This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Nature demands equilibrium. Balance is perfection.||„|
|“||Kronika must restore the balance that Raiden destroyed. Can you not see, he is the devil in these matters?||„|
Cetrion is the nature-based Elder Goddess of Light and Virtue and one of the two secondary antagonists (alongside Geras) of Mortal Kombat 11, and a supporting antagonist in its DLC story mode, Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath. Depending on her involvement with her mother's plans, she could also be one of the main antagonists of the entire franchise.
She is voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn of Silent Hill videogame fame, who also played Echidna in Devil May Cry 4, Nina Williams in the Tekken series, Alex Wesker in Resident Evil: Revelations 2, Dalia Margolis in 2016's Hitman, and Arihnda Pryce in Star Wars Rebels.
Mortal Kombat 11
First seen with the other Elder Gods telling Raiden about them being unable to stop Kronika from creating a New Era, she later turns her back on the Elder Gods, scolding Raiden upon his too late return to the Heavens when wanting to stop her mother.
She soon was discovered by both ninja masters Scorpion and Sub-Zero during their mission to rescue and enlist the preternatural ferryman Kharon, telekinetically holding a bridge made of numerous boulders and rocks across the bottomless Sea of Blood within the Netherrealm for the recruited demonic army to make their way to the Isle of Kronika to defend it against Raiden and his allies while Kronika finishes her work involving the mystical Hourglass.
She later appears again at the final climax against Liu Kang (reborn as a fire god) at her mother's Keep within the Isle of Kronika itself. During the fight, she loses because while she is as powerful as Liu Kang, she secretly questions her mother's plans. Despite this, she ends up sacrificing herself to strengthen the crowned Kronika and her power of Timecraft.
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath
Being somewhat human at appearance, Cetrion has lavender skin with green seaweed-like hair and green eyes. She wears a combination of green plants and crystals, presumably jade, tied with cord. A ring of the same crystal in her clothes also appears behind her.
Powers and Abilities
Cetrion is a member of the Elder Gods, godly beings that are only weaker than the Titans and the One Being. Contradictory how her brother uses more deathly powers, Cetrion uses the elements, such as earth, air, water, and fire. She can also combine elements to make things like ice, metal, magma, and energy. She can also use telekinesis, create force-fields, can levitate, and can grow in size.
Being an Elder Goddess herself, she can never truly be killed. However, upon giving up her life for Kronika's cause, she did end up dying which indicates that she can die at the hands of beings more powerful than her or if she chooses.
Through her moveset, Cetrion's fighting style is mostly based on zoning, keeping her opponent from engaging her in hand to hand combat. This can be seen from her combat techniques such as shockwaves, water beams, fast-moving tornadoes, projecting pure energy, and summoning metal blades and plant appendages, all of which enable her to either knock her opponents away or damaging them from distance. Even when fighting up close, Cetrion proves to be a worthy kombantant as she is at the least very capable of of destroying entire planets.
Mortal Kombat 11
- Cetrion's name and character are both quite likely based off of Ceres, the Roman name for Demeter, the Greek goddess of fertility and harvest. Another possible etymological fact is the Russian word četýre and its Slavic cognates, meaning four; in reference to the 4 classical elements of nature that Cetrion completely commands at will.
- There exists a namesake treasure of Cetrion's creation known as the Amulet of Cetrion, is found hidden within one of 25 Head Chests sitting at the row of spikes next to 25 head sculptures built on the siheyaun walls (between the Courtyard Cave and the old Courtyard arena) in front of the fabled Warrior's Shrine at the ruins of Shang Tsung's Island (alongside with the Amulet of Kronika found separately within the Courtyard's hidden Nakandan Shrine alonsidr the sacred Crown of Kronika secretly stored at Shang Tsung's Well of Souls inside Prince Goro's Lair on the said island) within the Lost Sea between Earthrealm and Outworld (only in Mortal Kombat's Krypt feature).
- Although an Elder God is frequently stated to be impossible to kill, Cetrion apparently dies when devotedly sacrificing herself to grant her awesome mysticl powers to her mother Kronika, (this act is similar to Raiden's hara kiri which releases an intense ethereal energy blast as a last ditch effort to slay Onaga the Dragon King, but he reforms later within Outworld after his death). **This suggests that only the Elder Gods themselves, the great Titans (of which Kronika is a member of), the One Being, or something akin to Fire God Liu Kang are capable of killing Elder Gods.
- Pre-Battle banter suggests that Cetrion was not truly killed and was channeled into the Hourglass. This information is likely to be non-canon, although this is specifically shared with Kitana—a potential survivor of Kronika's temporal Armageddon.
- It is a also probability to normal gods like Raiden, Elder Gods reform themselves after their death.
- Cetrion is the fourth female character to fly, those before her being Sindel, Nitara, and D’Vorah.
- Cetrion is the only character apart from Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe or the Injustice games that is aware of the existence of the DC Comics universe.