|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||It's not like you can stop God's march. The church is a conduit, Efrain, not a heart. God lives in the heart of every real American, and doing what you're gonna do will only embolden God.||„|
|~ Elder Rockwell to Agent Rodríguez from SCP-3178.|
The Children of the Scarlet King started out as a imperial cult in the Daevite Empire which served and worshipped the Scarlet King in the ancient times. Following the destruction of the empire, the cult was able to survive in the modern age and eventually as part of their plan to bring their god to their reality they kidnapped seven young girls (or six depending on canon) and impregnated them via some occult ritual. When the cult was raided by the police, one of the girls gave birth to something that prompted the SCP Foundation and the Global Occult Coalition to step in. The six other girls were detained by the Foundation, but five more births, and with that five more disasters, occurred. Currently only the last girl, SCP-231-7, remains, and it is believed if she gave birth, a XK-class "End Of The World Scenario" might occur.
More information about the cult was revealed in the GOC case file KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes. The GOC refers to the cult as GROUP MENDES, and knows about at least six cells of the organization: three in North America, two in Eastern Europe and one in North Africa. Most of the members of the cult are from the lower classes of society, with the group having several wealthy backers as well. The group is also linked to other radical anomalous groups.
The main cell, located in Alabama, USA, presents itself as a standard right-wing Millennialist fire-and-brimstone Christian church, while it's inner circle reveals the true dogma: the worship of the ancient low-level elder god known as the Scarlet King, who is also possibly the Devil. The cult apparently believes that the king can win the battle of Armageddon, where it would destroy the planet, and allow the members of the cult to rule over the post-apocalyptic landscape.
The group's dogma also includes a philosophy of "enlightenment through violation", which is speculated to resemble the rituals of Sarkicism, meaning vile acts rape, pedophilia, human sacrifice and cannibalism could be part of the dogma, as is thaumaturgy (magic). The GOC also describes them as "psychopathic demon-worshipers", who also have knowledge and access to at least one or more anomalous artifact/entity. The cult also became enemy with the Serpent's Hand, since the Children had raided the Wanderer's Library despite having matching ideologies about breaking the Veil.
The current numbers of this group is speculated to be around 8000 actual cultists, and at least 60 000 "Second Amendment Activist" Christians, who have a paranoid mistrust of secular governments, and who are ready to defend themselves (and the actual cultists) through violent means. The group has gathered massive amounts of wealth, weapons and anomalous objects over the years, to the point in which the GOC cannot destroy them in secret.
Others believe that group simply just want to serve the King in his conquest to wipe out all reality, similar to the cult of Cthulhu, wanting to both help and witness the cosmic destruction that he causes.
The Children of the Scarlet King was thought dissolved in 2018 after a joint operation by the Foundation and the GOC, during which both the Seventh Bride and the group's leader Dipesh Spivak were taken into custody. However, the cult secretly lived on, with Elder Rockwell spreading the Scarlet King worship throughout America, while being aided by Orvo under the guise of "Mr. Green".
The Fourth Reich of the Obskurakorps has recruited several individuals from the far-rightist groups, which included some members of the Children of the Scarlet King. Later the cult joined General Bowe's Foundation Elimination Coalition, a group dedicated to bring down the SCP Foundation for good and break the veil of secrecy, and successfully took over Site-19 along with other sites. However, the Foundation was able to defeat the Coalition which disbanded after the Foundation sites were retrieved.
- Prior to the confirmation on the connection between the cult and the Daevites, there have been several hints which alluded to their connection. The tale "New Job" described an ancient Daevite Tablet was a theogony for the Scarlet King and his Brides, which could explain the seven kidnapped girls. The brides themselves gave birth to monsters that serve the King, similar to the seven girls. This could also explain the resemblance to Sarkicism, as it's followers also originated from the Daevites, which could explain some of the similar practices.
- When the Foundation used SCP-475, a soap that produces a liquid that is seen as holy by the person who came in contact with the object, on a member of the Children, it produced the blood of a Sperm Whale and said member was transformed into an advanced variant of the DV-BIO Type, Daevite transformations, resembling a Colossal Squid.
- SCP-5952, a member of the Imit population which nearly went extinct following a war against the Daevites, tried to save the students from the WWSCSTT school, a religious rehabilitation school for delinquent girls overseen by Elder Rockwell which in actuality forced its students to worship the Scarlet King. This further enforced the connection between the Children and the Daevas.
- In "To The Sickest Bastard i Knew" it's revealed that the Children of the Scarlet King were the original owners of SCP-2121 and used it to hang "heretics" within their communities before the Horizon Initiative got hold of the noose.
- In "Ambrose Makiling" a member of the cult expressed great satisfaction from the demon food and service of the Ambrose Restaurant.
- The cult possesses several components of SCP-5008, a Mekhanite machine used by the Erikeshans to keep the worship of the Scarlet King from spreading.
- It was stated by the author that in the tales "When We Came Home" and "The Real Adventures in Capitalism" the reason why the a Foundation researcher helped summon the Scarlet King was because the Foundation was possibly compromised by the Children.
Canon SCP Beings
SCPs In Video Games