|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||This one understands your logic but does not reach the same conclusion.||„|
|~ D'Vorah to Kotal Kahn in Mortal Kombat X.|
|“||This One cares not for Earthrealm... and worships no gods.||„|
|~ D'Vorah to Raiden.|
D'Vorah is a Kytinn, a species of colonial insects living inside. She made her debut in the 2015 fighting game Mortal Kombat X. She lives in Outworld and serves as Kotal Kahn's first minister. She serves as the secondary antagonist (along with Quan Chi) of Mortal Kombat X and a major antagonist in Mortal Kombat 11.
Hailing from the Arnyek Islands, D'Vorah's realm was conquered by Shao Kahn and she chose to serve the dark emperor to avoid becoming a slave. Rising in political power, D'Vorah now serves Kotal Kahn as his second in command and closest adviser, assisting him in the civil war against Mileena.
Mortal Kombat 1
Mortal Kombat 11
D'Vorah returns as a playable character in Mortal Kombat 11. She was revealed on February 5th, 2019.
During the game's story mode, D'Vorah first appears at the end of Kotal Kahn's chapter; helping Shao Kahn and his men escape after Kotal and Raiden's group defeated them. Afterwards, she reveals that she killed Milleena, resulting Shao Kahn almost killing her. Kronika and Geras then arrive with the former warning Shao Kahn that D'Vorah is under her protection.
D'Vorah's physical appearance draws on several insect motifs. Her skin takes the appearance of a yellow chitinous hide with four wing/pincers jutting out from her back. The back of her head is adorned with black markings and her lips are naturally black.
On the heels of her feet are what looks like high heel wedges. Her eyes are compound, possessing the same fractured appearance as a fly's eyes. All of her teeth are sharp and pointed, exhibiting possible carnivorous eating habits.
D'Vorah wears a black top and hood, spiked gauntlets on her arms armored ringlets on her forearms, and armored shin guards. A single scarab-shaped piece of jewelry with a green centered gem rests around her neck.
Powers and Abilities
D'Vorah's insect affinity gives her control over several different type of large bugs and winged insects. She is able to use bugs for a variety of purposes, from offensive attacking to sealing wounds. Her natural extra limbs give her give her lethal pincers to use in combat and allow her to fly to a degree.
She is one of the few to have a regeneration factor as shown in the comics, she was able to reform from a swarm of insects after being torn in half by a possessed Reiko.
- Old Shao Kahn (Killed by Raiden and the Elder Gods)
- Old Quan Chi (Killed by Scorpion in the MKX video game)
- Shinnok (Killed by Dark Raiden in the MKX/MK11 video game)
- Shang Tsung (Returns in MK11 as a DLC character)
- Revenant Liu Kang (Deceased)
- Revenant Kung Lao (Deceased)
- Revenant Kitana (Deceased)
- Revenant Jade (Deceased)
- Revenant Kabal (Deceased)
- Revenant Smoke (MIA)
- Revenant Nightwolf (MIA)
- Revenant Stryker (MIA)
- Revenant Sindel (MIA)
- Netherrealm Demons
- Triborg (MIA)
- Rain (Attempted Victim; MIA)
- Jarek (MIA)
- Baraka (Victim; Deceased)
- Mileena (Victim; Deceased)
- Skarlet (MIA)
- Tanya (Attempted Victim; MIA)
- Noob Saibot (MIA)
- Black Dragon
- Kollector (MIA)
- Drahmin (Killed by Quan Chi)
- Moloch (Killed by Kitana)
- Goro (Soul taken by Shang Tsung in DLC)
- Red Dragon
- Old Kintaro (Killed by Sonya, Cassie and Jacqui in the MKX comics)
- Young Kano (From the Original Timeline; deceased)
- Young Cyrax (From the Original Timeline; Deceased)
- Young Sektor (From the Original Timeline; Deceased)
- Young Kabal (From the Original Timeline; MIA)
- Young Shao Kahn (From the Original Timeline;MIA)
- Young Kintaro (soul taken by Shang Tsung used as fatality)
- Kitana (Young Kitana From the Original Timeline; Current Leader)
- Young Baraka (From the Original Timeline)
- Earthrealm Heroes
- Kotal Kahn (Former Leader)
- Young Jade (From the Original Timeline)
- Raiden (Currently a retired mortal advisor to Liu Kang)
- Ermac (soul taken by Shang Tsung in DLC, the sorcerer will turn into him a few times)
- Erron Black (MIA)
- Ferra & Torr (MIA)
- Reptile (MIA)
- Special Forces
- Old Sonya Blade (Sacrificed herself by blowing up the entire Netherrealm army after being trapped under a rubble of rocks)
- Elder Johnny Cage
- Elder Jackson Briggs (Retired Commander)
- Scorpion/Hanzo Hasashi (Victim; Deceased)
- Sub-Zero/Kuai Liang
- Fujin (MIA)
- Bo' Rai Cho (MIA)
- Li Mei (MIA)
- Sareena (MIA)
- Old Kenshi Takahashi (Killed by Netherrealm Demons and had his soul taken by Shang Tsung in DLC)
- Cassie Cage
- Jacqui Briggs
- Kung Jin (MIA)
- Takeda Takahashi (MIA)
- Young Liu Kang (From the Original Timeline; Currently a god)
- Young Kung Lao (From the Original Timeline)
- Young Johnny Cage (From the Original Timeline; MIA)
- Young Sonya Blade (From Original Timeline; Current Leader of the Shirai Ryu, MIA)
- Young Scorpion (From the Original Timeline)
- Young Jax (From the Original Timeline)
- D'Vorah is the fifth character with the ability to fly, the first four being Ermac, Sindel, Nitara and Onaga the Dragon King.
- She is the third character to have wings, the first two being Nitara and Onaga.
- She is the second female character to have wings, the first being Nitara.
- D'Vorah is the only character in the Mortal Kombat X story mode that can perform a Fatality during a Quick-Time Event.
Non Playable Villains