|“||KEEP EARTH HUMAN.||„|
|~ Cemetery Wind's motto.|
It is a secret black ops unit of the Central Intelligence Agency created by the Corrupt Official and retired C.I.A. agent, Harold Attinger. Even though they were hunting down the remaining Decepticons only, they had delusions of protecting Earth by also eliminating the Autobots.
Cemetery Wind was formed after the Battle of Chicago and the disbandment of NEST as the humans alliance with the Autobots had been terminated. They were tasked to eliminate any remaining Decepticons on Earth, while working along side with Optimus Prime and the Autobots when they are still allies with the government and president and ordered to leave the Autobots alones. But Attinger secretly disobeyed the President; he decided to launch an Anti-Autobot operation. He took advantage of his authority, made a deal with Lockdown, killing a vast number of the Autobots and Decepticons, delivering their remains to KSI to melt them down for materials to build their artificial, remote-controlled Transformers, make them a better world and killing anyone who discovered their operation. Deciding to function as a state police, they started offering financial rewards to ordinary civilians that report alien activity towards them.
Targeting the Autobots
Cemetery Wind successfully killed off Leadfoot and Ratchet before shipping their remains in to KSI, but failed to do so for Optimus. An off-screen battle explained by Lockdown was that Cemetery Wind and Lockdown were fighting him in Mexico City, having managed to shoot Optimus three times, but he was able to escape and fled the scene to avoid getting killed, causing an angered Lockdown to blame and reconsider his contract with Cemetery Wind.
Attempting to target the Yeager family and a car chase in Texas
Right before Optimus Prime went into hiding under the barn's floors, Cade Yeager's greedy, backstabbing friend Lucas Flannery turned Optimus in, but rather than getting the check, Lucas got guns pointed at his face when Cemetery Wind couldn't find Optimus and suspected Cade, Tessa and Lucas were all hiding the Autobot leader. Optimus refused to sacrifice Cade and Tessa's lives to further ensure his own safety, so he jumped out to attack Cemetery Wind, although he didn't have enough time to wipe them all out when Lockdown started chasing him. A chase erupted in the city with Cemetery Wind pursuing Cade, Tessa, Shane and Lucas. The humans successfully escaped by driving off a ramp and, except for Lucas who gets killed by Lockdown's grenade, manage to reconnect with Optimus to escape. Then, Attinger scolds and demerits his men for their failure to capture Optimus, not taking into account at all that Optimus was too biologically powerful to be captured by humans.
Conclusion and Disbandment
After the war in Hong Kong ended, and with both Attinger, Savoy and Lockdown's deaths, Cemetery Wind was terminated by the C.I.A, labeled as a terrorist organization and their crimes were finally exposed. It was presumed that the other Cemetery Wind Agents either have been killed or arrested for their crimes, as they are now No. 1 on the NSA, CIA, Interpol and FBI's most wanted list.
However, a new organization called the TRF (Transformers Reaction Force) was created from the remnants of dissolved CIA unit, Cemetery Wind, with the same intentions as its predecessor; destroy the entire factions of Transformers, both Autobots and Decepticons, hiding in Earth. However, unlike the Cemetery Wind, the TRF redeems itself and unites with Autobots to save the world before being disbanded at the end.
- Known Transformers labeled on Attinger's cards are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Sentinel Prime, Starscream, Ironhide, Shockwave, Wheeljack/Que, Mirage/Dino, Arcee (misspelled as "Acree"), the Driller, Garbagebot (misspelled as "Garagebot") and Loader.
- The latter two were retroactively established to be the identity two incidental Decepticons featured in Dark of the Moon Loader is stated to be the Superfund truck Decepticon by Ask Vector Prime. Meanwhile, Garbagebot is the identity of a garbage truck Decepticon resembling Long Haul
- Aside from Ratchet and Leadfoot, Cemetery Wind also killed Sideswipe, according to the Transformers: Age of Extinction Topps Europe collector cards.
- However, it is unknown if they killed Mirage or Roadbuster as neither of them returned in subsequent films after Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
- Fortunately, Mirage's card does not have a red square, possibly indicating that he is still alive. Meanwhile, Topspin is shown to be alive in Transformers: The Last Knight.