|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Peaked? Peaked, Dee? Let me tell you something: I haven't even begun to peak. And when I do peak, you'll know. Because I'm gonna peak so hard that everybody in Philadelphia's gonna feel it.||„|
|~ Dennis, after Dee accuses him of having "peaked" in high school.|
|“||My nose was chiseled by the gods themselves, Frank. My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.||„|
|~ Dennis to Frank.|
|“||I'm going for that Jesus on the cross look.||„|
|~ Dennis Reynolds|
Dennis Reynolds is one of the five main protagonists of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and a member of "The Gang" and twin brother of Dee Reynolds. Dennis is an amoral, perverted narcissist who uses and manipulates people to get what he wants; it is frequently implied that he has Borderline Personality Disorder.
He is portrayed by Glenn Howerton.
Dennis was born on August 18, 1976, alongside Dee, to Barbara and Frank Reynolds. When he and Dee were children, their grandfather took him and Dee to a summer camp - that turned out to be a Neo-Nazi camp. During his childhood, he killed four crows right in front of Dee. It's unknown if this was a physical occurrence or his cruelty towards animals.
He was dismissed from a counselor position in summer camp due to being accused of statutory rape, but still maintains he just kissed the girl in question and that she was only a year younger than him.
Dennis has grandiose delusions that cause him to believe that he is extremely attractive to others. He often "pops off" his shirt in inappropriate situations. He frequently obsesses over any possibility that he may have a visible physical flaw and often spends the remainder of the episode trying to correct it. Dennis is actually very insecure about his looks. Any critique of his looks, however mild or trivial, deeply distresses Dennis and often leads him to extreme behavior. When Dee countered Dennis' insults by claiming that he has a "fat face," it temporarily caused Dennis to become dangerously anorexic.
Dennis' delusions of grandeur extend to his relationships with others. In high school and college, Dennis believed that he was a legend that others looked up to. He later found out that he was wrong on both counts.
Dennis' selfishness and narcissism is so extreme that he has no empathy for anyone. He routinely destroys others' property, and casually mentions sociopathic acts without any awareness that others might be disturbed by them:
- Dennis vandalized Art Sloan's house, and set his yard on fire.
- He offered to "frame bang" their lawyer's wife, and was surprised when the lawyer referred to it as rape.
- Mac is disturbed when Dennis tells him that a good reason for them to have a boat is so they can get women out in international waters, where they will not refuse their sexual advances "because of the implications." He tries to (falsely) reassure Mac that he's not actually going to rape any women, only just that the women will feel like they should give them what they want, "because of the implication."
- Dennis has many bench warrants for sexual misconduct, and is implied to be a serial rapist.
- He created the D.E.N.N.I.S. system which is basically a way to seduce women by pretending to love them. To which the acronym's are: Demonstrate Value, Engage Physically, Nurture Dependence, Neglect Emotionally, Inspire Hope, Separate Entirely.
- In the episode "Time's Up for the Gang", he teaches the others how to get away with sex crimes, telling them that he sends texts to himself from his victim's phones indicating consent in order to stave off accusations of assault.