- NOTE: Even though Cecil Turtle is not a villain in the original Looney Tunes cartoons, he is a villain in the 2011 Looney Tunes TV show called The Looney Tunes Show, and the 2015 Looney Tune movie "Rabbits Run".
|“||I told you rabbits aren't very bright.||„|
|~ Cecil's prediction of rabbits|
Cecil Turtle is a recurring character created by Tex Avery for the Bugs Bunny cartoon "Tortoise Beats Hare", where he was a heroic character who beats Bugs in a race by cheating with the help of his lookalike cousins and in "Tortoise Wins by a Hare", he defeated Bugs in their rematch with the help of his rabbit disguise as "rabbits aren't very bright." However, he is one of the main antagonists of The Looney Tunes Show (2011-2014) in the second season. He used to work in the local cable company as a customer service representative. He is Bugs Bunny's enemy by the racing tale known as The Tortoise and The Hare.
Cecil is quite dishonest, fraudulent, treacherous, manipulative and calculating trickster. Every Monday, he picks a customer of Visitron Cable and turns off their cable. He then waits for the customer to call and then he makes the process very painful including telling them someone will be there somewhere between 8:00 P\AM and 6:00 PM (the whole day) and then when the customer goes to the bathroom he knocks on their door and runs away leaving a sign that they missed him.
Cecil later reveals that he is an even worse character, ready to con people out of their money, by faking injuries and wearing a cracked shell, then tricking the people into handing over all their money. He was even apparently willing to murder to cover his secret. However, he was stopped by getting slingshotted by Daffy's recliner (it was sold and then bought by Cecil), cracking his real shell into a wall, claiming that he has two cracked shells. He got arrested in the end in the outro, vowing revenge on Bugs for ruining and ending his entire false injuries con spree.
Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run
Cecil also appears as a supporting antagonist in Rabbits Run. He has two Goons or bodyguards, until he is dismayed to find out that they are Instant Martians in disguise, working for Marvin. He is another craver for Lola's invisibility spray. He kidnapped Lola during the film and probably does not even mind to kill her along if he's going get paid for it.
|“||I gotta say, Cecil, you're a criminal mastermind.||„|
|~ Bugs Bunny showing Cecil's evil personality.|
|“||Oh, did I say there was good news? Mwah-ha-ha!||„|
|~ Cecil Turtle|
- He was fired from his job at Visitron Cable by Daffy, who in turn was fired for firing everybody. He was the only employee at Vistron Cable who deserved and had a reason to get fired because he was turning off Bugs' cable for no reason but his own sadistic fun.
- Bugs tricked him and got his cable turned back on shortly before getting fired by Daffy.
- In the original shorts, Cecil competed against Bugs in races and outsmarted Bugs to win. Unlike today, Cecil was the hero of the pictures and succeeded with his plans back then, that was part of the story of The Tortoise and Hare in the Aesop storybooks. He's the only character ever beaten and outsmarted Bugs Bunny three times in a row.
- Cecil ended up being the inspiration for Tyrone Turtle in Tiny Toon Adventures.
- Cecil sometimes has a face that looks like The Grinch's face.