Demons are a race of evil creatures in the Scooby-Doo franchise. While majority of so-called demons are later revealed to be humans in disguise, demons as species are real and legitimate.
The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo
In the series The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, There were thirteen demons trapped in the Chest of Demons, a magical chest which holds the thirteen most scary spiritual demons of the world.
In the pilot episode, the Mystery Inc. members are thrown off course on a trip to Honolulu in Daphne's plane landing instead in Tibet. While inside a temple, Scooby and Shaggy are tricked into opening the Chest of Demons, which houses thirteen of the most terrifying and powerful ghosts and demons ever to walk the face of the Earth. The ghosts can only be returned to the chest by those who originally set them free; thus, the gang embark on a worldwide quest to recapture them before they wreak irreversible havoc upon the world.
Although the chest was meant to hold thirteen ghosts, only twelve were caught.
- Maldor the Malevolent - a demonic magician
- Queen Morbidia - queen of an army of demons
- Reflector Specter - a demon who haunts the mirror realm
- Zomba - a zombie demon who imprisons her victims in TV shows
- Captain Ferguson- confirmed to be for one of the ghost by Tim Sheridan
- Nekara - a succubus
- Marcella - a demonic witch
- Time Slime - a demon who controlls the flow of time
- Demondo - a demon who can imprison people within books and newspapers
- Rankor - a vampire who wants to join S.A.P.S
- Professor Phantazmo - the ringleader of Circus of Horrors
- Zimbulu - a lion demon
- Asamad Van Ghoul - Vincent's ancestor, redeemed and uncaptured.