|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||The real question is, did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back? Well, I got news for you! Shooting you will be a pleasure, but dating you was only business! You are muy pequeñito amigo! Throw over the cash. You have been a busy boy, but you haven't learned. I'm not to be trusted. KILL THE IDIOT!||„|
|“||Get this thing AIRBORNE!||„|
|~ Catalina's last words.|
|“||Sorry, babe. I'm an ambitious girl and... [shoots at Claude] you're just small time!||„|
|~ Catalina betraying Claude during a bank heist|
Catalina Vialpando (November 1, 1969 - October 2001) is a fictional character in the GTA series who appears as the main antagonist in Grand Theft Auto III (set in 2001) and as a major character and minor antagonist in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (taken place in 1992).
She is a criminal in Red County in GTA San Andreas and the leader of the Colombian Cartel in GTA III. Additionally, Catalina is also the cousin of Varrios Los Aztecas leader Cesar Vialpando and Claude's ex-girlfriend-turned arch-nemesis.
She was voiced by Cynthia Farrell.
Grand Theft Auto III
After arriving in Liberty City, Catalina begins discussions with and becomes the leader of the Colombian Cartel and, with some of their members (including Miguel) rob a bank in the city. After robbing the bank she shoots Claude, leaving him for dead, and explaining that he is 'small-time'. She continues her criminal activities with the Cartel, increasing the production of SPANK and attacking the Yakuza on Staunton Island and the Leone Family on Portland. During this period, Claude managed to escape from an LCPD convoy with, unintentionally, help from the Colombian Cartel (who were seeking to capture the Old Oriental Gentleman) and began working for Leone made man Luigi Goterelli.
Claude later flees to Staunton Island and begins to work for Yakuza co-leader Asuka Kasen who begins to attack the Cartel following the near death of her brother Kenji at the hands of a 'Cartel assassin', which was really Claude working on orders from Donald Love. Love later sends Claude to collect a package from a construction site in Fort Staunton, where he once again meets Catalina and Miguel, with Catalina shooting Miguel in the back and escaping with the package. Asuka, desperate to exact revenge for her brother's near death, begins to torture Miguel for information, with Claude then using the information to attack Cartel interests, including destroying stands selling SPANK run by the Uptown Yardies.
Catalina, however, strikes back and murders both Asuka and Miguel, and kidnaps Maria Latore, using her as a hostage and demanding a $500,000 ransom be brought to the Cartel headquarters in Cedar Grove. Claude decides to take the ransom money to Catalina and manages to escape an ambush, set up by Catalina, who escapes in a helicopter and keeps Maria hostage. Claude follows Catalina to Cochrane Dam, where he destroys the helicopter with a rocket launcher, killing Catalina and severely weakening the Cartel.
Catalina is portrayed as an extremely reckless, violent, mean, greedy, psychotic, quarrelsome, and hypocritical woman who turns on even close partners if they cease to be useful to her (as seen with Carl Johnson, Claude and Miguel). Much more of Catalina's psyche is brought to light during her conversations with Carl Johnson, frequently shooting bystanders during heists and referencing cannibalism.
She also suffers from a persecution complex, possibly due to cruel treatment by her stepfather as a child, telling Johnson that "They had to die because YOU were slow and stupid, like a big fat brat that eats chocolates while his father gives nothing to his stepdaughter but stale bread!".
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Catalina is possibly one of the strongest characters within the GTA series. She can jump very long distances without getting injured. She can also lift several tons of stolen items, be it money or jewelry.
- Heist planning: She is excellent at planning heists, perhaps even better than Lester Crest.
- Leadership/Intelligence: She is a great cartel leader and one of the smartest characters within the whole series. Her intelligence can be rivaled to that of the FIB and IAA.
- Multilingualism: Catalina is fluent in English, Spanish, and possibly several other languages.
- She is about 5’9 and 125 lbs.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, she appears to have a more darker skin whereas in Grand Theft Auto III, she appears slightly pale than before. This implies that she had vitiligo (disease which causes the skin to lose its pigment color) in Liberty City. Many people also theorize that she may have "bleached" her skin, while others said that she is wearing makeup. Given the fact that she is a Hispanic woman, the reason why her skin turned whiter in GTA III is highly unknown.
- Even though she is a woman, similarly to certain male GTA characters such as Trevor Philips and Tommy Vercetti, there’s a chance that she has superhuman strengths and abilities, considering she jumped a long distance from a high position after shooting Miguel without getting injured.
- It's also possible that Catalina being psychotic allows her to have a high pain tolerance.
- By release order, Catalina is the first antagonist of the Grand Theft Auto 3D Universe. Chronologically, however, Catalina is the final antagonist of the 3D Universe.
- Catalina, alongside Dimitri Rascalov, are the only main antagonists that they will betray their allies to gain more power.
- Some fans assume that Catalina's full name is Catalina Vialpando as she is the cousin of Cesar Vialpando. However, this is unconfirmed, as she could be Cesar's cousin through the wife of a possible uncle.
- Catalina is the first antagonist to be female.
- Catalina - GTA Wiki