|This scum Cogs (Toontown Online) is driving Cruella insane!|
IT MUST BE REWRITTEN OR ADDED TO!!
So sayeth the great Lord of Darkness Sauron, or he will send Darth Vader to terminate you.
Help improve this article by rewriting, expanding, updating the poorly written text of the article. ✓
|“||Welcome to the place Toons call home. Sadly, trouble is brewing in Toontown... Robot Cogs are trying to take over and put an end to all Toons' fun.||„|
|~ Toontown's Online Trailer.|
|“||It was all slapstick and seltzer in Toontown until robot businessmen invaded the town to create their own corporations and put an end to all fun. Luckily -- they can't take a joke!||„|
|~ Toontown Rewritten's trailer.|
The Cogs are the primary antagonists of the 2003 MMORPG Disney's Toontown Online. They are an organization of robots who want to turn Toontown into a corporate wasteland. They use attacks based on business terms to make the toons go sad and take over toon buildings to turn them into cog buildings.
Before the events of the game, Gyro Gearloose created a giant robot that was not finished at the time. Scrooge McDuck visited Gyro only to find he was not there, but stumbled across the giant robot. Believing that the giant robot could help Toons and give him lots of money, Scrooge activated the robot, only for the incomplete robot to malfunction and go haywire. The robot then proceeded to create the Cogs, which were ordered to attack Toontown. The giant robot then attacked Scrooge and captured him. It was up to the toons of Toontown to save the day. During the Toon elections between Flippy and Slappy, the cogs invaded and captured Slappy. After a long battle between the Cogs and Toons, the toons emerged victorious after defeating the Director of Ambush Marketing and the invading cogs. The cogs cannot enter the playgrounds, but they roam the streets fighting Toons with the goal of taking over Toontown, but to no sign of success. Toons use gags to fight the Cogs. The Cogs cannot take a joke and good gags can put an end to them. There are 7 kinds of gags, consisting of Toon-Up, Trap, Lure, Sound, Throw, Squirt, and Drop. These can be utilized for a variety of strategies.
Meanwhile, the Cogs can also use all sorts of moves and skills, which are often called business moves. Examples include Paradigm Shift, Power Trip, and Tee Off. When a Cog hits a Toon they will lose Laff, which functions as health in the game. When Laff goes to zero, the Toon turns sad and teleports back to the playground.
Powers and Abilities
The Cogs have the following abilities during battle and outside of battle.
- Business Attacks: The Cogs can use Business terms to attack Toons during battle.
- Flight: The Cogs can fly around Toontown to get form one playground to the other.
- Intelligence: The cogs have shown to be far more intelligent then the Toons.
- Immense strength: The cogs have shown to be very strong as they are able to shake the ground when jumping up and down causing earthquakes.
- Pyrokinesis: Some cogs have shown to be able to generate little balls of flames
- Durability: The cogs have shown to be able to endure toontanic's and piano's being dropped on them at high rate of speed
The Cogs have 4 different departments Sellbot, Cashbot, Lawbot and Bossbot they have 4 leaders respectively.
- The Chairman the rumored Leader of all Cogs. He possibly resides in Cog Nation or either the Executive Office Tower in the Bossbot HQ.
- Senior Vice President of Sales. or the VP is the leader of the Sellbots. He is responsible for the Sellbot Factory and Buildings. He resides in the Sellbot Towers in Sellbot HQ.
- Chief Financial Officer: or the CFO is the leader of the Cashbots and manages financial issues and money. He resides in the Cashbot Vault in Cashbot HQ
- Chief Justice: or the CJ is the leader of the Lawbots. He is responsible for dealing with legal issues and sentencing toons. He Resides in the Lawbot Court house in Lawbot HQ.
- Chief Executive Officer. And finally we have the CEO, who is the leader of the Bossbots. He is in charge of making corporate decisions for the cogs. and managing the resources. He resides in the clubhouse of Bossbot HQ.
- The Cogs were called The Suits during the beta test of the game.
- The 4 types of cogs, Bossbot, Lawbot, Cashbot, and Sellbot- probably represent the four basic parts of capitalism: business, law, finance, and commercial marketing, respectively.
- Cogs are referenced in the DuckTales reboot, written on a list of Gyro Gearloose's inventions that turned evil in the episode "The Great Dime Chase!".
- Although cogs are robots and most appear masculine, some cogs appear to look feminine. Examples include Name Dropper, The Mingler, Number Cruncher and Micromanager.