- NOTE: This article is about the incarnation of Deathstroke from the DC Extended Universe. The mainstream version can be found here: Deathstroke (DC Comics).
|“||You better not be wasting my time.||„|
|~ Deathstroke to Lex Luthor.|
Slade Wilson, known as Deathstroke, is a minor antagonist in the 2017 superhero film Justice League. He is teased to be a major antagonist in the future movies of the DC Extended Universe. He is one of Batman's dangerous enemies.
Deathstroke is the DCEU's adaptation of the DC villain of the same name. He is a highly skilled and expertly trained mercenary, exceptionally skilled in both swordfighting and marksmanship. His skill in combat leads to Slade being recruited by Lex Luthor to form a League in order to best combat the threat the newly founded Justice League is posing to his criminal operations.
He was portrayed by Joe Manganiello.
After Lex Luthor has escaped from Arkham Asylum, he meets with Deathstroke onboard a super yacht. Arriving at the yacht in a smaller speedboat, Deathstroke is welcomed by Luthor who sarcastically claims that he was just celebrating Superman's return. Luthor claims that Superman and several other heroes seem to be founding some kind of League and Deathstroke interrupts him, threatening that Luthor better not waste his time. Luthor replies that he has too much to live for. As Deathstroke removes his mask, Luthor states that it is time that supervillains like the two of them get a league of their own - seemingly successfully recruiting Deathstroke for his own "Injustice League".
- In August 2016, Ben Affleck tweeted a video in which Deathstroke could be seen in full attire, causing people to believe that he would be a major villain in the DCEU's upcoming Batman solo movie. However, whether Deathstroke will be still appearing in the film it's currently unknown, as Affleck has retired from the role and Robert Pattison has been cast as Batman, changing the film's story into a detective one.
- Ron Perlman, Stephen Lang and Arnold Schwarzenegger were all considered for the role of Deathstroke before Manganiello was cast.
- Joe Manganiello was previously considered for the role of Superman in Man of Steel.
- Prior to the movie's release, there were rumors that Deathstroke's and Luthor's appearances had been cut from the movie. It was also debated whether Joe Manganiello would still play the role. With Deathstroke's appearance in Justice League and his implied return as a member of the Injustice League, this rumors seem to have been laid to rest.
- Because of his role, the Slade Wilson in the Arrowverse will be absent indefinitely and his story arc for season 6 of Arrow involving his sons Joe and Grant will be discontinued.
|Extended Universe Villains|