The Department of Unified Protection (abbreviated as D.U.P) is the main antagonistic faction in both games of inFamous; Second Son and First Light. It is a federal government agency of the United States founded by Brooke Augustine that tries to arrest all Conduits they label as "bioterrorists".
By 2011, following the events of Empire City, a soldier named Brooke Augustine, along with Celia who possessed a paper power, possessed a concrete power, in which she cannot choose both Conduits and the government. She made a choice; the government. She locked Celia up and created the Department of Unified Protection. By 2012, the D.U.P captured Eugene Sims from high school and took him to the "special school". By 2016, the D.U.P captured Abigail "Fetch" Walker in Seattle and took her to Curdun Cay prison.
2 years later, Fetch escaped the jail and killed Shane in revenge for causing her to unwillingly kill her brother, Brent. Fetch is then contained into Military's custody along with Eugene and Henry Daughtry who later caused the vehicle to crash near Salmon Bay and the trio escaped.
Delsin Rowe developed Smoke power from Hank, then Neon from Fetch and Video from Eugene, so he fought off D.U.P in Seattle. At the last time, he, Fetch and Eugene broke into D.U.P HQ. Delsin absorbed Concrete's power from Augustine and then defeated her, crumbling the empire.
- Pawns - Regular soldiers of D.U.P, they use rifles with concrete grenades at long range, they will change into using a short range blast of concrete in close quarters.
- Knights - Officers of D.U.P, they use their concrete abilities to create large pillars to launch themselves into the air and travel large distances, Knights are also capable of using tear gas canisters to stun their opponents.
- Bishops - Soldiers distinguished with a large mass of swirling concrete fragments, they're capable of creating a shield of shifting concrete fragments in front of one of their allies which causes all attacks to bounce off and is only broken when this enemy type stops channeling it. Bishops can also heal other soldiers.
- Rooks - Soldiers clad in heavy concrete armor and armed with miniguns, in close proximity to their target they use their weapon like a hammer and slam it into their opponents. They would occasionally charge into enemies to stun them. When weakened, Rooks will encase themselves in a concrete shield.
- Super Pawns - High-ranking soldiers of D.U.P, they can create a concrete shield to defend themselves, like Knights, they are capable of using rocket launchers and sniper rifles.
- Super Rooks - Enforcers of D.U.P, they possess high agility that they can scale most buildings with a single jump, they attack in charging a hail of concrete to their opponents.
- Concrete Kings - Commissioners of D.U.P, and the strongest among the soldiers, they defend themselves with four concrete pillars and throwing boulders at hostiles. Occasionally they create a concrete whip to slam down on the enemies.