|Dr. Wily has declared that this article is still under construction.|
Please don't delete or edit this article yet, it may contrast with the original author's edits.
After I finish this article, the world will be mine! MWAHAHAHAHA!
The Diamond Dogs (named Rover, Fido, and Spot) are an antagonistic trio of greedy jewel finding dogs in the series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Rover was voiced by Scott McNeil, Fido was voiced by Garry Chalk, and Spot was voiced by Lee Tockar.
They appear only so far in the season 1 episode "A Dog, and Pony Show". They are the main antagonists of the episode. They kidnapped Rarity to find gems for them after seeing her using her gem-finding spell, though the first attempt to kidnap Spike, thinking that he was the gem finder. In the end, Rarity makes them regret kidnapping her until her friends arrived to rescue her with spoils.
Rover is a medium-sized dog and the leader of the trio. His two followers are Fido, a large-sized dog, and Spot, who is a bulldog like a small dog. Their name is taken from David Bowie's album Diamond Dogs.".
- All three diamond dogs are based on the Lord of the Rings character Gollum.
- Fido's voice sounds somewhat similar to Animal from The Muppets media and Eduardo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
- The Diamond Dogs are one of the least recurring antagonists in the show, appearing in only one episode in Season 1 and appeared as minor characters in Equestria Girls as teenage humans.
- The Diamond Dogs later appear in one of MLP's Rainbow Rocks shorts, in which they appear as teenage humans who were first seen digging in school grounds for diamonds, the eager to help human Rarity bring the grand piano in the music room (due to them being interested in her diamond hairband).
- It is possible that they were inspired by Crunch the Rockdog, a villain from the first generation of MLP.
Friendship is Magic