|“||I told you rabbits aren't very bright.||„|
|~ Cecil's prediction of rabbits.|
|~ Cecil to Bugs.|
Cecil Turtle is a recurring character from the Looney Tunes franchise. He is a trickster turtle that serves as a occasionally advisory for Bugs Bunny, often racing him in plays on "The Tortoise and the Hare" fable.
Cecil serves as one of the main antagonists of The Looney Tunes Show, where he is a customer service representative and con artist in contrast to his earlier depictions in the classic cartoons.
Cecil was challenged by Bugs into a race for 10 dollars. Cecil secretly cheated by calling his identical cousins to fool Bugs and win the race.
Later, Cecil was challenged by Bugs to a rematch which Cecil literally tricked Bugs of turtles’ modern designs for the Rabbit gangsters to mistakenly think of Bugs as a turtle as well while Cecil used a rabbit disguise due to “rabbits not being very bright.” He won yet again.
Cecil was later challenged by Bugs to yet another race. But he used his rocket shell until he sees the speed limit and won by default while Bugs was disqualified and arrested by two police officers.
The Looney Tunes Show
Cecil is a villainous customer service representative and con artist in this series. Every Monday, he picks a customer of Visitron Cable and turns off their cable. He then waits for the customer to call and then he makes the process very painful including telling them someone will be there somewhere between 8:00 P\AM and 6:00 PM (the whole day) and then when the customer goes to the bathroom he knocks on their door and runs away leaving a sign that they missed him. However, he is eventually fired by Daffy Duck after coming in late and because he's the only employee left.
Cecil later reveals that he is an even worse character, ready to con people out of their money, by faking injuries and wearing a cracked shell, then tricking the people into handing over all their money. He was even apparently willing to murder to cover his secret. However, he was stopped by getting slingshot by Daffy's recliner (it was sold and then bought by Cecil), cracking his real shell into a wall, claiming that he has two cracked shells. Though he is arrested, he leaves vowing revenge on Bugs for ruining and ending his entire false injuries con spree.
Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run
Cecil also appears as a supporting antagonist in Rabbits Run. He has two goons or bodyguards, until he is dismayed to find out that they are Instant Martians in disguise, working for Marvin. He is another craver for Lola's invisibility spray. He kidnapped Lola during the film and probably does not even mind to kill her along if he's going get paid for it.
|“||I gotta say, Cecil, you're a criminal mastermind.||„|
|~ Bugs Bunny showing Cecil's evil personality.|
|“||Oh, did I say there was good news? Mwah-ha-ha!||„|
|~ Cecil Turtle|
- He was fired from his job at Visitron Cable by Daffy, who in turn was fired for firing everybody. He was the only employee at Vistron Cable who deserved and had a reason to get fired because he was turning off Bugs' cable for no reason but his own sadistic fun.
- Bugs tricked him and got his cable turned back on shortly before getting fired by Daffy.
- In the original shorts, Cecil competed against Bugs in races and outsmarted Bugs to win. Unlike today, Cecil was the hero of the pictures and succeeded with his plans back then, that was part of the story of The Tortoise and Hare in the Aesop storybooks. He's the only character ever beaten and outsmarted Bugs Bunny three times in a row.
- Cecil ended up being the inspiration for Tyrone Turtle in Tiny Toon Adventures.
- Cecil sometimes has a face that looks like The Grinch's face.