Cloud Man is a Robot Master who officially debuted Mega Man 7: Showdown of Destiny!!, where he appears as one of the eight Robot Master bosses. Cloud Man bears DWN-052 as his serial number. His original purpose was weather control, but Doctor Wily stole him and modified him for combat in order to advance his next plan, removing Cloud Man's rainfall equipment and boosting his lightning equipment. Cloud Man's special weapon is the Thunder Strike. This weapon summons a powerful thunderbolt called a Thunder Bolt that zaps targets with a powerful shock. While Rock can just fire the Thunder Bolt from his Mega Buster, Cloud Man needs to use his weather control device to summon clouds that fire the projectile.
Cloud Man is an opportunist who tends to be lazy sometimes while also liking the rain. He is a bit of an attention whore when it comes to his powers. He likes to look for and discover rare and shiny metals in his spare time and dislikes lightning rods due to the fact that when lightning strikes, the bolt tends to hit the rod instead of the intended target.
His Rockman & Fote CD data reads:
- Good point: Opportunistic
- Bad point: Couch potato
- Likes: Rainy season (US), precious metals (JP), navel (JP)
- Dislikes: Lightning Rod
Cloud Man is orange in colour. He has a plump, onion-esque body. His vehicle is covered in clouds that resemble a Lakitu's cloud though without the eyes, and his back has Taiko drums that allow Cloud Man to control the weather and attack. His Thunder Strike's Thunder Bolts are yellow and their sprite's outline is purple.
In the Game
Cloud Man is the fourth of Doctor Wily's Robot Masters from Mega Man 7. They and Wily were unleashed to bring the world into Wily's control, but they and Wily himself were defeated. While he was operational, Cloud Man haunted a fortress in the sky.
When he enters the scene, Cloud Man greets Rock by pointing towards the sky.
Cloud Man can use his Thunder Strike to fire Lightning Bolts into the stage. These Lightning Bolts launch energy spheres that travel to the edges. Cloud Man's second attack has him summon winds to shove Rock into the pit. Rock has to run away from the pit to keep his footing, but if they collide, Cloud Man will shove Rock away with his might, sapping the Blue Bomber's health away. He can also attempt to chase Rock, who can slide underneath the vehicle Cloud Man is piloting.
Cloud Man is weak to the Danger Wrap. If hit, he loses control of his ship, which loses the cloud covering, falls to the ground, and pins Cloud Man down, draining some of his stamina. He will then recover and lift off again.
Upon defeat, Cloud Man loses control of his ship which self-destructs, taking Cloud Man with it. Rock then gets his hands on the Thunder Strike.
- Cloud Man is the first Robot Master to use a vehicle in the game. He uses a ship that can generate a cloud covering that resembles a Lakitu's Cloud.
- CLoud Man is the sixth AirMan-type Robot Master, following Blizzard Man and preceding Magma Man.
- During his intro, Cloud Man loses a finger on one of his hands.
- If you fire a Danger Wrap into the room, Cloud Man will lose control of his vehicle and fall, but takes Rock with him as punishment by firing two Lightning Bolts and making the Blue Bomber fall to his doom.
- Firing a Freeze Cracker at the clouds within his stage can cause the clouds to rain down snow, making the level easier.