|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Cerberus unit are the main antagonistic group of the controversial videogame Manhunt. Their leader is the homicidal Cerberus Leader. The group is designed to protect Lionel Starkweather at any costs and eliminate every single threat.
They later capture him again and place him in the zoo where he has to go up against Wardogs to save his family and later against The Innocentz. Cash was supposed to be killed by The Smileys but he kills them, as well as the White Rabbit. Cerberus kills some SWAT members before they can destroy Lionel's plans and Cash is captured a final time and taken to the estate, where he finds Piggsy and escapes along with him. Piggsy kills some Cerberus members, allowing Cash to escape and get his revenge on Lionel.
Cash unfortunately has to kill Piggsy in order to take his chainsaw and have the final battle with the Cerberus. Cash finally kills the last of the Cerberus members in his way with Piggsy's chainsaw and then brutally kills Lionel.
It's unknown if James Earl Cash killed all of them or not. If any survived, it's most likely that they would be arrested by Carcer City's new police force after Cash kills Starkweather.
The Cerberus are Starkweather's private army hired to protect him and his Estate. They also help in the production of his snuff films by setting up cameras, blocking off streets and transporting Cash from location to location. They later mercilessly hunt for Cash in Starkweather's Estate.
The Cerberus are highly trained and efficient killers. Most of them appear to be from military backgrounds, as they have a great knowledge of military tactics, training and phrases.
They can be heard communicating in code and discussing military tactics to use against Cash.
Some Cerberus are also former government agents, and the experience that those individuals bring to the table is a testament to their overall high levels of professionalism and skill.
- James Earl Cash
- Cerberus' Protective Gear is heavily inspired by Kerberos Panzer Cops Trilogy.
- Cerberus bears a strong resemblance to HUNK from the Resident Evil franchise.
- Cerberus can be seen as a cameo in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Their name comes from the multi-headed dog of the same name from Greek mythology. The hound of Hades is the dog that guards the gates of the Underworld, which bears similarities to the group protecting the mansion and Starkweather.
- The Cerberus soldiers have a similar model to those of the GIGN soldiers encountered in one of the missions in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The only differences are the heads, the Cerberus having a gas mask and the Frenchmen wearing a normal helmet. Though the skins of either are differently colored, they both have the same components (backpack, a knee pad on the right knee and combat vest). The more interesting thing is some SWAT members, reusing the same models from the mentioned GIGN soldiers. GIGN themselves in Vice City, use beta models from SWAT members of the same game.
- The movie "Hobo With A Shotgun" has a faction known as The Plague which resemble the old Cerberus models from the concept arts.
- They have the most levels dedicated to them out of all the hunters in the original Manhunt, due to them being the hunters in 5 levels, while the rest have only 2 or 3.
- Their red armbands resemble the Nazi Party armbands but with a skull in place of a Hakenkreuz swastika.
- Voice actors for Cerberus include:
- Brian Maillard
- Julian Fletcher
- Michael Mulheren
- Hadley Tomicki
- John Zurhellen
- Navid Khonsari
- Paul Pinto
- Cash kills a total of 80 Cerberus members in Manhunt. Piggsy kills 6 members.
- Cerberus - Manhunt Wiki