|“||Attention, humans. I am Cryptosporidium of the planet Furon. This planet is now a territory of the Furon Empire... resist this!||„|
Cryptosporidium, also known as Crypto, is the main villainous protagonist of Destroy All Humans!, along with its sequels. He is actually one of many clones, and exists to harvest human DNA in order to ensure the survival of his own species. Throughout the game, he is given increasing levels of power and ultimately ends up becoming the new President.
He was voiced by J. Grant Albrecht and Sean Donnellan.
The game is set in the 1950s and parodies the Cold War era hysteria, as well as B-movies. In fact, when Crypto is spotted by certain humans, they call him a "Commie", suggesting that, despite his hideous appearance, these people actually believe his is a Communist rather than an alien.
Crypto is knowledgeable, but also a very comical character in the sense that he has little real knowledge on humanity, although he is quick to express his dislike of them, which is not surprising considering he is part of a warlike species who are already in possession of advanced weaponry sufficient to destroy entire cities.
Crypto talks in a very slow and emotionless Texan accent. He also hates being called green, since he's clearly grey.
As Crypto, the player has an arsenal of such weaponry to utilize against the humans (both innocents as well as such enemies as the military and Men In Black). When his weapons fail him, Crypto can enter his large flying saucer and use it to destroy anything in his path, though the more mayhem Crypto causes, the more humanity will fight back and alert more powerful enemies to his location.
Crypto is responsible for detonating an atom bomb at a high-scale military base, the equivalent of an Area 51.
In the intro for the first game, the 136th Cryptosporidium clone is seen dying after crashing his saucer; the entire game is canonically played by Cryptosporidium-137, who later also dies before the events of the second game. The canon protagonist of the second and third games is Cryptosporidium-138, whilst Cryptosporidium-139 is the player-character of the fourth game. The status and identity of the original Cryptosporidium are unknown.
At the end of the second game, Cryptosporidium-138 has intercourse with "the love of his life", a human KGB spy named Natalya Ivanova. In the third game, Crypto discovers that he'd somehow gotten her pregnant, as he finds out that he has a half-human, half-Furon son named Blastomycosis.
Powers and Abilities
- Crypto is able to HoloBob, which means that he can transform into any human he sees (beware though, as this drains energy and when energy runs out he will revert to alien-form).
- Crypto is telekinetic and can lift people in the air and push small vehicles with his mind alone.
- Crypto is telepathic and can take over and read the minds of others - this can be useful for distracting people or to extract information.
- Force-Field (Crypto is protected by a force-field throughout the game - this shield absorbs damage but if it breaks Crypto is left extremely vulnerable: if he can escape fast enough he can evade an otherwise quick death and the shield will repower itself)
- Rocket-Pack (Crypto has a small rocket-pack attached to his suit that can propel him in the air for a limited amount of time)