoon Cat, showing the sinister info about this being is trying to be hidden from the public. One possible interpretation of the sheet shows information that reveals Cartoon Cat has relations to a “show from 1939”, a nocturnal creature and incredibly cruel. Presumably, more text reveals that it is “extremely horrible”, it’s often found in a number of abandoned structures, and it may be related to many unsolved disappearances, though the interpretations of the censored text could be different. The creepiest part about the image was the description where presumably it either says that Cartoon Cat is the most monstrous of all the cartoon characters to ever be released to the public, or even that Cartoon Cat is the most evil of all of Henderson’s monsters.
However, another one of Trevor’s creations, The Man with the Upside-Down Face was shown to be much worse than Cartoon Cat with a clearer moral agency and more heinous actions. While Cartoon Cat only attacks and/or kidnaps people when they are in/around his lair and, if his backstory of being an abandoned 1939 cartoon is true, attacks people for revenge, the Man with the Upside-Down Face attacks people for his own sickening pleasure, feeding off of negative emotions from those who had unfortunate car accident tragedies.
Further information can be uncovered on Trevor’s responses to people’s questions on his Tumblr. In these, Trevor states Cartoon Cat is the most dangerous monster in his collection, obviously excluding the Giants. He also states Cartoon Cat is so dangerous, other monsters avoid the dirt mall it sometimes resides in, “if they know what’s good for them”. When asked why he is so dangerous, Trevor simply responded: “unchecked limitations”.
The latest pictures of Cartoon Cat have revealed much more information on the monster. A photo was posted showing what seems to be an angry looking Cartoon Cat, but brightening the image reveals an unusual thick, almost blocky body, with only Cartoon Cat’s face and arm being recognizable. His latest image shows his regular look, expect for the fact that he has five eyes, while yet another illustration of him displays his face having only two very realistic-looking eyes. These images and inconsistencies in Cartoon Cat’s appearance and his size such as his feet repeatedly changing from points into those resembling shoes and his size that ranges from towering over a stop sign to being only slightly taller than a person seemingly imply that like an actual rubberhose 30s cartoon, Cartoon Cat can change his form, size and body at will, stretching, adding, changing and increasing the size of his body parts on a whim, which could explain why he is so dreaded even among other monsters: he doesn’t obey traditional laws of life, he’s “malleable”, acting like a shapeshifting cartoon except much more evil and sinister, possibly hurting and taking other beings for fun. If his backstory is true, then it is possible Cartoon Cat attacks people for revenge (if not, then he might possibly be defending his own lair when people are in or around it).
Cartoon Cat has many abilities that back up his reputation among all as a very dangerous creature. It is implied that he has shapeshifting abilities like a typical 30s rubberhose cartoons, able to change his size and the length, presence and absence of his limbs, he’s “malleable”, as Trevor says. Again, this makes him very dangerous even to other creatures, as he’s able to defy the laws of physics like a cartoon would.
- Cartoon Cat was created by Trevor Henderson, who is known for making various bizarre creatures over the internet. His other creations include Siren Head, the Country Road Creature, the Bridge Worms, The Man with the Upside-Down Face and Long Horse.
- Cartoon Cat was based on Felix the Cat.
- Cartoon Cat is so dangerous and aggressive, that even other monsters are afraid of him, avoiding his lair "if they know what's good for them".
- Trevor has stated a few times that Cartoon Cat is not the only cartoon monster out there, and he has given contradictory information on some pictures of Cartoon Cat, sometimes stating that it is Cartoon Cat, and other times stating that it’s another cartoon entity. It is likely that Trevor is being intentionally vague to keep up the mystery of his works.
- If this IS true, then it is possible that Cartoon Cat has a different variety of species. It is possible that this Cartoon Cat may be amoral while there could be another one out there hurting people for fun. This can be up to interpretation, but may possibly be highly likely.
- Although Cartoon Cat's origin is unknown, it is believed that Cartoon Cat was from a TV series in the 30s, specifically 1939, and then he got abandoned. As Trevor himself says on his Tumblr about Cartoon Cat and other potential cartoon monsters of his on whether they looked friendly and less creepy before, “When they had their own show, they did, before it got taken away”.
- Despite this revelation, it is still unknown how exactly Cartoon Cat exists in the real world, whether it be as a cartoon character brought to life or a demonic entity taking on the form of the retired cartoon mascot.
- On a “pain scale” of one to ten (with ten being the worst) created by Henderson for his monsters, both The Man with the Upside-Down Face and Cartoon Cat are placed on ten (if not for the latter, then possibly 8 or 9), implying that they are both possibly the most evil beings Trevor has created by far. However, unlike Cartoon Cat, The Man with the Upside-Down Face has a clear moral agency and is far more exceedingly evil than Cartoon Cat.