|“||These characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right...?||„|
|~ Phone Guy|
|~ Chica's character motto.|
|“||Let me show you how to break your face, and look like me!||„|
|~ One of Withered Chica's death quotes from Ultimate Custom Night.|
Chica the Chicken (known as Susie when human) is a major antagonist in the Five Nights at Freddy's series. She is a female yellow chicken animatronic with a bib that says "Let's Eat!!!".
She is a major antagonist in the first and second games, a posthumous antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, a minor character in Five Nights at Freddy's 4, a major antagonist in Ultimate Custom Night, and a posthumous antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted and Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, where she gets two skins named Liberty Chica and Scorched Chica. She also appears in both books and novels.
However, once the restaurant is plunged into the dark, she's a murderer who tries to stuff any employee she sees into an animatronic suit, which is not accommodating to human anatomy.
In fact, the robot is possessed by a child's soul, which explains her erratic and bloodthirsty behavior.
Chica is more steady and predictable than Bonnie, and slower moving, but more persistent, and inclined to wait outside the door to drain its power. She also has a curious habit of hiding in the kitchen and making a lot of loud noise like she was "playing"; or, perhaps, just fumbling around in the dark.
She is voiced by Darbi Logan in Ultimate Custom Night and Amber Lee Connors (who also provides the voice of Vernal in RWBY) in FNaF VR: Help Wanted.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality and Behavior
- 3 Biography
- 3.1 In the lore
- 3.2 In the games
- 3.3 Spin-offs
- 3.4 Books and Novels
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Navigation
In the first game, Chica appears as a tall, anthropomorphic yellowish chicken, with teeth in her large orange beak.
She has two enormous eyebrows overlooking two dark and sinister eyes, which reflect her inner madness while she stares at the player through the window.
Age, severe decay, and attempted retrofitting has taken a toll on Chica's appearance in the second game, and made her even more monstrous-looking.
She also lacks feminine features, making her supposed gender more androgynous. Like her original counterpart, she possesses unusual features for a chicken, such as teeth in her beak, and violet eyes.
Chica's eye sockets are much larger than even the eyes themselves, and she doesn't have any eyelids or eyebrows, which make her stare much more horrific than before.
Her beak has been reshaped and turned into a jaw like Freddy and Bonnie have, which seems to be completely unhinged. It is also more pointed, like that of an actual chicken in reality and she has even more teeth on her upper and lower beak. The upper part of her mask has been dislodged, and pulled up, making her eyeballs sink in, her endoskeleton's teeth more visible, probably from when she bit someone's head, leading to her being replaced with Toy Chica. The endoskeleton mouth is also clearly visible and covered in bloodstains.
She has two stumps where her hands use to be, with long wires pouring out. She also seems to often have her arms raised and stretched out if she is "T" posed. But she doesn't do this while in the Right Air Vent, as she is forced to hold them together to fit into the vent.
Personality and Behavior
The day, Chica appears as a joyful, harmless, nice, good-hearted and innocent robot, but the night, her persona turns into a considerably darker one's as she felt the urge to stuff the night guard into an endoskeleton suit. While chasing the player, she is a cunning and formidable opponent, albeit quite slow and considerably dimwitted as she make lots of noise each time she goes into the kitchen.
In the original game, she is the only enemy besides Freddy who attacks from the right, and can only be seen in the window. Chica is pretty rare and will not come at the door to The Office very often. Chica will only appear once or twice a night; sometimes two, rarely three. Chica will come in quicker than Bonnie, in about 5 seconds.
This is why she looks at the player through the window, though gives away the opportunity to her coming in by opening the door to see if she is there.
Like Bonnie, her killing of the player will occur if she's outside and the door isn't closed in time before it is broken. Otherwise, checking the camera will lead to a attack from Chica.
Chica can also disable the player's lights and doors. If this happens, she's already in the Office, hiding. Checking the cameras will trigger her animation and end the game. It is advised to close the door immediately if Chica is seen, while briefly checking the cameras for her.
Chica, like her friends, attacks only because she is possessed by a dead and vengeful child that wants to avenge herself and her friends by killing their killer. However, she doesn't know how their killer looks like, only that they're a night guard (heavily implied by the SAVE THEM minigame). Because of this, she attacks any night guard, hoping that one day, she'll find the one person. She was lured and killed by Afton claming that her dog isn't dead.
Chica is overall the most tragic of the original five animatronics, seeing as the way she was lured was the only one seen in-game.
In the lore
Before she became Chica, she was named Susie who attended a birthday party at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. At the party, her puppy got hit by a car (possibly the one of William Afton) and Spring Bonnie (William Afton in disguise) told her that he found her puppy, and made Susie follow him.
After that he lured four more children (Gabriel, Fritz, Jeremy, Cassidy) into a safe room where he brutally murdered them and hid their bloodied corpses inside soon-to-be-released animatronics, including Chica, who got Susie stuffed into her. The souls attached themselfes to the animatronics with the help of the Puppet. When the animatronics were released, parents were quick to ask about blood and mucus oozing from their eyes and mouths; and deemed the animatronics too creepy and smelly, causing the restaurant to close down.
Soon the 'new and improved' Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was opened, starring new versions of Freddy and Co. based on the creepy animatronics, known as the Toy Animatronics. The old ones were kept for parts, and would come to life at night, with the new models doing the same. Every night they attacked the night guards, hoping one of them would be the man that destroyed their lives. Jeremy Fitzgerald and Fritz Smith worked at this location in November of 1987.
Eventually this pizzeria was closed down in the summer of 1987 after somebody (William Afton) used one of the "yellow suits" once again for sinister purposes.
It was also forced to close even earlier as someone got bitten by an animatronic (probably Chica) in the summer of 1987.
A few years later, yet another pizzeria of the same name, was opened, this time only using the original animatronics (with modifications to their designs to improve upon the original scary appearances). They still attacked the night guards, just as before, and their behavior continued until the pizzeria closed for good after its popularity reached an all-time low.
Later, Afton and Shadow Freddy returned to Freddy's, and destroyed the animatronics, for unknown reasons. Instead, Afton unwittingly released the spirits of the first five children he murdered, who converged on him in the pizzeria's Safe Room, while Shadow Freddy simply left the pizzeria. In terror, Afton hid in the same Spring Bonnie suit he had worn decades earlier. Despite thinking he was safe, the suit's age caused it to malfunction and kill him, although the spirits were still trapped.
Fazbear's Fright and death
30 years later, Phone Dude brought the remains of Chica to Fazbear's Fright, a horror attraction. William was also brought there as Springtrap, now possesing the suit. The attraction burned down, destroying Chica once and for all. Susie was set free.
Henry Emily avenged Susie and her friends by killing Afton, seemingly for good.
A few years after that, Fazbear Entertainment makes a VR game with Chica in it. However, she isn't possesed.
Later, the Fazbear Funtime Service is established. Chica is a part of the Service, making her aggresive because of a virus. However, she isn't possesed due to being a clone. Or, clones, as there is an army of Chica's. She later gets a skin called Liberty Chica.
In the games
Five Nights at Freddy's
Chica is pretty rare and will not come at the door to the Office very often. In late nights, she plays a lesser role as Bonnie, Foxy, Freddy and even Golden Freddy actively start attacking the Office.
Nevertheless, she still pose a huge threat as she can distract the player from preventing more menacing animatronics to sneak into the Office such as Foxy or Freddy.
On the fifth night, she's heard, along the rest of the gang, trapping the Phone Guy into his cabin, although she didn't make the kill (Freddy did).
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
As 1987 was a period where fashion was important, this ugly old animatronic was replaced by a seemingly less menacing Toy Chica, a lot more attractive and svelte animatronic.
With the other old animatronics, Chica begins in the Parts/Service Room. If Bonnie moves, Chica's head can be seen in the room laying on the floor. When on the move, Chica will travel to the Party Room 4 and then Party Room 2, preparing to get through the vent.
She goes through the Right Air Vent, and like Bonnie, she completely bypasses the blind spot and enters the Office. The only way to prevent her from killing the player is to wear the Freddy's Mask before she gets into the office; however, if the player fails to wear the mask at time, Chica will attack.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
In the third opus, Chica does not physically appears, as she was eventually destroyed and left to rot. However, her ghost appears, and haunt the old abandoned restaurant.
The actual Chica also appears in the mini-game cut scenes where she is dismantled by the killer. Later, the soul of the dead child possessing her confronts the Killer along with the souls of the other children.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
- Main article: Nightmare Chica
A nightmarish version of Chica called Nightmare Chica appears haunting the child protagonist. The actual Chica appears in the mini-game cut scenes preforming at the open diner, but doesn't appear as an antagonist.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
Rather than appearing as herself in FFPS, Chica is majorly replaced with Funtime Chica and Rockstar Chica. Her human form appear in the Fruity Maze minigame showing her death, and her grave stone is shown in the Lorekeeper ending, revealing human name, Susie.
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
Chica returns as an enemy in FNaF VR: Help Wanted in the Five Nights at Freddy's and Parts and Service game modes. In the FNaF game mode, she behaves just like how she did in Five Nights at Freddy's, where she will approach the office from the right hallway and the player must close the right side door to prevent her from entering the office and killing the player. In her Parts and Service game mode, the player must dispose of slices of pizza stuck on Chica's body then open her beak to check for anything in there. Once the player presses two buttons on the side of Chica's head to open her beak, cockroaches will appear crawling out of Chica's body. The player must then spray the cockroaches will a chemical spray to dispose of them. After the cockroaches are gone. the player must then reattach Chica's arm, hand, and also Mr. Cupcake to her body. After they are reattached, more cockroaches appear which must once again be sprayed down with the chemical disinfectant. After that, Mr. Cupcake will hop off of Chica's plate and move around the room. Once Mr. Cupcake is caught and placed back where he belongs, the player must eat a slice of pizza and the game ends.
Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery
Chica appears in the AR game Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery as one as the animatronics the player can encounter and send after other players. Chica is one of the most common characters to encounter in the game. To avoid being jumpscared, the player must locate her static, look away while she haywires, and shock her when she charges and materializes. It is also possible, though unlikely, to obtain a Chica plush suit and CPU upon defeating her.
Chica appears in all of her forms from the first four games.
Ultimate Custom Night
Chica's classic, withered, nightmare, funtime, and rockstar incarnations appear in the Ultimate Custom Night, with Phantom Chica having a minor cameo.
Classic Chica is hiding in the Kitchen, clumsily knocking around pots and pans while listening to tunes from the music box. The player will not be able to see her but can hear the sounds of clanging cooking utensils, indicating she's still in there. However, If the noises stop, the player must quickly change the track playing on the music box or use the global music box; otherwise, Chica will leave the Kitchen to kill the player, and there is no stopping her once she leaves. Changing the tune while the noises are still going on will also cause her to kill the player.
Withered Chica crawls around in the vents, and, like other animatronics that lurk in the vents, can be stopped by a vent snare. The player should check the vents to see where Withered Chica is, and place the vent snare where she is headed. If she manages to reach the vent opening, she can get stuck, preventing other vent-based animatronics (except Mangle) from getting out and killing the player. Eventually, though, Withered Chica can break free from the vents and kill the player.
Freddy in Space 2
Chica appears in the game, being an obvious parody of Zero Suit Samus from the Metroid franchise.
Books and Novels
- Main article: Chica the Chicken (FNAF Books)
Chica returns in the non-canon Novel Trilogy and questionably canon Fazbear Frights.
† means that the character is deceased/destroyed (in case of animatronics) at the time of completion of any Five Nights at Freddy's games/novels. †? means that the character's fate is currently unclear or unknown.
Chica has ten counterparts:
- It is not known how Chica could restrain the nightguard in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, as she lacked hands and a moving jaw. Although, she could bite them with her endoskeleton jaws.
- In the sixth games lorekeeper ending has four graves which is allied like how 3's good ending of the four animatronics masks has the names of the missing children which is also kept in the third novel the fourth closet.The name of the child that haunts Chica is Susie in both games and novels.
- In FNAF 2, Chica has her arms held out in a t-pose, and only moves them up to crawl through an air-vent. she may be stuck like that, or consciously holding them out, possibly because she was programmed to be a cheerleader, but it is just a theory.
- However, a more possible explanation for this is that her servos are locking up due to her being turned off for too long.
- Chica has a second set of teeth, which have been confirmed by the creator of the game to originally be part of her endoskeleton.
- As revealed in this video, Chica's scream is a heavily modified version of an actual child's scream. It has been proposed that the robots may be possessed by the child victims of William Afton before it was confirmed.
- If Chica is in the security room whilst you are checking the camera, you can hear a raspy breathing voice alerting you that she is there. Surprisingly enough, it sounds like a child breathing, which would imply that the mascots may be the children spiritually trapped inside.
- Chica's attire is the only attire with words.
- Chica is the only animatronic whose jaw is not separate from her head due to her mouth's design. in FNaF 2, however, her jaw and head are separate, and actually appear to be stretched far apart, exposing much of her endoskeleton's jaws and teeth.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, Withered Chica's endoskeleton jaws are covered in bloodstains. This feature is not on any other animatronic or another part of her endoskeleton, making it more than likely that she caused the bite of '87.
- Unlike Bonnie and Freddy when the power's out, she stares at the player through the window instead of the door.
- "Chica" is Spanish for "girl" or "cutie".
- Chica has be mistaken many times to be a duck (mainly from Markiplier) but is actually a chicken. in FNaF 2, she is given a more pointed beak, and thus is easier to identify as a chicken.
- In FNaF 2, Chica is even more horrific-looking, appearing to vomit up her endoskeleton. It is likely her mask was pulled up, loosened, and it exposed her inner row of teeth, and caused her eyes to sink in. This may have happened during attempted retrofitting or more likely, her jaws were dislocated from biting someone. she also appears to have no hands, but this could be because her lower arm sections are longer than those on Freddy, bonnie and Foxy, this would obstruct the movement of Chica's wrist joints.
- At the end of Night 6 of Five Nights at Freddy's 2, the older Chica, along with the other older animatronics, are kept for a possible reopening of the pizzeria, even if on a smaller budget.
- She and Golden Freddy are the only original animatronics not to feature in any teaser of Five Night's at Freddy's 2.
- Chica's backstory is the same as the novel, as it was revealed in The Fourth Closet, while in her human form, she thinks William was her friend by finding her puppy.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's 4, when playing as the Crying Child in the mini-games, a girl looking identical to Susie, before her death, can be seen playing with toys of the animatronics. However, it is unknown if they're the same, and still remains a theory.
- It is theorized that William experimented on the girl's dog, turning it into Mangle.
- There was a theory which states that Chica loves eating pizza.
- The theory was eventually confirmed in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, where in the Pizza Party level Chica is seen eagerly approaching an open box of pizza. However, due to her being an animatronic the pizza begun rotting inside of her and attracted cockroaches, as evident in her repair level.
- Fans have joked about Scorching Chica's cupcake being dead.