|Jafar says: Read my lips and come to grips with the reality!|
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
Daki, born Ume and also known as Warabehime in her oiran guise, is a major antagonist of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. She is the secondary antagonist in Red Light District Arc.
Daki was a member of the Twelve Demon Moons, (seemingly) holding the position of Upper Moon Six alongside her brother Gyuutarou, the real Upper Moon Six who shared the same body with her.
Daki is a vain, cruel, hateful and arrogant individual who takes enjoyment toying with her victims, and she seems to be very insufferable to failure, just like her master Muzan Kibutsuji, as she even quarelled to her brother in their final moments after being slain, shouting that someone so hideous does not deserve to be her brother. She also possess childish streak, due to being transformed when she was only thirteen years old, tending to throw tantrum towards anything that does not go in her own intentions.
Deep down, however, Daki deeply cares about her brother and is grateful to his protective attitude even after their tragedy and subsquent transformation. After her death, Daki reconciled with Gyuutarou in the afterlife, likely a result of being inspired by Tanjiro's exhortation and remembering her past experience.
As a human, Daki was originally a kind and honest girl, but could get convinced very easily. Her brothers' experience as well as his cynical viewpoint of the world became a vital point of influence to shape her personality. Their personality and life mirrors and also contrasts to that between Tanjiro and Nezuko.
Red Light District Arc
- Daki means fallen princess in Japanese.
- Ume is Japanese slang for syphilis.
- Like Rui and the Spider Family as a whole, both Daki and Gyuutarou can be considered as the villainous counterparts to Tanjiro and Nezuko.
- They are both pairs of siblings fighting and caring deeply for each other. However, Tanjro and Nezuko, at least back when she was human, can live independent from each other and think about other people, while Daki and Gyuutarou only care about each other.
- Finally, in extreme situations, Tanjirou would (reluctantly) abandon Nezuko to fulfill his duty as a demon hunter, while Gyuutarou will only have his sister as his sole priority.
- Daki's personality constrasts that of Nezuko. Nezuko used to be, and somewhat still is, a nice and mature girl who would never harm a human intentionally, while Daki is a selfish womanchild who only thinks about herself and her brother and enjoys killing her victims.