Dagahra (in Japanese: ダガーラ, Dagāra) is a pollution-consuming kaiju that appeared as the main antagonist in the 1997 film, Rebirth of Mothra II.
In the past, a race of advanced people called the Nilai Kanai created Dagahra to clean all the pollution they were releasing into the ocean. Dagahra consumed the pollution, but created the Barems, acidic sea stars, in the process, which began killing everything in their way. Dagahra went rampant with creating the Barems and released them onto the Nilai Kanai, destroying the civilization excluding the temple, which sank to the bottom of the ocean. Once all the pollution was consumed, Dagahra fell into a deep sleep, resting at the bottom of the ocean.
Thousands of years later, Dagahra awoke due to the rise in pollution in Japan. It began eating the pollution and released Barems once again, which attacked and killed many people on the surface. After hearing of Dagahra, Mothra Leo came and fought it, but was put at a disadvantage when Dagahra was under the water. He was overpowered when Dagahra infected him with Barems, but Ghogo used his power to turn Mothra Leo into Aqua Mothra, so he could battle at equal terms with Dagahra. Mothra Leo ultimately managed to destroy the beast by splitting into thousands of miniature clones of himself and severe the Barem producing organs inside him, killing him once and for all.
- Dagahra can fly at the speed of mach 10.
- Dagahra can fire an Irabushan Beam from his mouth.
- Dagahra is able to fire Crimson energy beams from his dorsal fins.
- Dagahra can rotate and fire Energy Rings from his body.
- Dagahra is able to create a tornado of Barems and lightning by quickly rotating himself underwater.
- The two cannons on Dagahra's shoulders can fire either energy beams or a concentrated mixture of Barem and crystallized toxins.
- Dagahra is an adept swimmer that can move underwater at 150 knots.
- Dagahra can fire lightning at foes.
- Dagahra is the only villain monster in the Rebirth of Mothra series to not be a Ghidorah.
- Dagahra shares similarities to Hedorah, as they are both giant kaiju that feed on pollution. Dagahra however, was a monster made to consume the pollution while Hedorah was literally made out of pollution.
- Also, Dagahra consumed the pollution to fulfill his role as how the Nilai-Kanai created him, while Hedorah was an alien who consumed the pollution to adjust the Earth to be its new home.
- Dagahra's concept art was a dragon covered in fins and a massive horn on top of his head, looking like a combination between the Godzilla monster Titanosaurus and the Gamera monster Zigra.