|“||Yarrrr! Egg hurt Conga!||„|
Conga is a giant ape and the first boss in Banjo Kazooie. Banjo and Kazooie first encountered and fought Conga while they were exploring Mumbo's Mountain. Conga is a huge gorilla who wears a red shirt with black trousers and shoes.
When Banjo and Kazooie trespass in Mumbo's Mountain where Conga's tree is, he begins to throw oranges at them.
After they learn how to shoot Blue Eggs Banjo and Kazooie could fight him.
All they had to do was to avoid Conga tossing oranges and they had to shoot Blue Eggs at him three times.
After the duo complete this procedure he'll give up and give them a Jiggy. However, if Banjo and Kazooie trespass on his property, he'll throw oranges at them again.
In Banjo-Tooie, Conga is the Ringmaster for the big top in Witchyworld. He won't let anyone pass by unless if Banjo and Kazooie give him four tickets. If Banjo and Kazooie manage to find 4 tickets, he'll let them by, only to have them fight Mr. Patch. However, Conga refuses to let them as if they haven't learned the Airborne Egg Aiming ability. He also refused to let them enter if Banjo's alone, Kazooie's alone, or if they are Van Banjo. Conga's current location is unknown.
- Although Conga does not appear directly in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, he is directly referenced to the Citrus Slick vehicle part, which shoots oranges that slow down other racers. "Brave Mumbo steal Conga's oranges to invent this."
- He is the character who possesses the most Jiggies in Banjo-Kazooie with two.
- It is unknown whether he intentionally set up the fight against Mr. Patch in Banjo-Tooie. If so, he presumably did it for revenge. However, if he did it for revenge, the question is why he refuses to let the pair in unless they know Airborne Egg Aiming.
- Conga uses the same soundbyte as Donkey Kong.
- Conga's carnival hat is available as a downloadable accessory for the first Viva Piñata game.
- When you are in Mumbo's Mountain and come to his tree in Termite Banjo form, he will call himself "Congo" rather than his real name. It's possibly a typo.