|This villain was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being heinous enough or lacks what is necessary to be a Pure Evil villain. Therefore, this villain shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed villains rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same evil-doer. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PE villains.|
Any act of adding this villain to the Pure Evil category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this villain without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|“||I am Dark Specter, monarch of all that is evil! I have captured the mighty Zordon and am draining him of his powers! As his strength drains, the lava will rise extinguishing the Power forever!||„|
|~ Dark Specter|
Dark Specter was the leader of the United Alliance of Evil and the overarching antagonist of the entire Power Rangers franchise serving as the overarching antagonist of Power Rangers in Space, well as the main antagonist throughout the entire Zordon Era (the fan name given to the events of Mighty Morphin through In Space).
He was portrayed by suit actor Terence J. Rotolo and voiced by Christopher Cho.
Little is known about Dark Specter or how he came to become the Grand Monarch of Evil. According to Andros, Dark Specter was also behind the attack on KO-35. Some years before Power Rangers In Space, Dark Specter hired Darkonda to kidnap a child to raise as a supervillain. He ended up kidnapping Karone, sister of Andros (the future Red Space Ranger) who his minion Ecliptor would raise into the supervillainess Astronema.
Capture of Zordon
Dark Specter had organized an attack on the planet, Eltar, and succeeded in capturing the Power Rangers mentor, Zordon. He began draining him of his power and then called a meeting of the United Alliance of Evil. During the meeting, a Power Ranger was caught spying on them, but he escaped and Dark Specter ordered Astronema to get rid of any Power Rangers to prevent them from saving Zordon. Later, he commanded her to constantly assault Earth to keep the Space Rangers busy.
Battles with the Power Rangers
Later when the Space Rangers tried to save Zordon with help from the Phantom Ranger, Dark Specter set up a trap for them and even pretended to be Zordon, however the Rangers escaped. After Astronema managed to remember that she was Karone, Andros' sister, Dark Specter gave Darkonda control of the Dark Fortress before he managed to use cybernetic enhancements to regain control of her. However this backfired on the Grand Monarch of Evil since it made Astronema so evil that she decided to turn on her former master.
Countdown to Destruction
Dark Specter eventually initiated a universal invasion by the United Alliance of Evil, which was an extreme success. This was because the combined forces of the Evil Space Aliens, Machine Empire, Divatox's Crew, and Astronema's minions horribly outnumbered the Alien Rangers, Gold Zeo Ranger, Blue Senturion, and Phantom Ranger. However he was assaulted by Darkonda, who attempted to destroy him with a missile capable of annihilating a planet. Though it worked, Dark Specter managed to swallow Darkonda's jet, taking the bounty hunter with him. His death enabled Astronema to take supreme control of the United Alliance of Evil.
Powers and abilities
- Power: It is unknown exactly how powerful Dark Specter is, but he is likely much more powerful than all of the other villains, since they are so intimidated by him.
- Durability: Dark Specter took multiple shots from Darkonda's star fighter without injury. It took a missile with the power to destroy the Earth to kill him.
- Teleportation: He can appear from blue lightning bolts and vanish at will.
- Fireball Generation: Dark Specter can shoot fireballs from his mouth.
- Face Projection: In episodes such as "The Delta Discovery" and "Astronema Thinks Twice", Dark Specter was able to make his face appear in a sky.
- Shape Shifting: In the episode "The Rangers' Leap of Faith" he posed as Zordon to trick the Rangers into a trap.
- Size Changing: Whilst posing as Zordon, Dark Specter was human sized despite being the size of a planet otherwise. It is unclear if he can do this normally when he isn't assuming a specific planet.
- Dark Specter bears an unmistakable resemblance to Maligore, which is due to the same suit being reused albeit with additions to his cheeks to flap out and attempt to hide this fact.
- This is even lamp shaded out by Divatox (when he appears at the meeting of the UAE in Episode 1, she said he reminded her of her fiancé).
- The suit was likely reused due to budget cuts.
- Goldgoyle from Power Rangers Turbo may have been his servant given he came from some unspecified external force that Divatox outsourced to.
- In Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, Prince Olympius unveiled an asteroid resembling Dark Specter's hide capable of destroying Mariner Bay in seconds.
- It can be assumed that Dark Specter inspired other alien organizations prime examples being Warstar and the Armada to destroy planets and enslave countless innocence which means even though he was destroyed other aliens and different types of monsters would still replace the previous threats and the cycle would repeat over and over again which has made a great legacy for Dark Specter after his death.
United Alliance of Evil