|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Crazy 88 are supporting antagonists of the 2003 film Kill Bill: Volume 1. They are a group of Yakuza assassins founded by it's queenpin O-Ren Ishii, whose top enforcer Johnny Mo leads the army for O-Ren Ishii. In the film, they all fight the Bride (also known as Beatrix Kiddo) as she attempts to kill their leader as revenge for her involvement in the Bride's own assassination; with O-Ren Ishii having partaken in the incident with the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad on behalf of their gangland boss Bill.
Despite being outnumbered, the Bride managed to kill most of the Crazy 88 members who attacked her. She also kills O-Ren Ishii's personal assassin Gogo Yubari, eliminates Johnny Mo in combat, and captures O-Ren Ishii's lawyer Sofie Fatale for interrogation. The Bride would go on to proceed in killing O-Ren Ishii herself in a showdown between them.
In the end, most of the Crazy 88 members have died whilst some others survive at the expense of having their limbs severed. The only one there with no injuries was presumably the youngest member present.
Members of the Crazy 88 wear pretty much the same outfit; wearing a black suit, wearing a black "Kato" mask. Aside from Johnny Mo, who wielded a pair of shōtō short swords, most of them carried a single sword with only two exceptions seen; one wielding dual axes and another a meteor hammer.
- Johnny Mo (Deceased)
- Miki (Deceased)
- 42 other nameless members (Deceased)
- Unnamed Teenage Member (Spared by Beatrix)
- The Crazy 88 doesn't actually have a total of 88 members. According to Bill, it was probably called "Crazy 88" because it sounded cool. The actual number of the group remains uncertain.
- Only 40 actors were billed as portraying the Crazy 88, including Quentin Tarantino himself as the "Slit Throat" immediately after the "Plucked Eye".
- The mask worn by the Crazy 88 is similar to that worn by kung-fu legend Bruce Lee in his role as Kato, the Green Hornet's partner on the classic 1960's TV series.
- Crazy 88 - Quentin Tarantino Wiki