|“||Oh, you're a villain alright. Just not a Super One.||„|
|~ Megamind to Tighten.|
Supervillain is a villain who displays special powers, skills, or equipment powerful enough to be a typically serious challenge to a superhero. The term has largely been coined by comic books, where superheroes fight similar to super-powered Villains.
Supervillains exist not only in comic books from Marvel and DC Comics, and are expanded to other media (in fact the honor of the world's first supervillain has often gone to Professor Moriarty of Sherlock Holmes, who predates modern comic books by many years):
- Good examples of supervillains in comics books are Venom, the Joker, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, and the Shredder.
- Good examples of supervillains in movies are Elijah Price, Kevin Wendell Crumb, Richmond Valentine, and Poppy Adams.
- Good examples of supervillains in anime and manga are Frieza, Isaac Ray Peram Westcott, Cell, Kurumi Tokisaki, and Esdeath.
- Good examples of supervillains in cartoon are Dark Danny, Mojo Jojo, Syndrome, Yokai, Aku, Makuta Teridax, and Dr. Drakken.
- Good examples of supervillains in video games are Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, Ganondorf, Shao Kahn, Yuuki Terumi, Heihachi Mishima, and Dimentio.
IMPORTANT: note that supervillains only appear within productions with superheroes.
All items (3382)