If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good! Good!||„|
|~ Cioccolata to Secco after recording the pain of his victims on a camera.|
|“||Show me your face! Show me your despair! Let me see the look on your face at the moment your hope burns out and your life reaches its end! Show me your despair as you fall!||„|
|~ Cioccolata to Giorno after nearly killing him.|
Cioccolata is a minor antagonist in the fifth arc of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Golden Wind. He is a member of Diavolo's Guard Squad, along with his partner Secco and one of the final enemy Stand users that Bucciarati's team face before the Boss.
He was voiced by Naoya Uchida in All Star Battle, Ryuzou Ishino in the PS2 game GioGio's Bizarre Adventure and Atsushi Miyauchi in the anime adaptation who also voiced Vinsmoke Niji.
Cioccolata and Secco are first mentioned by Diavolo when he tells Doppio that there is no other choice but to turn to them in order to stop Buccelati's Gang at Rome. Diavolo orders Doppio to look after them, knowing that they would cause mayhem and destruction throughout the city. When Bucciarati and the rest strand on Rome, they notice that all of the people around the harbor are either dead or dying because of Cioccolata's stand, Green Day, that inflicts deadly mold on living organisms. Cioccolata himself is observing from a distance in glee while Secco records everything on a videotape. Narancia and Trish are inflicted by the mold but they manage to strand without it spreading any further.
When Bucciarati manages to hijack a car, Cioccolata takes on a helicopter to fly above the city so that he could spread the mold even further which results in mass casualties around Rome. After noticing that Bucciarati is unaffected by the mold, Secco challenges him on a duel while Giorno and Mista decide to take on Cioccolata himself. Giorno uses his Gold Experience to turn Sex Pistols' bullets into vines and manages to reach Cioccolata's helicopter. Cioccolata sneaks up on Giorno by severing himself to pieces and then knocks Giorno off the heli.
Giorno has an ace up his sleeve, as he uses one of the Pistols' bullets to hit Cioccolata in the head, mortally wounding him and causing the helicopter to trap on the vines. Cioccolata pretends dead, only to use his severed hand to sneak up on Mista and threatening to slit his throat. Fortunately, Giorno had turned the bullet inside Cioccolata's head into a stag beetle which destroys his head and brain from the inside. Giorno then finishes Cioccolata, beating him with Gold Experience within an inch of his life until pieces of his flesh start flying, before knocking him off the roof and into a combustible garbage disposal truck, killing the vile gangster for good.
|“||And the second situation where you feel happiness is when you look down on someone as they fall into despair!||„|
Powers and AbilitiesCioccolata's stand, Green Day, has many similarities with Fugo's Purple Haze, but instead of toxins, it has the ability to destroy the flesh of living organisms using a freshly produced mold. The said mold causes the victim tremendous pain and agony as their body falls apart slowly. This power has a drawback however, since the mold can only spread further when the user moves to a higher altitude than the victim. The higher the altitude, the faster the spread. Things that are not living, have the immunity to this power as the mold cannot be produced on lifeless subjects. Cioccolata can also use the mold on himself, which doesn't kill him but allows him to amputate himself one limb at a time and then close all of the blood vessels to prevent bleeding, meaning that he can also reanimate his limbs while in pieces by having the mold connect all the nerves. Unlike Purple Haze, which inflicts the virus within a 10 meter radius, Green Day has a seemingly infinite range, as the mold can spread from one corpse to another. This makes its ability very dangerous in largely populated areas, causing massive amounts of carnage and destruction in a cataclysmic fashion.
- Cioccolata is in fact so deranged and repulsive that everyone in the organization despises him. Even the Boss refers to him and Secco as scum and feels digusted with himself for asking their assistance. This, however, seems more like a pragmatic reason as Diavolo hates Cioccolata because of his chaotic nature which is bound to get him unwanted attention, yet he still dispatches him upon Bucciarati's crew despite the mass civilian casualties.
- Araki originally created Cioccolata as a substitute character for Pannacotta Fugo who was originally going to betray Bucciarati's group by revealing himself as the mole. This was eventually scrapped as Araki thought that the tone of the part was already grim enough and thus wrote him out of the story. Cioccolata's Stand powers are partially based on Fugo's.
- Cioccolata suffers the longest beatdown in the entire series which lasts for seven pages in total (30 seconds in the anime), surpassing even Steely Dan, whose beating lasted three pages (roughly 20 seconds in the anime).
- Cioccolata is similar to The Dark Knight incarnation of the Joker whose sadism is played realistically and exaggerated.
- In the manga, it was never shown who exactly murdered Sorbet and Gelato as a punishment for La Squadra trying to find out about the Boss' identity but it was presumed that he sent one of his hitmen after them. In the anime, it was shown that Cioccolata was the one to commit the deed through a cameo sequence where his distinctive silhouette is brutally slicing Sorbet alive while Gelato is forced to watch.
- Cioccolata is considered to be the darkest and most evil villain in the JoJo Franchise, due his personality, history and actions. He is the only character aside from Pucci and Dio to attempt to cause deaths in the millions as he attempts to kill everyone in Rome, in contrast J. Geil and Angelo only caused deaths in the dozens.
- Green Day's lower body is never shown in the original manga. The PS2 game, which adapts the story, gave it a slug-like foot whereas the anime adaptation gave it regular human feet.