|This villain was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being heinous enough or lacks what is necessary to be a Pure Evil villain. Therefore, this villain shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed villains rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same evil-doer. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PE villains.|
Any act of adding this villain to the Pure Evil category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this villain without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|“||I'm Cozy Glow. It's very nice to meet you, but I don't know if I'll stay long. I'll probably flunk out. I'm having so much trouble with my friendship lessons.||„|
|~ Cozy Glow introducing herself to the CMC.|
|“||You know, you ponies got it all wrong. Friendship isn't "magic". Friendship is power! With Twilight and her lackeys out of my way, all of Equestria will bow to me: The future… Empress of Friendship!||„|
|~ Cozy Glow revealing her true nature.|
|“||And now for your COMPLETE DESTRUCTION!! Won't that be fun?||„|
|~ Cozy Glow showing her destructive personality to the Mane 6.|
Cozy Glow is one of the main antagonists of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She appears as the main antagonist of Season 8, first appearing in the episode "Marks for Effort", and then finally reveals her true nature in the finale, "School Raze". She's also one of the three main antagonists of Season 9 (alongside Queen Chrysalis and Tirek). She is also the former friend and now one of Twilight Sparkle's archenemies.
Cozy Glow was once a friend of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the Young Six, and the former top student of Twilight Sparkle's School of Friendship as well as her Friendship Assistant. But then she revealed to also be Lord Tirek's protégé, who plotted to get rid of Twilight and her friends so that she can take her school and use it to rule Equestria. After she was stopped and exposed, she was then expelled from the school and imprisoned in Tartarus alongside her mentor, who became Twilight's new archenemy. Then they were released by "Grogar", (who was actually Discord in disguise) to join the Legion of Doom, but were ultimately defeated and petrified by the end of the series.
She was voiced by Sunni Westbrook.
Cozy is a Pegasus filly with a salmon-pink coat, auburn eyes, a cyan mane, and tail that are both decorated with a white bow and white freckles on either cheek. She has a brown rook for a cutie mark.
After using the Bewitching Bell to become an alicorn, Cozy Glow gains larger wings and a long horn, along with a white chest plate.
When she first appeared, Cozy appears to act rather sweet, cute, innocent, kindhearted, and naive. She constantly displays a supposed fear of failing the class and shows immense respect for Princess Twilight and the other members of the Mane Six. After becoming Twilight's friendship assistant, she displayed an amount of confidence and compassion that allowed her to have full influence over most of the other students. Her intentions are soon revealed to not be friendly, however, due to subtle hints in her character, it is implied that this entire behavior is actually a front for a mysterious agenda, which is confirmed in the finale of the eighth season.
As predicted, this was all a facade to hide her true nature: a selfish, manipulative, tyrannical, and narcissistic child who would do anything to get what she wants by any means necessary. Unlike the other villains in the series, who all believed friendship to be weak or meaningless, Cozy Glow knows full-well about the power of friendship from learning in Twilight's School of Friendship. Unfortunately, she was far too obsessed with the "power" aspect to understand, or even care about, how real friendship worked. Because of this, she viewed friendship as simply a tool to exploit for her own gain and believed that the more "friends" she possessed, the more "powerful" she was. To this end, she was willing to betray anyone, even those who were her closest friends, ask advice from one of the evilest villains in history, and even bring ruin to her own home country; all just to become headmare of Twilight's school, believing that it will allow her to gather more "friends" than anyone else, and thus become the most powerful pony in Equestria. Also, she had no real respect for Twilight or her friends, as she never took any of their lessons to heart and even scoffed at the values of honesty, loyalty, generosity, etc., believing that she can easily make more friends without having to use any of them. In addition, she showed signs of prejudice against non-ponies, having said hurtful things about the Young Six's races and even used them as scapegoats for her evil plan. She also showed extreme frustration when things don't go according to her plans or if others won't obey her or take her seriously, such as when Chancellor Neighsay arrived at Twilight's school to take it over himself, or when the rest of the students ran away instead of continuing to fight the Young Six. Even after failing to take over Twilight's school and being imprisoned in Tartarus, she felt no remorse for her actions and still held on to her ambitions and continued her insane quest to gain power through "friendship", starting with her cohort and new cell-mate: Lord Tirek.
After being exposed as a villain, Cozy becomes more open with her villainy, though she still uses her charms and false innocence against those unfamiliar to her. When "Grogar" summons her and the other villains to his lair to join forces so that they can destroy the Mane Six and conquer Equestria, she becomes excited by the idea while Chrysalis and Tirek are less than thrilled. She even takes it upon herself to help the two understand the importance of cooperating with others to achieve their goals by singing a song about how she and the other villains can work together to make the heroes suffer, though she still constantly attempts to establish herself as their superior. She still becomes angry and spoiled when others won't do as she intends of them, such as when Rusty Bucket refused to help her up the mountain, even when they became "friends". Also, she takes great pride in her charming appearance, considering it the hallmark of her character; When Tirek pointed out her true personality despite her visage, she hypocritically claims that she is "cute and loveable" above all else. In addition, she has no value for her kind's traditions or holidays, even going as far to disrupt them for her own gain and be disappointed when they managed to save it.
Despite her belief in cooperation, Cozy still greatly enjoys betraying others, such as when she takes part in betraying "Grogar" with Tirek and Chrysalis, and when she attempts them later on by taking Discord's chaos magic. She would also take delight in turning others against each other, like how she participated in turning the pony tribes against each other in order to weaken the magic of friendship, and thus Twilight and her friends as well. Cozy is also quite proud of her intelligence, as she boasted how the princesses rely so much on their magic instead of their minds, and is shown to be quite murderous compared to her co-conspirators, as she insisted on destroying the heroes as soon as they were captured.
Powers, Abilities and Weaknesses
Being a small Pegasus filly, Cozy Glow has no physical attributes other than being able to fly, so she must rely on her wits to accomplish her goals. She has used her charm and cuteness to manipulate the Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer and the CMC and have them unwittingly play into her hooves. She is a skilled liar and faker, having successfully convinced the CMC that she needed help with her exam, when in fact she had failed it on purpose, and faking remorse when she confesses to having done so. With these skills, Cozy effectively turned the entire student body of Twilight's school into her personal army. She is also perceptive enough to know when somepony-else is trying to deceive her, as she tricked the CMC and locked them in a closet when they attempted to distract her. Cozy Glow also has limited knowledge of magical artifacts thanks to her pen-pal Tirek, having used six of them in conjunction with one another to take all of Equestria's magic and send it another realm.
In The Summer Sun Setback, Cozy Glow was able to pick a lock using a paper clip to break into the Canterlot Archives along with Tirek and Chrysalis, implying that she has experience as a thief.
In The Ending of the End, she used the Bewitching Bell to transform herself into an alicorn, thus gaining all the same attributes of one, such as enhanced flight, durability and magic. She was able to shoot powerful energy beams, construct strong force-fields and even create portals. And unlike Twilight and Flurry Heart, she was somehow able to control her alicorn magic easily. However, she was no match for the likes of Celestia and Luna, which is why she used the bell to drain their magic instead of facing them head-on. Also, her physical strength didn't change much, which allowed the strong Applejack to lasso her to the ground easily.
After absorbing Discord's chaos magic, she became even more powerful than before, but was unable to control it, forcing her to surrender it.
Aside from her physical weakness, Cozy's biggest weakness is her complete inability to understand the real concept of friendship. Seeing it as merely a means to an end, this has caused her to underestimate her opponents and the true camaraderie that they share.
Cozy Glow and Lord Tirek share a very strong relationship, as she is Lord Tirek's protégé and partner in crime. It is unknown how they actually met, but Cozy Glow and Lord Tirek began writing letters to each other on occasion. It is also unknown why Cozy Glow decided to contact Tirek, but it is possible she wanted one of Equestria's biggest enemies to help her with her own schemes in erasing all the magic of Equestria. There is no indication if she knew Tirek before the events of "Marks for Effort", her debut episode. But it is very possible she learn about him in the School of Friendship and begins to contact him that way. She even hardly knew his name in the Season 8 finale. After Cozy's plan failed, she was taken to Tartarus to be imprisoned in the cell next to Tirek's cell. Once she is there, she finally met Tirek in person and asked if she wants to be her friend, smirking evilly. During her time there, she tries to befriend Tirek many times, even making him a sculpture of the two of them. Tirek grew irritated by her as he knows she is trying to manipulate him, as he himself is a manipulator.
Later, Tirek and Cozy were released from Tartarus by "Grogar" and join his team of villains to conquer Equestria. Cozy Glow does not mind teaming up with the villains as she sees this as a way to befriend them, much to the annoyance of Chrysalis and Tirek. Cozy Glow has tried many times to be "friendly" towards Tirek but he gets annoyed by her, which causes them to bicker and fight. Cozy finally had enough of Tirek in a scene in "Frenemies" where she snaps at him, getting irritated by his ego, intelligence, and selfishness. Cozy even taunts Tirek over the fact that he talks to his grandmother in his sleep, which causes Tirek to lash out at her before they were interrupted by an Ophiotaurus. The creature attacked them before they were saved by Queen Chrysalis. Tirek and Cozy calmed down after that and then they share their thoughts and feelings about their enemies and the times they tried to conquer Equestria. Tirek even questioned Cozy's plan to rid all of the magic of Equestria. Cozy explained it will be worth it just to see Twilight and her friends bow to her, to which Tirek agrees. They finally put their hatred for each other aside and manage to work together to claim the Bewitching Bell and succeeded. However, they soon plot to use the bell to betray "Grogar".
In the series finale, they manage to betray the ram and take his magic, which causes him to reveal his true identity as Discord. Later, Tirek and Chrysalis have Cozy Glow test out the chaos magic they stole, which causes her to become powerful and huge. She even attempts at betraying Tirek and Chrysalis after she gains so much power, but she cannot handle the magic, thus begging Tirek and Chrysalis to change her back. Tirek, who was scared of Cozy at first, finds amusement in this and he helps Chrysalis change her back. Later, Cozy and Tirek start arguing again after they captured the ponies and put them in cells. Cozy tries to use the stolen magic in the bell again, this time wanting to use the Alicorn magic, which causes Tirek to angrily lash out at her. In the end, Tirek and Cozy Glow continue to trust one another and fight the Mane Six, before they were defeated and turned to stone. Despite their constant bickering and attempt at the betrayal, Tirek and Cozy Glow remained as partners in crime to the very end. It is possible that she idolized him due to him being Equestria's biggest enemy.
Just like her strong relationship with Lord Tirek, Cozy Glow shares one with Queen Chrysalis as well. They met when "Grogar" summoned them and were forced to work together in order to get revenge on Twilight and her friends.
At first, Cozy and Chrysalis didn't get along and will bicker at each other. However, they soon learn to tolerate each other and work together to claim the Bewitching Bell, and schemes with her to betray "Grogar". It was also Cozy who gave Chrysalis the idea to turn everypony against each other, which made Chrysalis come up with the plan and appear to be pleased with Cozy Glow. She was even happy with Cozy Glow for successfully retrieving the book about the Bewitching Bell. Even Chrysalis herself saved Cozy from almost falling off the mountain, showing rare compassion toward the filly.
However, in the series finale, Chrysalis gets into an argument with her for attempting to take all of the stolen magic for herself, claiming to be better than both Chrysalis and Tirek. Chrysalis pulls Cozy Glow back in annoyance as she tried to ask Discord politely to tell them how to use the stolen magic, but she threatens him to speak instead. In the end, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow did share a special connection with each other, even if they don't see eye to eye at times and Chrysalis became one of Cozy Glow's closest allies.
The Young Six
Cozy Glow was a fellow student of the Young Six during her time at the School of Friendship, pretending to be friendly towards them. However, she looked down on them, criticizing them for their species and claiming friendship isn't in their nature. Ultimately, after Sandbar (along with the Cutie Mark Crusaders) catch her capturing Starlight and venting over her plans, the Young Six rise up against Cozy and defeat her.
As with the other villains outside of Sombra, Cozy both feared and hated Discord when he disguised himself as Grogar. As "Grogar", Discord treated Cozy as poorly as he treated Tirek and Chrysalis despite her being younger. Upon finding out that Discord tricked them, Cozy acted as smugly as the other two after capturing them. At the end of the final battle, Discord turned Cozy and the other two into stone along with the Sisters.
The Mane Six
Cozy Glow was a student and a former friend of the Mane Six, she has mostly interacted with Twilight the most who deemed to be her best student and friend in the school, but this came to an end when she betrayed them and tricked them into imprisoning themselves in Tartarus. But they found out she was behind the magic disappearance and lured them away so she wouldn't have to fave them, but they escaped and angrily confronted her for her betrayal, much to Cozy's displeasure as she confronts Twilight why she did it thing friendship is power, but Twilight informs Cozy that power isn't why you make friends, Cozy tried to escape to start her plan over again but was surrounded by all of her former friends and Celestia and Luna's guards and had her locked in Tarturus for putting everypony in danger. Later she returns teamed up with Chrysalis and Tirek, they use the bell to make themselves stronger than the Mane 6 to get their revenge on them by working together. Once she meets up with her former friends again she attacks Twilight as an alicorn, the other members try to stop her and would've succeeded if it wasn't for Tirek and Chrysalis' intervention. In the end, Cozy Glow and her allies were defeated once again by them. Overall, Cozy Glow is one of the Mane Six's greatest enemies.
Cozy initially appeared to respect Starlight, coming to her for advice. However, she had no qualms about imprisoning Starlight in a magic sphere when she interferes with her plans to take over Equestria. She has also physically fought against Starlight as an alicorn, receiving help from Chrysalis and Tirek.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders
Cozy Glow met Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo in "Marks for Effort" and she tricked them into befriending her and getting her in the School of Friendship. And they seemed to be friends for a short while, up until Cozy Glow reveals her true colors in the Season 8 finale. The CMC was secretly there with Sandbar when she explains her true plans to the captured Starlight Glimmer. They all felt betrayed. So they go to distract Cozy Glow while the Young Six sneak in to rescue Neighsay and Starlight Glimmer. However, Cozy Glow figured out their plans and locked them up in the janitor room. This is the last time they saw each other. In the end, her close friendship with the CMC is severed completely.
Cozy Glow met the EEA's Chancellor Neighsay, who ruined her true plans when he begins to take over the School as Headstallion. Cozy Glow develops a hatred for Neighsay and comes up with a plan to get him back off. And she managed to do so when she reveals Neighsay's flaws towards the other students and orchestrates a school uprising to take him down and chain him up. Cozy reveals to Neighsay that she will make the ponies bow before her and will use friendship to gain power.
Later, Neighsay was rescued by the Young Six while Cozy is distracted and he goes to seek help from the Princesses. Later, as Cozy's plan falls apart, he appeared with the Princesses and the royal guards to arrest Cozy Glow and put her in Tartarus for her crimes. It was also thanks to Cozy Glow and the Young Six rescuing him that he has second thoughts on his prejudice against other creatures at the School of Friendship. Cozy and Neighsay never see each other again, even when he takes part in the fight with the other allies of Equestria to defeat Cozy and her fellow villains.
School of Friendship Students
Cozy Glow was helpful to all of the ponies students in the School of Friendship, The students begin to trust Cozy Glow for her kindness. Cozy was only pretending to be nice to win their loyalty and use them as an army. Cozy Glow manipulated the students believing Chancellor Neighsay was trying to close down the School of Friendship for a second time, The students believe in her lies and turn against Neightsay and chain him up in a chair in Twilight Sparkle's office. Later, when the Young Six discover a way to save the magic from Equestria from disappearing forever, Cozy Glow took the students down to the vent of the Tree of Harmony. She made them believe that the Young Six (except for Sandbar) are trying to destroy the School of Friendship and responded to the magic crisis. The Young Six try to make the students see that Cozy was manipulating them into believing her lies. But Cozy Glow already had the students convinced that they send the Mane Six to Tartarus and trapped Starlight Glimmer in the magic draining vortex. The students once again fall for Cozy's lies and attack the Young Six.
However, after witnessing the Young Six getting trapped in the vortex and trying to save one another, the students questioned among themselves if they could help them, but Cozy Glow insist to leave with their fate, but when the Tree of Harmony was empowered by the Young Six's friendship and the Young Six, The students were more than happy to see the tree had saved them. Sandbar instructs the students to get clear of the resulting blast and listen to him, completely ignoring Cozy Glow's request to stop. When return the magic was returned to all of Equestria and Twilight and her friends escape from Tartarus to confront Cozy Glow for her betrayal. Cozy Glow revealed to Twilight Sparkle the reason why she tries to drain all of the magic was because she believes friendship is true power. Unknown to Cozy Glow, The students overheard this and were shocked to see Cozy's true colors. The students realize their mistake of believing her lies when Cozy Glow tries to escape. The students turn against her by blocking one of her escapes now knowing the liar she really is, much to Cozy's anger. In the Season 9 finale, the students hide from Cozy and her fellow villains.
Unlike the other villains in the series, Cozy Glow barely has a relationship with King Sombra as they don't interact much, and the fact that Sombra refuses to team up with the other villains to conquer Equestria on his own. As Sombra starts boasting toward the other villains, Cozy Glow stares at Sombra with concern as she is the only one who is not annoyed by him unlike Tirek, Chrysalis, and "Grogar". It is unknown what Sombra thinks of Cozy Glow.
In "Part 2" as the other villains ask "Grogar" about Sombra, Cozy Glow had a strange smile on her face. It is possible that she hoped Sombra had won or was simply curious about his fate. However, "Grogar" reveals Sombra's demise in his crystal ball and warns them that it can happen to her and her fellow villains if they have doubts on his plans. Cozy Glow reluctantly submits to "Grogar's" will after this, up until later in the season, where she plans with the other villains to betray "Grogar".
The Flim Flam Brothers
Offscreen, Cozy Glow had given the Flim Flam Brothers a copy of Twilight's book. Later on, however, they rise up against her and her cohorts, severing their alliance with Cozy.
Cozy Glow received a mixed reception as fans praise her for her personality, manipulation, her cutesy attitude, and comedic moments. Her voice actress, Sunni Westbrook, was also praised for her performance as Cozy Glow. Her chemistry with Lord Tirek and Queen Chrysalis in Season 9 is also praised.
However, other fans found her sympathetic against the narrative's intent, due to her being sent to Tartarus in Season 8's "School Raze" while some adult villains had gotten less punishment, the episode "Frenemies" had her briefly consider reforming, and her crimes in Season 9 were encouraged by Discord, who posed as Grogar and used threats and intimidation to get the villains to go along with his plans. When she was turned into stone as a punishment for her crimes in Season 9's "The Ending of The End", many fans saw this as very overly harsh. Some fans also criticized her lack of a backstory and being a twist villain as lazy writing.
Despite being generally praised for her characterization, there are still complaints from fans that they find Cozy one-dimensional as the crew has failed to provide an explanatory backstory for her that can explain the crux of her power-hungry nature.
Episodes and Appearances
|Appearances in the Show|
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Friendship is Magic
- Cozy Glow shares the main antagonist role with Queen Chrysalis and Lord Tirek, since she and her cohorts have a more personal connection to the heroes than any other antagonist in the show, even before their team up.
- Because Grogar turned out to be Discord in Season 9, Cozy Glow is the last major antagonist to be introduced in the series.
- Cozy Glow is the most recurring unreformed main antagonist in the entire series, appearing in 13 episodes.
- Cozy Glow is the fourth filly in the series to be an antagonist after Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon (who were originally bullies), and Babs Seed (who thought she wanted to be a bully). Out of those fillies, however, she is far more evil, and not to mention being far less redeemable than the three.
- Though not explained or shown, Cozy Glow was the one gave the Flim Flam Brothers a copy of Twilight's book.
- Cozy Glow is the first and only major antagonist to be introduced in the middle of a season rather than at the beginning or end.
- Cozy Glow is one of the few major villains in the series to be a regular pony.
- Cozy Glow is the third antagonist to be a Pegasus, the first being Lightning Dust and the second being Wind Rider. However, Cozy is much more evil, more dangerous, and had bigger plans than them, not to mention being much younger than the two. Furthermore, of those three, only she served as the main villain of a two-part episode.
- Cozy Glow is one of the four major antagonists to be a season's main antagonist, appearing in more than one episode. The others are Starlight Glimmer, Lord Tirek, and Queen Chrysalis. She is also the only antagonist in the series to be the main antagonist of another season.
- Cozy Glow's character was inspired by the late child actress Shirley Temple, as well as the Batman villain, Baby Doll.
- In fact, Sunni Westbrook, Cozy's voice actress, has theorized in an interview that Cozy Glow is actually an adult with a rare disease that makes her only look like a child, much like Baby Doll is.
- However, MLP crew members had debunked her theory by confirming that Cozy is indeed a filly.
- In fact, Sunni Westbrook, Cozy's voice actress, has theorized in an interview that Cozy Glow is actually an adult with a rare disease that makes her only look like a child, much like Baby Doll is.
- It was believed by many that Chancellor Neighsay would be the main antagonist of the season due to him being prejudiced against non-pony creatures, disliking Princess Twilight for teaching them about friendship, and supporting Flim and Flam's false university and attempting to take control of Twilight's school. However, he did all this because he truly cared about Equestria, while Cozy Glow was willing to destroy it for her own selfish gains.
- This could also show Neighsay that Cozy being a threat to Equestria did come from Equestria, which was the reason why her true nature was hidden until the finale. Due to the fact it's usually non-pony creatures that threaten the safety of Equestria, Neighsay was made into being prejudiced against them until he accepts them.
- It is very unlikely that Cozy's plan to conquer Equestria through "friendship" would've actually worked since her true nature would have eventually betrayed her. She was only truly a threat because she nearly drained Equestria of magic forever.
- It was never explained if Cozy Glow is an orphan or if she has parents. However, Jim Miller ("Big Jim"), a storyboard artist/supervisor and co-director of the show, answered a tweet regarding Cozy Glow's parents with "Who says she has parents?", indicating that Cozy is indeed orphaned. However, how she was orphaned that led to her villainy in the first place remains a total mystery.
- There were many hints of Cozy Glow's true nature before the season finale:
- When the Cutie Mark Crusaders offer to help her with her exam in "Marks for Effort", she asks them why they would do so if there is nothing in it for them, an early hint that she does not truly understand the concept of altruism.
- In the same episode, when the CMC tells her what the Elements of Harmony are, she shows an evil smile for a brief moment. Also, she guesses that one of the Elements of Harmony is "control", which foreshadows her tyrannical nature.
- Starlight Glimmer, who herself used to be a manipulative villain, admits that she finds Cozy's talent for manipulation and planning impressive.
- In Friendship University, she ominously appears after Rarity questions how Flim and Flam got a copy of Twilight's book, suggesting she gave it to them.
- In What Lies Beneath, she said derogatory things about the Young Six's species and claimed that friendship was not in their nature, which further implies that she was not as nice as she seemed.
- At the end of the same episode, she looks ominously at the vent that leads to the Tree of Harmony.
- Her "cute and sweet" personality is played up to an unrealistic extent, which may clue viewers in that it is a front.
- Cozy Glow's cutie mark seems to represent chess, which presumably refers to her ability to manipulate those around her.
- Cozy Glow is one of the evilest villains in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic alongside Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, and Storm King, which she has proven to be one of the most destructive villains in the series, as she not only nearly ruined Equestria, but also the very concept of friendship.
- She is also one of the more unsettling ones, having demonstrated such evil at a very young age.
- Out of all the villains in the show, Cozy Glow is the youngest due to her age of being just a child, while all of the villains are fully mature.
- She is also one of the more unsettling ones, having demonstrated such evil at a very young age.
- In Season 9, Cozy Glow, along with Tirek and Chrysalis, was thought to be secondary antagonists while "Grogar" was the main antagonist, although they would take over this position when "Grogar" was revealed to be Discord.
- Cozy Glow, alongside Tirek and Chrysalis, are the final antagonists of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Cozy Glow is one of the only villains in the series who admits that she is a villain and enjoys it, such as a scene in the series finale where she and her cohorts betray "Grogar".
- Cozy Glow is the only evil alicorn in the series besides Nightmare Moon, the only pony to become an alicorn without earning it besides Flurry Heart, and the only alicorn in the series to be reverted back into a regular pony.
- Unlike Nightmare Moon, however, Cozy Glow was still in her normal senses while Nightmare Moon was essentially Princess Luna having been corrupted by her own negative emotions, thus making her the only alicorn that was truly evil.
- Cozy Glow is currently the only major pony villain implied to be irredeemable that is actually a pony, as it is heavily hinted that she is a born villain throughout her appearances.
- Despite this, it is still debatable on the subject of whether she should be petrified (which is a hot potato) due to her young age. Some fans also felt sorry for her since Discord was the one who freed her in the first place.
- King Sombra (who is arguably the most evil villain of the series) is also only umbrum in the comics and said to be a pony in the show, where his Season 9 appearance directly contradicts the comics.
- Jim Miller (Big Jim) has confirmed that although Cozy Glow has been petrified, she is still alive. The explanation for this argument is that petrification is merely suspended animation and she won't be able to move or grow physically for eternity. Although, "suspended animation" means dreamless sleep so this could be close to death for her if she is never released.
- Interestingly, Cozy Glow can be served as a dark parallel to Diamond Tiara as both were related to Cutie Mark Crusaders. During their first debut, Cozy Glow was initially a friend to the Crusaders and the Young Six before she was revealed to be evil, while Diamond Tiara was initially an enemy and a bully to the Crusaders before she redeemed herself. However, while Diamond Tiara was forced to be mean towards others due to her mother's upbringing and eventually redeemed herself after being encouraged by the Crusaders, Cozy Glow infiltrated her own school with her own choice and refused to change her ways. Cozy Glow also represents what Diamond Tiara would've become if she never learned that bullying doesn't make her happy and didn't meet the Crusaders. However, Cozy and Diamond never met each other.
- Cozy Glow was also a foil to Chancellor Neighsay as both strongly believe in the power of friendship. However, their villainous are vary, as Neighsay tried to prevent friendship from being learned by non-pony creatures who could potentially threaten Equestria while Cozy plans to conquer Equestria by taking Twilight's place in an Equestria without magic. Also, while Neighsay redeem himself and make amends with Young Six, Cozy never changed her ways and didn't show her remorse. If Neighsay still let his hatred and xenophobia consume him and hadn't learned to appreciate Twilight's philosophy and the non-pony creatures, then he would have been ended up like Cozy Glow.
- It is implied that she started the Equestria magic shortage crisis due to the fact that she was jealous of all unicorns have all the magic that she doesn't, as shown in the season eight finale when she confront the Young Six alongside the School of Friendship Students, she claims that "These creatures want magic gone from Equestria because it's the only thing ponies have that they don't!", which was a quote that fits her motivation: "Cozy wants magic gone from Equestria because it's the only thing spellcasters can use that she can't." However, she eventually gains magic from the Bewitching Bell turning her into an alicorn in the season nine finale.
- The crew members of Friendship is Magic once said that they originally were going to write a backstory for Cozy, but by the time she was introduced the show was already going to reach its conclusion soon, so they ran out of time to write one for her and thus her background has remained a mystery.
- Jim Miller has said that the pony skull in Cozy's possession in School Raze is an actual skull.
- Cozy Glow's appereance and personality is similar to that of Darla Dimple.